Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
operaphantom21
I, operaphantom21, do hereby sign this petition!
This is a great idea. I have a lot of ideas for my home, but I can't do most of it because the homes are just extra fluff, and I don't want to buy something I won't be able to use. It seems that homes have become a way for people to show off their wealth, rather than something fun and interesting. The only problem is that I fear it will become something only people with Gaia Cash will be able to access. Quite a few people here on Gaia are like me, teens who need the money that would be wasted with GC to buy things like I-pods, laptops, clothes, or even saving for college. And there are others, again like me, who are in financial difficulty, and they need to make every dollar count for necessities, and can't afford GC. I feel like the users with GC are like the golden children, Gaia's favorites, and those users who don't have GC are the black sheep of the family. I apologize if this sounds rude, childish, like bellyaching, or if I seem to be making a fuss over nothing, but I feel that I need to speak out.

Yes I understand how you feel. I too have been working really hard just to earn enough gold to purchase stuff at the marketplace that are usually sold using GC. Another user has pointed this out as well. I'll make sure I include this issue on the first post as well. If they ever do update homes and they'll sell upgrades and items using GC, it will create a gap between wealthy and poor Gaians like myself.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Dalileo
These are really excellent ideas. I decorated my house exactly how I wanted it over a year ago, then never touched it again because there's nothing to really do with it, and there have been no new house items in ages. Even adopting only a couple of these options would make my house worthwhile again. Sign me up!

Yes I agree. We need more furniture.

Quotable Phantom

9,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Signed.

Some people do questing in the towns but they are very empty. More interaction between neighbors might happen if there were things to do in the house itself.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Lydia V Grey
Signed.

Some people do questing in the towns but they are very empty. More interaction between neighbors might happen if there were things to do in the house itself.

You're right about that. There are only a few people in the Towns these days. Not only do homes need changes, but the Towns in general. Thanks for signing.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
It's unfortunate to know that not all Gaians would even want any updates for Homes.
Gaia's Housing division is sorely in need of a makeover. I agree with most of the proposals set forth in your petition, and I would like to add a request of my own, if I may. I have game items from the old Orphan event (sack of flour, the whiskey bottle (or whatever it is), etc.) and would love to be able to place them in my home. In fact, I have a veritable plethora of game items I would love to place in my home. If there was a way to encourage the developers / artists / whoever in charge to make these items as home-friendly as the other items, I would be utterly ecstatic. I already know how I want to use the Orphan items in junction with items from the Medieval set, especially if that particular theme is ever finished.

I know that the counter argument for these housing petitions is that we are, in fact, a minority in the Gaian world for wanting the housing updated. I can only hope that if the housing system was fixed / improved / etc., with each theme either expanded or completed, there would be renewed interest. Many Gaians, as well as myself, have largely given up our attempts at designing our homes because of the frustrating limitations of what's provided. Either way, these petitions seem like a win-win.

*signs with a flourish*

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Jenalei
Gaia's Housing division is sorely in need of a makeover. I agree with most of the proposals set forth in your petition, and I would like to add a request of my own, if I may. I have game items from the old Orphan event (sack of flour, the whiskey bottle (or whatever it is), etc.) and would love to be able to place them in my home. In fact, I have a veritable plethora of game items I would love to place in my home. If there was a way to encourage the developers / artists / whoever in charge to make these items as home-friendly as the other items, I would be utterly ecstatic. I already know how I want to use the Orphan items in junction with items from the Medieval set, especially if that particular theme is ever finished.

I know that the counter argument for these housing petitions is that we are, in fact, a minority in the Gaian world for wanting the housing updated. I can only hope that if the housing system was fixed / improved / etc., with each theme either expanded or completed, there would be renewed interest. Many Gaians, as well as myself, have largely given up our attempts at designing our homes because of the frustrating limitations of what's provided. Either way, these petitions seem like a win-win.

*signs with a flourish*

That's a great idea. I'll make sure to add that on the first page of this thread. I think we should be able to display items we've earned through games other than zOMG as well.
Thank you for signing. I hope more Gaians will be encouraged to decorate their homes if it's updated.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
If you have any suggestions on how to improve homes, I'd post them on the first page.

Liberal Gekko

5,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
I sign.

Also, check out my petition about adding a gardening section on Gaia! It's in my siggy whee

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
watreera the gray rabbit
i sign

Thanks.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
in the flicker.
I sign.

Also, check out my petition about adding a gardening section on Gaia! It's in my siggy whee

Thanks.
Sure. Would you like to become an affiliate?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff