Lonely Browser

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
ping_of_death
Tiina Brown
Jenalei
Oh, and I guess I'm a bit confused about the Joining Houses idea. Would that mean a sort of arrangements like apartments, where each Gaian has their own sort-of house in a larger all-encompassing building (or town-homes, which are separate-yet-joined), or would they just be rooms like they are now, in a dormitory-type setting? sweatdrop

Dormitory!
That was the word i was looking for!
Thing is, some would easily satisfy with a Dormitory, while some, like me, would like to have an actual house, with 2-3 .... or even 5 Rooms!
And some, like Ping, would like a functioning Garden, while some, like me, don't.
I guess that the Makers of Gaia could add these things, without any greater problems:
* Join houses - Adding corridors between them- causing a "Dormitory-Effect".
These corridors must be Bought, and it's buyer may even Decorate it, but you may buy it "half", and so may the neighbour.
If not Joined, the buyer can treat it as a Hallway, or a Storage room, kind of.
* Make the Chosen windows & such to be visible from the outside.
This may mean enlargening of some houses on their outside.
* Adding Rooms .... Underground!
That way, the surface look need not be touched, .... and you don't need windows underground, either.
* Add Attic/another floor uppwards.
* Allow the immediate outside Garden Area to be .... Designable.
* Allow the Aquarium to be added as a visible ITEM in the House, if so is desired, maybe with a link to looking at it, and such.
As i see it, these are the most probable ones ......

I do wonder what Ping thinks, though.

Yup maybe we can share the plot or area with a friend so that the cost of upgrades and other items will be divided between the two. It will also reduce the need for more windows if houses are joined.
Maybe we can also suggest to whoever is in charge of making Towns to add more choices in the types of houses. Some would like only a single-room house or the studio-type we currently have. Or some would like the duplex or two-unit apartment or condominium that you suggested. I think the more choices, the better.
And I like the idea of an underground room and an attic!

I would love to be able to combine some housing, especially for all my mules. The only drawback to living with / sharing housing/hallways/etc. with other users would be if said friend either became inactive for long periods of time or left altogether. How would that effect one's ability to update one's house? What steps would have to be taken in order to "divorce" a dorm / joined house?

The attic / cellar idea is fantastic. It would allow Gaia to make new items (I can think of a couple wicked stair designs they could spit out) and would allow for item storage, those separate rooms without necessarily having to widen the exterior of the house, etc. I imagine that it would be easier to build up, rather than out... particularly in those areas where the housing is practically bunched together. The cellars would require absolutely no alteration, and attics... Might cause some problems, but with the square housing, at least, it looks like it could already be included.

User Image
stressed
I didn't realize how messy that last post was. I apologize if I confused anyone. I can't seem to be able to speak coherently lately.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Thanks to PrincessMina15 for being the 100th supporter of this petition!

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Jenalei
ping_of_death
Tiina Brown
Jenalei
Oh, and I guess I'm a bit confused about the Joining Houses idea. Would that mean a sort of arrangements like apartments, where each Gaian has their own sort-of house in a larger all-encompassing building (or town-homes, which are separate-yet-joined), or would they just be rooms like they are now, in a dormitory-type setting? sweatdrop

Dormitory!
That was the word i was looking for!
Thing is, some would easily satisfy with a Dormitory, while some, like me, would like to have an actual house, with 2-3 .... or even 5 Rooms!
And some, like Ping, would like a functioning Garden, while some, like me, don't.
I guess that the Makers of Gaia could add these things, without any greater problems:
* Join houses - Adding corridors between them- causing a "Dormitory-Effect".
These corridors must be Bought, and it's buyer may even Decorate it, but you may buy it "half", and so may the neighbour.
If not Joined, the buyer can treat it as a Hallway, or a Storage room, kind of.
* Make the Chosen windows & such to be visible from the outside.
This may mean enlargening of some houses on their outside.
* Adding Rooms .... Underground!
That way, the surface look need not be touched, .... and you don't need windows underground, either.
* Add Attic/another floor uppwards.
* Allow the immediate outside Garden Area to be .... Designable.
* Allow the Aquarium to be added as a visible ITEM in the House, if so is desired, maybe with a link to looking at it, and such.
As i see it, these are the most probable ones ......

I do wonder what Ping thinks, though.

Yup maybe we can share the plot or area with a friend so that the cost of upgrades and other items will be divided between the two. It will also reduce the need for more windows if houses are joined.
Maybe we can also suggest to whoever is in charge of making Towns to add more choices in the types of houses. Some would like only a single-room house or the studio-type we currently have. Or some would like the duplex or two-unit apartment or condominium that you suggested. I think the more choices, the better.
And I like the idea of an underground room and an attic!

I would love to be able to combine some housing, especially for all my mules. The only drawback to living with / sharing housing/hallways/etc. with other users would be if said friend either became inactive for long periods of time or left altogether. How would that effect one's ability to update one's house? What steps would have to be taken in order to "divorce" a dorm / joined house?

The attic / cellar idea is fantastic. It would allow Gaia to make new items (I can think of a couple wicked stair designs they could spit out) and would allow for item storage, those separate rooms without necessarily having to widen the exterior of the house, etc. I imagine that it would be easier to build up, rather than out... particularly in those areas where the housing is practically bunched together. The cellars would require absolutely no alteration, and attics... Might cause some problems, but with the square housing, at least, it looks like it could already be included.

User Image

In answer to your question, I don't think updating your house will be affected since there's a wall separating a duplex. As for shared houses, perhaps Gaia can send email alerts to the inactive users and tell them to log in again. And the active user should also be given an option to put a wall between the shared corridors. It sounds a bit complicated though.

I was also thinking that maybe I should revise my proposal to have the exterior size be the same as the interior. I didn't realize it might take up a lot of space. Maybe they should set a limit to the width of the house outside. So yes, maybe instead of extending the width of the house, we could add more floors. The attic and cellar could both be secret rooms so they can't be seen from the outside.

Sparkly Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
I sign smile
I'll sign. I love my home...

WHY AREN'T NEW ITEMS BEING RELEASED?

Friendly Sentai

Further Comments from Me:
* Joining Houses-Hallway
Each one Buys, and has their own part of the corridor, and decides whether to use it as Hallway, Corridor, or even small Room.

I considered to have parts of it "Unblockable", but some may want to block it, especially if they use it as Small Room.
.............. Subterrean/Cellar Hallways is also nice. ( heart )
EDIT:
Oh, how i'd LOVE to get to get in touch with any of those designers:
That way, i would understand better what obstacles that exists, and possibly help puzzle together a few of the suggestions........
And, of course:
Stairs for multi-level Houses is Definitely a good idea, Jenalei! (Really a neccessity.....)
I can also think of a few nice ones ....... 3nodding

Dapper Genius

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
Tiina Brown
Further Comments from Me:
* Joining Houses-Hallway
Each one Buys, and has their own part of the corridor, and decides whether to use it as Hallway, Corridor, or even small Room.

I considered to have parts of it "Unblockable", but some may want to block it, especially if they use it as Small Room.
.............. Subterrean/Cellar Hallways is also nice. ( heart )
EDIT:
Oh, how i'd LOVE to get to get in touch with any of those designers:
That way, i would understand better what obstacles that exists, and possibly help puzzle together a few of the suggestions........
And, of course:
Stairs for multi-level Houses is Definitely a good idea, Jenalei! (Really a neccessity.....)
I can also think of a few nice ones ....... 3nodding

Ofc... where U would want stairs, I would b opting for elevators. But yea, me 2 - I'd like get in touch and throw in some ideas. razz idea

Obsessive Elder

Sign me up.
xp No matter how hard I have tried, I can't get all my friends on the same page. Picking an address needs to be improved also.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Purtie
Sign me up.
xp No matter how hard I have tried, I can't get all my friends on the same page. Picking an address needs to be improved also.

I agree. I don't see any point in using the current address. It's pretty useless. Even the map is useless.

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Generous 100
Oh yes we need more expandable house -_-"
I mean if you have the gold why can't you live in a mansion like Gambino or something?
I sign, cause it would not only be fair but it would make towns so much more cooler!

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I've posted a topic related to Homes and Cars in Gaia Community Discussion. You might want to check it out.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THREAD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces