Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
heart ... Autumn leaves fall and are swept out of sight ...

Carpet Choice: A Housing Petition

*100 signatures! 11th September 2010*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE:
We've got a Housing update! WOO! Go check out all the new interactiveness!
Now all we need is ... more tiles and options! More! MOAR!

PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
If this petition works and we do get more tiles and options for our houses, I want it to be FREE, not GC. Some of us can't pay real cash for things on Gaia and at the rates people put GC items in the MP for, I do NOT want to have to pay several million for a tile! Please don't mistake this as being a petition to not have GC methods for our houses, it's still about getting new tiles and so on, but I just wanted to make that clear.

User Image

PLEASE NOTE THIS:
The following contains large images that will no doubt cause lag to some. I am truly sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever looked at a floor tile

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And thought: Hmm, that might look good here?

((Forgive my crappy PSP skills))

Or perhaps you've seen a rug

And thought: Why can't I have it like this?

I'm petitioning for more tile options and choices. Some of the tiles we have now would look brilliant if they could be applied on another section, the rugs as a full size for a house - whether big or small - would be fantastic, and let's face it, the matte wall tiles are just an eyesore.

I want wall carpet!
I want the blue stone tiles as floor tiles!
I want to smash up the matte tiles and turn them into mosaics!
I want fancier textured wallpaper or paint, the kind you find in a la Victorian homes!

I want ... more tiles and options!

Please, if you agree and want more options, sign this petition!

Introduction | More Options | Gaia's P.O.V. | Rules / White List / Black List | Signatures | Link In | Link Out | My Quest | My Shop | My Music

... So are the memories of love that we knew ... heart

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

~More Options~
Let's consider some of the other things we can do with tiles.

The Mosaic Solution

First up, let's bring out those hideous matte tiles.

User Image

Yep, those. Now be honest, how many good houses have you seen with those tiles in them? I mean, sure, a blue one against the wall and a green one on the floor can make it look like outside, but it's a tacky outside inside, right? So what do we do with all these ugly, ugly tiles?

SMASH 'EM!

No, I'm serious. Smash them. Let's gather as many that we can and have an auto-smasher; one of the robots can do it. But before you get whoever to hammer away at all your spare tiles, let's have some options that you can turn these tiles into; mosaic murals, really. A picture of a Kiki or a Coco. A picture of your favourite NPC. A picture of your favourite town's flag. A scenic picture of any part of Gaia. The Gaia Logo. ANYTHING! This will of course mean that some new tile colours will have to be introduced into the system, and definitely white, black, grey and brown to name a few, but I'm sure this won't be a problem.

So in recap, you've collected a bunch of tiles and you've taken them to the Faktori to get them smashed. Before you smash you need to choose what image you want so that whoever is in charge can make it up for you - provided you have the right amount of tiles and, like the ink system, gold.

Because Gaia is always looking for more gold sinks.

Now, say you've chosen to get a picture of the Aekea Flag ((to keep it simple)). You look at the list of mosaic mural options that are available to you, but you see 3 different listings of the one picture!

Why?

Because of house sizes. The left wall will always stay the same size no matter the size of the house, so let's call that the Default Wall. In a small house the right wall is a bit smaller, so we'll call that the Small Wall. In an upgraded house, that of course blows the other two out of the water, so we'll call that the Big Wall / Upgraded Wall. They may also choose to give us the option of tiling our floors, so we'll also have a Small Floor and a Big Floor.

User Image

So, with these different sizes there will be amount requirements for all of them. And the bigger the wall the more it'll cost right? So with our Aekea Flag choice, let's hurl out some random figures for this example, using just the walls:

Default: 200 Black matte tiles, 200 White matte tiles + 2k
Small Wall: 100 Black matte tiles, 100 White matte tiles + 1k
Big Wall: 300 Black matte tiles, 300 White matte tiles + 3k

Of course, the more complicated the image the more the tile requirements will vary and certain images will cost more than the others.

Now, if you started off with a small house with a Default and a Small Wall mural, if you upgrade your Small Wall mural will become invalid for your house and perhaps automatically unequip. Then you'll be free to sell it and the money you get from your sale you can use towards getting the Big Wall version of the mural you had on your Small Wall - or something completely different, if you choose.

BY SUGGESTION OF MYUSIKAH:
Making a complete image of something could very well be difficult to code, so the mosaics don't necessarily have to form a picture. I love myusikah's idea of having a jumbled mish-mash of coloured tiles and would love for that to be considered as well. Well thought of, myusikah!

User Image
Note: Image taken from google.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BY SUGGESTION OF BELLA SOLDIER MARIGOLD:
Double Rainbow, OMG

This idea got me to thinking of it being incorporated much like the mosaic system, so I've slotted it here instead of at the bottom. The basic idea is that we should be able to tile in two (or more) colours; like Bella's suggested example of purple and yellow.

I know we already have tiles that have two colours in them (Blue Accent Stone Wall, etc.), but that's not what we want. We want the unlimited ability to be able to choose two different coloured tiles (or more) and cover the same surface with them, either in a checkered pattern, striped pattern, or any other pattern that the staff members in charge of creating this can think of.

Well thought of, Bella Soldier Marigold!

User Image User Image
Note: Images taken from google.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flower Power

How many times have you gotten a flower from the Daily Chance and wished you could do something interesting with it?

Well, why don't we press them?

User Image

But what does this have to do with houses?

Well, why can't we press flowers and have them made into tiles? Maybe have something like 30 blue daisies makes 1 Wall / Floor tile, or 10 blue daisies plus 10 white daisies plus 10 pink daisies = 1 Daisy Bouquet Wall / Floor tile? Or we could have flowers pressed to become book covers for our journal, which you can access by that preview journal button - OR even by clicking a book in your house that you can move about like on a bookshelf or under a pillow or whatever ...

I understand that branches more into technical workings of houses and objects within, but it's a thought. And the tiles, don't forget.

In Queen Victoria's Name

NOTE: Some Victorian-style tiles - Elegant and Vintage (scroll to the bottom, + a couple more on the next page) - were introduced, November 2012! Great work! I hope there's more coming!

Now I know quite a few people are fans of Victorian wallpaper, so why can't we get this in our homes? Yes, so far we have these:

User Image

But that's IT! Five choices and not enough style, not enough flair! I want to see things like this:

User Image User Image User Image

et cetera.

I know they're mostly red but the blue one I wanted to upload wouldn't. The point is, I want Victorian wallpaper. Wouldn't it be lovely to have proper / near-to proper Victorian wallpaper in our houses? I think so.

Giant Canvas

This is an idea that I've been meaning to put up for some time but kept forgetting to (sorry!). Having a brilliantly artistic sister, many a time have I envied her ability to draw and paint whatever she wanted on whatever surface she chose (she once painted an entire door in our old house with a picture she found in one of mum's meditation books; it was so brilliant! We regret that we didn't take the door with us when we moved).

Well, I want to envy no more!

Gaia: Give us the ability to paint our walls. Give us the chance to paint a wall one colour, or two colours, or paint something onto it (even if it's a set stencil with set colours; it'd be neater if we could choose the colours from a colour palette though). Give us little finger painters the feeling of accomplishment when we paint a beautiful sunset onto the walls of our pixelated house. We want to paint!

User Image
NOTE: Image taken from Google.

Introduction | More Options | Gaia's P.O.V. | Rules / White List / Black List | Signatures | Link In | Link Out | My Quest | My Shop | My Music

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

~Gaia's P.O.V.~

Coraley
I'll sign
I also want more size options for houses that don't cost a fortune.

Doosteh
I would like to see some NORMAL colors for walls and floors. Who uses toxic green and tangerine?
How about some wainscoting? And crown molding too. Shag carpet and a bear skin rug would be nice. Our housing options are lacking and that's sad as they could be used as private chat rooms between friends, but who wants to chat in a house with CEMENT on the walls? scream
/rant

I'll sign

Frosted Bacon
I'll sign!

We should do a bee-suit thing, and each time we get a matte tile out of daily chance we should send it to Lanzer. :B

Keela Shadowclaw
I'm all for more tiles! How about more black or dark grey tiles for walls and floors? and how about some retro type tiles,like 50s and 60s?

X-Men Mutant Rogue
I agree, sign. The houses aren't really getting any updates. So they feel more useless to even bother with. Also it would be nice to able to put avatar items in your home again. I don't know if its glitched or disabled, but it makes it harder to decorate your room without the use of using some household related items from your equip.

The Little Waffle
Ohhhh fuzzy walls! I like that! Yeah I agree, the houses are being abandoned. No new furniture lately

I sign!

SerpentRose
More options are always good!
*signs*

Life_Is_But_A_Glitch
I sign. I would also like some cool paterns for flooring and wallpaper such as leopard print,star print and maybe even rainbow. xD

-my_collapsed_rectum-
textI most definitely sign!!!
Has anyone noticed there isn't even a whitewash option?
To make my house look like a normal freaking room I have to use the pseudo-Victorian wallpaper, and even then it looks funny with my furnishings crying

misfit baby
I've always wanted them to do more with the houses. But, most likely, if they do, it will cost GC </3 Just like what they are doing with the cars, needless, I, misfit baby, sign this petition.

Ke0n is Heartless
i sign,i love my house but it needs more updates User Image

K i m z y
I sign this petition because I think those matte floor tiles look absolutely vile.

We definitely do need more selections and I love your examples of floor tiles.
Let's hope that we'll get a housing update as soon as possible.
We're bloody due one!
xd

myusikah
I sign. We should definitely get moisaics, that's a brilliant idea.
But I'd also like the option to resize our items. LIke, haven't you ever had an item, but it seemed too small for a portion of the house? It might make things a bit easier...

Also, looking at your mosaic thing. It'd be cool to have a stripey pattern using several small tiles. Maybe you don't even have to make an image out of the mosaic, cause that could be hard. Maybe it could be like a random sort of jumbled mess made of smashed tiles. I'd definitely go for that.

The Darkened One II
We should have more choices so it looks like a REAL home.
I hate bright colors we have now and hardly anything matches.
We need more options. I sign!

Elfgiva
I sign. Housing hasn't had any kind of update in too long (years, I'm pretty sure) and is waaay overdue

Lina -^_^-
I sign !! our houses definitely deserves more tiles and I think more items too, I haven't seen any updates in years unfortunately, I wish I could decorate my house for Christmas :< ....

Bizumi
Freaking Sign -signs- It's been a while since they last submitted house items User Image

Bella Soldier Marigold
I, Bella Soldier Marigold, sign this petition.

And you know what I want? I want MULTI-COLORED tiles and wall-paper. My house is purple-and-yellow, but all the furniture has to be yellow since my walls and floor can only be purple, not purple AND yellow! I WANT MORE VARIETY.

also I have put your links in my affiliates section. Thank you so much~

Takagi Keisuke
Oh my god YES! I want to sign this petition.

I had a dream a couple nights ago that Gaia Houses had beautiful wallpapers with various patterns. Some of them were kind of cutesy, such as a tan wallpaper with little red cherries, and other ones were more like the ideas from the original poster. I have ALWAYS wanted those little carpets to cover the entire floor.

Again, I would love to sign this petition!

Restless In Repose
I'll sign~ o.o
As it stands, there are definitely not enough appealing, inexpensive tiles. v_v

PurpleViper
I just recently ran into this problem. While I was updating my house, I ran into the issue of not being able to find any good carpets or wallpapers. I ended up settling for what I already had. I'll sign.

Flocksy
I sign!
I can only remember one housing update in the ~3½ years I've been here
I hardly ever use towns these days, because I can't make my house pretty (due to the arranger being glitchy and lack of items)

Simplyfied
I sign.

If there were more options, then I'd actually go and decorate my house gonk

xEveningSunrisex
I sign for sure!!
gaia houses are so blandd

Amaranthine Inamorata
I SIGN!
I have my house set up like a tea party(hehe) and one can NOT have a girly, frilly, lacy tea party with the housing options Gaia has. D;

EleanorRigby1
I sign this. It's a marvelous idea that I would definitely enjoy in my house.

Gurei Zuvuya
I Gurei Zuvuya, deem this petition worthy of my signature!

Jenalei
*swoons over the rug, the Queen Victoria examples, and the idea of normal wallpaper/paint for the walls*

I would so very much love my home more if I could actually make it look like a normal house. I definitely agree with Doosteh on the walls, too.

Eal Cat
I sign! Those victorians tiles.. I... WANT scream

dakota woodruff
i sign this its a good idea emo

Solar_Muffin

I sign.
I dont use my house because all of our items are just kinda blah!

Hungarian Avatar 101
This is a great idea!
I sign in :3

Najadgr8t1
I sign! I used to play house and go to towns, but it's not worth it anymore since I'm bored with the housing item selection. There haven't been any updates to that housing store in AGES!!! scream

Queen Riah
-sign-
I'm sick of those hideous matte tiles.
Blech.

Love Walks In
YES YES YES!
I switched accounts last year and I REFUSE to have a house unless Gaia makes some items I actually like.

I SIGN.

Tote_Nacht
I sign!

I love the idea about the flower power and the rug idea! heart whee

Song_of_fire
    I sign. Mostly because I simply want more wallpaper and flooring options than the meagre page in the Faktori we have now.

(And the carpet idea, SO want.)

Tempest Lorelay
Yesss! This is a great idea! I'm beyond tired of this old carpets!

I Sign!

masterfocus
Your petition is AMAZING! The option of using flowers to do tiles is really creative! I support all the way! biggrin

P.S: you could use inks to do different combinations and creating tiles.. If you didn't suggest that before, I think it's a good idea..

I SIGN!!

Valatrix
I will sign The houses are fun and people would be more excited to hang out in them if there was actually something to show off.

nanaith
I sign , I want Victorian wallpaper !
And I am sure all the kawaii-desus of Gaia would love those too...And since Gaia has a LOT of kawaii-desus ...Tis idea would have alot of success !

CynHimawari2828
I'll sign, I want more Victorian stuff, and ones that I don't have to try and get gaia cash for either.

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

~Rules~
1. Follow the ToS.
2. No quoting anything on the first page.
3. No using mules to sign!
4. No spamming or scamming
5. Bumpers allowed - in fact, encouraged!

~White List~
Queener: Regular Bumper.
Freddus: Regular Bumper.

~Black List~
(No one - good!)

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

~Signatures~

1. Marie-Cris
  2. Gweener
  3. scromlette
  4. Ame no Yanagi
  5. Ljoan56
  6. Wenchypants
  7. Psyconautic Euphorium
  8. Neriad13
  9. Santa-Esmeralda
  10. Amethyst the Bat
  11. Kizzy_Katz
  12. leungkelly
  13. Mari Owenhiert
  14. Coraley
  15. water-drop-07
  16. DeathstarsBabe
  17. iT O X i C P A N D Y
  18. Freddus
  19. Naramaru
  20. Doosteh
  21. Frosted Bacon
  22. Lunathedemoncat
  23. Keela Shadowclaw
  24. X-Men Mutant Rogue
  25. illiterate_x
  26. Captain Philip Pears
  27. xMiss Goth Girlx
  28. Pippikin
  29. The Little Waffle
  30. Kawaii Koala Bear
  31. SerpentRose
  32. Orchestrated Evil
  33. Life_Is_But_A_Glitch
  34. -my_collapsed_rectum-
  35. misfit baby
  36. Ebony the Peacian
  37. Ke0n is Heartless
  38. Seiriol
  39. K i m z y
  40. m i g h t y-r i p t i d e
  41. myusikah
  42. The Darkened One II
  43. DollPrince
  44. xScarletButterflyx
  45. Sky Scorcher
  46. Nicolaes Rose
  47. Queen _Jane_Approximately
  48. ll SweetAsHoney ll
  49. lenore riddle
  50. Mikayla Heart
  51. wiltingrose89
  52. DarlingCurse
  53. watreera the gray rabbit
  54. Mireiyu75
  55. Elfgiva
  56. I His Neko-Kun I
  57. Lina -^_^-
  58. Bizumi
  59. Bella Soldier Marigold
  60. i_fresh_boi_i
  61. Lucy#6
  62. Roosje__love
  63. Takagi Keisuke
  64. Restless In Repose
  65. XxXemomuffinluvr
  66. Orange Lexi
  67. Shakugan no Uchite
  68. PurpleViper
  69. alexis_lover9797
  70. awhongkong
  71. Halfblood_Hero
  72. Flocksy
  73. Simplyfied
  74. ping_of_death
  75. Quixotic_confusa
  76. xEveningSunrisex
  77. Amaranthine Inamorata
  78. Zangoose-chan
  79. EleanorRigby1
  80. Gurei Zuvuya
  81. Chouryou
  82. Jenalei
  83. OG LoLo
  84. Eal Cat
  85. KonoOtaku
  86. Luna Verto
  87. Syesta
  88. dakota woodruff
  89. Solar_Muffin
  90. Coolfactor
  91. Hungarian Avatar 101
  92. chirpysmom
  93. 00xuxa00
  94. A m s y x
  95. Najadgr8t1
  96. CherryChews
  97. OmgRee
  98. kiwi-Nai
  99. Your-Final-Kiss
  100. xX Haru Haru Xx
  101. Ivy City
  102. POOPOOPANCAKES
  103. Hello Kisty
  104. Clixadon
  105. Icedapple_o3o
  106. Capt Harlock Jr
  107. Vyolent Obsession
  108. dragonmonkey
  109. Yona_Babe
  110. Xanvie
  111. Queen Riah
  112. shebahpink
  113. Alice Loves Him
  114. HaruNoBara
  115. Love Walks In
  116. Tote_Nacht
  117. Kawaii Vampy
  118. princess_pillow
  119. taltal111
  120. RS Sailor Blue
  121. PlagueMouse
  122. Tropical Disease
  123. peaach
  124. Four days
  125. draco babylonicus
  126. Super Shop Till You Drop2
  127. i-Blinkie
  128. Master Princess 100
  129. Andrreana
  130. Dani fool
  131. SwedishPancake
  132. Mandi Elli
  133. Konani_NTH
  134. Song_of_fire
  135. fin22hola
  136. Belethiel
  137. Fairy-Liin
  138. Screwed Up Since 1999
  139. izumi hiroko
  140. xXUchiha_ItatsumeXx
  141. Tempest Lorelay
  142. Miko_Like_A_Sir
  143. I said RAWR
  144. masterfocus
  145. xKushhCloud
  146. Valatrix
  147. nanaith
  148. Michelle Chiba
  149. Channercorn
  150. Princess Mi Amore Cadenza
  151. CynHimawari2828
  152. Witch_Kitty666
  153. kucuu
  154. xScenodollx
  155. Pitch The Nightmare King
  156. Tansyuduri2

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

~Link In~
Ordinary Link
Carpet Choice: A Housing Petition (More Tiles and Options!)
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/t.41935637/]Carpet Choice: A Housing Petition[/url]

The Anti-Matte Banner
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/t.41935637/][IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c109/Marie-Cris/Gaia Online/Anti-MatteBanner.gif[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/t.41935637/][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2yzn8ep.jpg[/IMG][/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/t.41935637/][IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/21ouf7q.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

~Link Out~

IMPORTANT
User Image

88X31
User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

100 x 100
-

200 x 40
User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

200 x 200
-

Just Links
Make Flowers into Better Items Petition
Flower Petition (useless turned into useful)

Misc.
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

~My Quest~

Like everyone else, I'm on a quest. My quest isn't for any item specifically, but for every item that can be equipped. I've made a list in my journal entry of items I've already obtained ((which are now spread out over a mass of mules ... they need to be dressed too, you know. In fact, they've stolen most of my wardrobe!)) in my quest journal entry, so anything that isn't in that post - or things that are on my wish list ((just a few random items)) - is something I'm looking for.

Yes, even cheap-as store stuff.

If you want to offload something that I don't already have I'll be happy to take it off your hands ((Please, NO FLOWERS, TOKENS OR PAPERS)). Unless it's severely expensive. Then I'll consider it.

User Image

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

~My Shop~

I've been whipping up a fair few graphics lately, all in the same kind of style, so I've decided to open a shop! It's all about Radials which you can buy plain or with text, images, effects, and some can even be animated! Click the banner below to get to it and don't mind the URL; it's a custom-made TinyURL, standinf for "Photoshop Killed the Radial Star" ((but with a "1" at the end because "pktrs" was taken)).

Bumping and chatting is encouraged, plus if you stay you could have a grab at winning 100k!

Hope to see you there!

User Image

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

~My Music~

Just for fun, I thought I'd show you what I'm currently listening to. If you would like to get one of these, go to Last.FM, make an account, download the scrobbler and choose your own chart background - just not this one, as I made it. ^}_^

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

~Reserved~

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

~Reserved~

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

~Reserved~

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

~Reserved~

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas