Welcome to Gaia! ::

Everyday Garbage

ganchroi
The Black Duke
I guess, at the core of what I'm saying, I just want you to think of the wider scope of things.
If Gaia does indeed change alchemy like you say just so we can only release new CI items in the CIs to come, and items needed for alchemical formulas are indeed changed, think of how much backlash that is going to have on the community as a whole.
Every person who's worked even the slightest bit on alchemy is going to demand a refund.
If they don't get one, you can bet a lot of people will be quitting the site.
Gaia will lose a massive amount of business because of this.
On the other hand, giving out that many refunds in items/gold is going to completely halt all other work Gaia has to do.
Thus causing them to fall behind greatly on all productivity on the upkeep of the site's workings.
This could potentially lead to the company going in the red financially.
If they go too far into the red, it could lead to Gaia being shut down.
Either way, it's a losing situation for Gaia.
I'm in no way trying to be mean.
I'm just making it known that the possibility of this even partially being put into effect is slim to none.

Well my main point for alchemy being involved is that alchemy ingredients should be available elsewhere and not in the CI bundles; they're available in zomg and should be made available in the actual alchemy shop. One thing I'm very supportive off on the CI's is that when they come out a formula to make them comes out in the shop as well, and it uses new items from the bundle; it gives incentive to both take part in CI's and alchemy. I just think that older items for alchemy should be available for alchemists in their own shop if you get me; an alchemist shouldn't have to go out of their way to find the items by spending real money on bundles, and people who want new equippable items from the bundles shouldn't have to get alchemy items that don't sell for much and that they can't use.
I think it would benefit us all if they did that; everyone would probably find it beneficial.
So you're suggesting they open a shop where they sell Kitten Stars?
A shop where they sell exceedingly rare CI items that people worked really hard to get?
That would not blow over well either.
People would still demand reimbursement.
No matter what happens, I promise you, this won't happen.
You can defend it any way you want, but it's not something Gaia is going to do.
I can swear on that.

Benevolent Lunatic

13,150 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
The Black Duke
A shop where they sell exceedingly rare CI items that people worked really hard to get?
I can swear on that.

Kitten stars are alchemy ingredients!?! I'm referring to the ingredients to make 'em, not the actual alchemy items cat_sweatdrop I apologise for the confusion on that...
And that's ok, you have your own opinion; but I'm gonna try anyway (103 people so far are for it cat_3nodding )

Everyday Garbage

ganchroi
The Black Duke
I can swear on that.

Kitten stars are alchemy ingredients!?! I'm referring to the ingredients to make 'em, not the actual alchemy items cat_sweatdrop I apologise for the confusion on that...
And that's ok, you have your own opinion; but I'm gonna try anyway (103 people so far are for it cat_3nodding )
Yes, Kitten Stars are alchemical ingredients for the Aurora kitten star.
And if you're thinking I'm referring to actual components coming from the CIs, that's not what I mean.
Components come from an entirely different source.
But alchemy components are not the only items used in alchemy.
Old CI items, like Kitten Stars, and even the things you consider junk avatar items, are used in alchemical formulas.
If they stopped releasing those items in CIs, it would cause massive backlash, causing alchemy to die out.
And just as I explained in a worst case scenario, people would demand reimbursement, and whether that was refused or accepted, it would cause so much trouble for Gaia it's not even worth considering.
They can't do that.
Ever.
So there will never be a time when this petition will be implemented.

Everyday Garbage

I guess all in all, a better use of your time would be trying to petition for separate CIs.
Still by far a long shot, but petitioning for a monthly CI and a CI that gets updated with old items would be something that could actually happen with effort.
It would achieve your goal of making new CI items ONLY have the items from the new CI.
And a past item CI that gets updated every time an old CI becomes retired.
I say it's a long shot because that makes a lot more work for Gaia.
And as a business, the most profit with the least work is the best way to run things.
Either way, that would be a better use of your time if you wish to work toward a petition that makes new CIs only release new CI items.
This petition, as it stands, will never see fruit.

Benevolent Lunatic

13,150 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
The Black Duke

I have edited the petition so that it runs more in line with what you're saying; do you feel willing to sign it now?

Everyday Garbage

In this sense, this sort of thing won't hurt me.
So sure, I'll throw down my signature.

Beloved Vampire

20,740 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50

Benevolent Lunatic

13,150 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Witty Smoker