Welcome to Gaia! ::

Question: Dose that mean that people are intittled to sell dream avies made by Tek-Tek by making them in the way people request then sell them, Or is that not prohibited??
I had a minishop that was deleted because it somehow violated these rules. Yet, I didn't really break those rules. I wasn't selling those images. I was provided an example of my edditing skills. They were not for sale, they were for an example and nothing more.
question:

What if I use images only for a pastime? Consider, saying I make sigs for myself and others only for a hobby. I make them but for free, not to intenionally earn gold, but because it just grew to be a hobby of mine to do them...

(example is my sig of a manga version of Kairi from Kingdom Hearts 1 I got from the internet)

Is that considered as rule breaking? sad

Aged Hoarder

N I G H T B R E E D
I had a minishop that was deleted because it somehow violated these rules. Yet, I didn't really break those rules. I wasn't selling those images. I was provided an example of my edditing skills. They were not for sale, they were for an example and nothing more.

Then you need to specifically state that these are merely samples of ones you've done for free, but then state that anything you're commisioned to do will be with stock art and not someone else's.

Aged Hoarder

ying fa18
question:

What if I use images only for a pastime? Consider, saying I make sigs for myself and others only for a hobby. I make them but for free, not to intenionally earn gold, but because it just grew to be a hobby of mine to do them...

(example is my sig of a manga version of Kairi from Kingdom Hearts 1 I got from the internet)

Is that considered as rule breaking? sad

Nope. It's only breaking the rules if you sell them. You can give them away without problem.
I want to open a theme "shop" as a hobby.
I'd make the themes for free, but encourage donations.

Would that be okay?

Ruthless Fairy

10,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
Um say if you broke one of the rules how long would your account be banned for if it was a frist time thing?
My Question is... If people aren't using real money just "Gaia gold" Why is it that the copy right is in place?
Angel387
My Question is... If people aren't using real money just "Gaia gold" Why is it that the copy right is in place?
That's true, I understand if there art belongs to someone who goes on gaia, but pictures on google and things like that. Were not stealing were just using!
I get that sprites made by others aren't allowed..

But what about edited sprites? Like an edited Megaman sprite?
Princess Melani
Angel387
That's true, I understand if there art belongs to someone who goes on gaia, but pictures on google and things like that. Were not stealing were just using!

Actually, it's still illegal. Fan art is technically illegal. No one cares much about it usually, though. (Not trying to say the rules set in this topic are stupid or anything, not by any means.)
Lady_Rose25
Um say if you broke one of the rules how long would your account be banned for if it was a frist time thing?
stare being banned will be the least of your worries after, you see a law suit from a multi-million dollar corporation sweatdrop

Ruthless Fairy

10,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
Jersey DareDevil
Lady_Rose25
stare being banned will be the least of your worries after, you see a law suit from a multi-million dollar corporation sweatdrop
Yeah right. My fokes did that whole scare to me it doesn't work.
Are you allowed to use Gaia Online Images? I'm confused...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff