Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Businesswoman

4,090 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
-Drags in something that looks very dead.-

-Looks around and lifts her extremely bloody right hand and signs her name on the list with her pointer finger.-

....n n <3

-Walks off while dragging the very dead abomination away.-

Chatty Shopper

7,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Timid Fatcat

Invisible Shapeshifter

Devout Lunatic

10,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
I sign, please add me to the petition.

Distinct Partygoer

Girl-Crazy Darling

18,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • One Down 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Everyday Garbage

This petition is completely wasted and will never be implemented.
Not being a downer or being a d**k.
Being honest.
Gaia uses the RIGs not just to release new items, but old ones needed for alchemical parts.
A lot of items needed in alchemy come from RIGs.
And if they only released new stuff, alchemy would be pointless because components would dry up.
So this is something that will literally never happen.

Invisible Fatcat

8,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Benevolent Lunatic

13,150 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
The Black Duke
Being honest.
Gaia uses the RIGs not just to release new items, but old ones needed for alchemical parts.
And if they only released new stuff, alchemy would be pointless because components would dry up.

If items are needed for alchemy they should be either available in the alchemy shop or elsewhere; gaians who don't partake in alchemy (because it's so hard to level to get anywhere decent anyway) shouldn't have to get junk just in case we're alchemists; we want usable stuff and not have to pawn off something that ain't worth much in the first place. Sure some of the RIG items are really cheap; but at least they're something new and equipable in case we want to keep them; not some crazy crystal or piece of wood or whatever. There are some alchemists out there, but the majority of us could not be bothered to waste that amount of time, effort & money. If you want to be an alchemist bring it elsewhere and don't ruin our CI's.
(And I wasn't trying to be mean to you; this is just how I honestly feel about it, hence the petition)

Everyday Garbage

ganchroi
The Black Duke
Being honest.

If items are needed for alchemy they should be either available in the alchemy shop or elsewhere; gaians who don't partake in alchemy (because it's so hard to level to get anywhere decent anyway) shouldn't have to get junk just in case we're alchemists; we want usable stuff and not have to pawn off something that ain't worth much in the first place. Sure some of the RIG items are really cheap; but at least they're something new and equipable in case we want to keep them; not some crazy crystal or piece of wood or whatever. There are some alchemists out there, but the majority of us could not be bothered to waste that amount of time, effort & money. If you want to be an alchemist bring it elsewhere and don't ruin our CI's.
(And I wasn't trying to be mean to you; this is just how I honestly feel about it, hence the petition)
Well, even if alchemy isn't popular, letting it die out because a small group of people want change isn't something Gaia is going to do.
Gaia is still actively working on alchemy.
Trying to make it easier for everyone.
And trying to make it a big part of Gaia as a whole.
The people of this thread may only want new items in the CIs, but the fact of the matter is that not only the junk items from previous CIs get released.
I know plenty of people who've won expensive past CI items in newer CIs.
Getting rid of changes to get old pets like Lucky or Nochi, and only releasing new items in CIs will get boring fast.
And will cause Gaia to lose a lot of money.
So it's never going to be implemented.

Everyday Garbage

I guess, at the core of what I'm saying, I just want you to think of the wider scope of things.
If Gaia does indeed change alchemy like you say just so we can only release new CI items in the CIs to come, and items needed for alchemical formulas are indeed changed, think of how much backlash that is going to have on the community as a whole.
Every person who's worked even the slightest bit on alchemy is going to demand a refund.
If they don't get one, you can bet a lot of people will be quitting the site.
Gaia will lose a massive amount of business because of this.
On the other hand, giving out that many refunds in items/gold is going to completely halt all other work Gaia has to do.
Thus causing them to fall behind greatly on all productivity on the upkeep of the site's workings.
This could potentially lead to the company going in the red financially.
If they go too far into the red, it could lead to Gaia being shut down.
Either way, it's a losing situation for Gaia.
I'm in no way trying to be mean.
I'm just making it known that the possibility of this even partially being put into effect is slim to none.

Dainty Bear

23,375 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Master Converter 500
ill sign this!

Benevolent Lunatic

13,150 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
The Black Duke
I guess, at the core of what I'm saying, I just want you to think of the wider scope of things.
If Gaia does indeed change alchemy like you say just so we can only release new CI items in the CIs to come, and items needed for alchemical formulas are indeed changed, think of how much backlash that is going to have on the community as a whole.
Every person who's worked even the slightest bit on alchemy is going to demand a refund.
If they don't get one, you can bet a lot of people will be quitting the site.
Gaia will lose a massive amount of business because of this.
On the other hand, giving out that many refunds in items/gold is going to completely halt all other work Gaia has to do.
Thus causing them to fall behind greatly on all productivity on the upkeep of the site's workings.
This could potentially lead to the company going in the red financially.
If they go too far into the red, it could lead to Gaia being shut down.
Either way, it's a losing situation for Gaia.
I'm in no way trying to be mean.
I'm just making it known that the possibility of this even partially being put into effect is slim to none.

Well my main point for alchemy being involved is that alchemy ingredients should be available elsewhere and not in the CI bundles; they're available in zomg and should be made available in the actual alchemy shop. One thing I'm very supportive off on the CI's is that when they come out a formula to make them comes out in the shop as well, and it uses new items from the bundle; it gives incentive to both take part in CI's and alchemy. I just think that older items for alchemy should be available for alchemists in their own shop if you get me; an alchemist shouldn't have to go out of their way to find the items by spending real money on bundles, and people who want new equippable items from the bundles shouldn't have to get alchemy items that don't sell for much and that they can't use.
I think it would benefit us all if they did that; everyone would probably find it beneficial.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff