Welcome to Gaia! ::

Help me fatten my portfolio!
a temp custom art shop

Pardon our dust, we're still setting things up.

Hi there guys, and welcome to my custom art shop! My name is Krystal, and I'm a very inexperienced graphic designer. I've worked many freelance jobs, but now its time to get srs.

Why
After many lonely hours of scouring craigslist, I realized I won't be able to continue working freelance without AT LEAST a wonderful portfolio. SO I logged into my devart account, thinking I's find a few nice pieces that I could throw together and showcase. I was wrong. Amongst the scattered bits of pixel houses and anime drawings, I realized I would impress no one with my "work." After many, many, hours of thinking of a way to make a fake portfolio, the answer came to me. Why would I want to make a fake portfolio? Why, I could set up a gaia shop, and make fake monies, while also making myself an awesome professional portfolio. Genius, I know! So please, come in, and don't be afraid to ask for anything you may want. I am more than happy to make images to be used for irl purposes, like personal business cards.

/welcome and why/updates and faq/what I offer/suggestions/wait list and order form/finished works/links in and out/love love list/
Updates and FAQ

-4/23/12I've been ridicuously busy and lazy but I'll actually start checking this thread now.

FAQ: Or, a list of questions I made up for tl;dr

Q: Can you make me a website?

A: No, only because I have no idea how to.

Q: Can you make a thread layout for me, with the pretty sidebar and fancy text and buttons and stuff?

A: No. Well, not until I learn how to.

Q: Can you make avi edits/chibis/fanart/comics for me?

A:No. Not because I am unable. The only reason I refuse to do this work is because I am building a professional portfolio. This doesn't mean I can't do fun things, but I would like all work I do to be publishable and usable for a resume.

Q: Can you mail me business cards, pamphlets, or menus?

A: No. I will, however, provide all work in the proper format. Say, if you order a business card, you will receive it in the standard 3.5"x2" format, so you can print yourself.

/welcome and why/updates and faq/what I offer/samples/wait list/finished works/links in and out/love love list/
What I Offer

The one thing I would like to be sure of, is offering something you won't find elsewhere on gaia. I'm always welcome to ideas, as long as it within my guidelines. Please PM me for suggestions.

Swatches
The colors in the numbered swatch below can be used for text, background, and logo color. Don't see the color you want? Just tell me the html notation, and I'll use whatever color you want. I would also like to state that I am not responsible for any ugle color schemes. Be sure of you colors before you order.

User Image
Business cards

Business cards are important in getting yourself recognized as a professional. Business cards will include name, contact information, a graphic, and your business/title. All business will be made in the standard 2.5x3 inch format, unless specified. If you provide the image, please only provide one that you created. Any items ordered with images you do not own will be ignored and removed from cue. Do this twice, and you will never be allowed to order from me again. The formats are:

Gaia shop card

User Image
User Image

Personal gaia card

User Image

Personal card

User Image
User Image

Price:1k w/user provided image, 2k w/out.

Menus

Own a Gaia Cafe? want to stand out from the rest? Show off your art with a real menu! Menus will include a graphic of the item, flavors (colors), and a brief description.

Price:1k per page

Logos

Every business, big and small, needs a logo. Brand recognition is important. Great for link-in buttons and bumping services.

Price:750g w/sign, 500g w/out

Signs

Like logos, but with a brief mission statement, or a tag-line. Also great for bumping services. I can format the size of your sign to fit any need, from small signature signs to page headers.

Price:750g w/logo, 500g w/out

Specials

New! Starving Artist special.

Includes one Gaia Personal Business Card, one Personal Business Card, and one Logo.
Price: 1.5k

More to be added soon

/welcome and why/updates and faq/what I offer/suggestions/wait list and order form/finished works/links in and out/love love list/
Suggestions

Any suggestions I get that are up for consideration will go here

Slots and Wait list

Slots:
1 Open
2 Open
3 Open
4 Open

Wait list

Order Forms

Gaia Shop Card
[b]Hi! I want a Gaia Shop Card![/b]
[b]I work for/own[/b]: shop name
[b]We can be found at[/b]:url
[b]I am a[/b]: title
[b]This is for[/b]: username
[b]I'd like the graphic to be[/b]: link or description
[b]My preferred link is[/b]Tiny url link to your profile.

Personal Gaia Card
[b]Hi! I want a Personal Gaia Card![/b]
[b]I am a[/b]: services offered
[b]See my work at[/b]: portfolio url
[b]You can contact me at[/b]: contact info, optional
[b]I'd like the graphic to be[/b]: link or description

Personal Card

PM Personal Card orders to protect privacy.

Menus
[b]Hi! I want to order a menu![/b]
[b]I own[/b]:shop url
[b]We sell yummy[/b]: download-able pic of items of items, sample pic ok
[b]Our menu is[/b]: Small (1 page) Medium (2 pages) Large (3 pages) HUGE (enter number of pages)

Once I have put you request into an open slot, PM me a description for each item.

Logos/Signs
[b]Hi! I want to order a Logo[/b]
[b][b]I own[/b]:shop url
I would like a[/b]: Logo, sign, or both
[b]I'd like it to look like[/b]: image or description
[b]I'd like the sign/logo to be[/b]: size of sign/logo, approx. or exact

Finished Works

Finished works will go here.

Links In and Out

Coming soon!

Love Love List

This is reserved for great customers and friends of the shop.

no one cares
Korn Ninja Seven
header

info

index
Reserved for future use
Reserved for future use
Reserved for future use
Reserved for future use
Reserved for future use
Reserved for future use

Quick Reply