Total Votes:[ 213 ]
<<< << < 1 2 ... 447 448 449 450 ... 451 452 453 > »|

Dapper Phantom

Dapper Phantom

Dapper Phantom

Familiar Player

/yawns

I dun get it Etzy

I seen some people willing to pay for millions for literally, no talent things while your shop starts to develop cob webs....

I could care less personally because if I -really- wanted gold, I'll just do art but, it gets to me that I see people fawn over badly rendered images that cost an arm and a leg.

Don't you get frustrated?

Dapper Phantom

Sora Icefreeze
Haha, I do. But it could be because I charge pretty expensive and may take pretty long to finish an order.
But as you said, I don't get why people paying millions for ultra simple graphics. ; _ ; Not that I mind much, tbh, since I'm hardly here anymore.

That's why sometimes I resolve to doing auctions knowing that people would actually bid there. xD;

Familiar Player

Etzlenos Belliveau

biggrin I saw! Nice to see you breached 1mil so soon. I was hoping to do an art and profile auction in a month so your profile auction gave me hope that it could succeed XD

But yar... in a way it doesn't matter where people go for their needs, but there are people who seriously overcharge for the quality given.

Dapper Phantom

Sora Icefreeze
I just got ABed * u *
Haha, I'm sure yours would soar. Whenever art is involved, a profile that comes with it tend to be a plus point for the bidders.

Yeah, I actually miss some of the old PGers, the ones that actually design really good graphics back in the years.

Familiar Player

Etzlenos Belliveau
Sora Icefreeze
I just got ABed * u *
Haha, I'm sure yours would soar. Whenever art is involved, a profile that comes with it tend to be a plus point for the bidders.

Yeah, I actually miss some of the old PGers, the ones that actually design really good graphics back in the years.

Dayum!! 2mil AB~

Familiar Player

Etzlenos Belliveau
Sora Icefreeze
I just got ABed * u *

Dayum!! 2mil AB~ Congrats girly ;3 You got your work cut out though by the looks of it. I saw the request.

Ewa and I finished a 2mil profile order. Let me tell ya, the graphics portion was no walk in the park. It was a real challenge to remain within PG-13 guidelines AND respond to the payer's wishes. Completely had to redo the profile graphics a few times.

I know what you mean... I used to see these graphic artists that did such gorgeous renderings... now I only see you and maybe 1-2 people who do things at 75% of what those who aren't here at the time could do. So sad... lost my inspiration there.

Dapper Phantom

Sora Icefreeze

Hahaha, yeap. Waiting for her PM for the rest of the details and I'd probably start working on it today while I'm still on my break.

Ah, why PG-13 though? The image you were given to work with, I presume?
But I'm sure it turned out good in the end. c; I think I've only came across one difficult order, and that wasn't even an auction piece. One of the regular orders. I was so gung ho in wanting to try out something new that it got pretty tedious to work with. ;d

Yup. Even the good ones, they just stay within the RP grounds.
Though I don't really like the RPs in Gaia anymore, some of the graphics there are still gorgeous.

Familiar Player

Etzlenos Belliveau
Sora Icefreeze

Hahaha, yeap. Waiting for her PM for the rest of the details and I'd probably start working on it today while I'm still on my break.

Ah, why PG-13 though? The image you were given to work with, I presume?
But I'm sure it turned out good in the end. c; I think I've only came across one difficult order, and that wasn't even an auction piece. One of the regular orders. I was so gung ho in wanting to try out something new that it got pretty tedious to work with. ;d

Yup. Even the good ones, they just stay within the RP grounds.
Though I don't really like the RPs in Gaia anymore, some of the graphics there are still gorgeous.

There are more details?? XD I took a look at it and I'm like " cat_surprised uu, that be a doozy." At least you have guidelines though. When people pay you big and have an clear image of what they want, things go smoothly if they actually TELL you what they want. Otherwise, you're playing a hot and cold game with the graphics, which each change/layout getting closer or further away from their imagination.

Sometimes I wish the people who pay me just give me loose guidelines then step back and let me drive. I do my best when given near absolute freedom and good images to work with. >< The ones where I have orders like "Must be THIS size in EXACTLY these colors with these images ONLY" turn out to be bleh works...

Do you ever come across that trouble?

And I had the privledge of working with someone my own age (around 21-25 range) and so the theme was more for the mature audience. MY challenge was making it presentable to the pg-13 range and still fulfill the order.

This was the result!

I have photobucket pro but it still sorta warped the image :/ Makes me sad a little. I'm debating on just getting a webhosting service for things.

Dapper Phantom

Sora Icefreeze
Nothing big, like what text she wants on the profile, what sections, all that.

YES. I got this order once, a thread layout set, she gave me the 'artistic freedom' to do whatever I wanted, but when I gave her the first WIP, she literally changed the entire graphic concept I did. o n o
I think that was the only order where I was at the brink of actually wanting to cancel the trade altogether but in the last wip (probably the 6th or 7th wip), she said 'OKAY. No more changes'.

Tbh, I do better designs and graphics for myself. It may be because I have the entire idea in my head and I just go with what I think is best. But for commissions, I can never read their mind, so it turns out not as well.

Ahh, it didn't turn out so bad. One weakness of mine is that I can never pull off a good brushwork. I rely a great deal on stocks, textures and patterns. ._.

Familiar Player

Etzlenos Belliveau

XD Aaahh, so basically info that you need before you can start since you'll need to keep in mind all the spacing and what not.

Omg, I've had like one person do that with me on a thread layout but thankfully it was just sizing issue. I never had to give THAT many wips. I hope you were paid well for that. It's annoying when you are paid peanuts and the customer is super picky. I just don't give wips. I'll give you the first post's large banner as a "wip" like thing to give you an idea of how the feel of the rest of the thread would be. So far I've turned down 2 orders because the customer didn't specify what they wanted when they placed the order. I don't have time to redo so I just politely decline. At a certain point, if the gold isn't worth it, I'm not spending me time on it. '-' I'm not a middle school or highschool student where I have oodles of time anymore.

And I agree, self graphics are nice because you can do literally ANYTHING. On the other hand, it's also hard because you can do literally EVERYTHING so you're a bit lost in the beginning. ; ; It's how my shop still hasn't gone through a revamp.... I just can't settle on a layout.

I have the same weakness. I used to be able to do brushwork way back before Gaia even started. Now I've gotten so used to brushes and textures that it's hard to smudge and brush. Now I do the "stamp" brushes with textures and patterns >< So unoriginal >.>;;;
Etzlenos Belliveau

Hey boo, is there anyway you could do a thread lyt for me and finish it before Sat?

Sparkly Genius

7,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Etzlenos Belliveau

User Image

Username: luckiicloverr
Images:No images needed, just brush, texture, and text effects are fine.
Main Header:Archangel a quest thread
Sub header:About, Questing, Donators, Completed Avatars, Link Share
Miscellaneous: 1 divided, affiliate button
Colours: Use here
Coding:Yes coding. Coding such as you have set up is completely fine. I don't need something overly extravagant, just elegant, and simple
Others:Anything you wish to add?
Bribe300K
DeadlineJust within a week

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out