Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3

+1 1 100.0% [ 289 ]
Total Votes:[ 289 ]
< 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 24 25 > >>

Ruthless Conversationalist

Elindranyth

Yeah, the thing with the permission is that I'm not allowed to profit off art other people made unless they're ok with it. That comment doesn't say anything about "you can have someone make a profile with that art"

Unfortunately, they aren't active on Gaia anymore; I'll see what I can do, but I doubt I'll get any response.

Would there be a way to put it in a section, and have it work, perhaps? That way it isn't part of the profile itself? I don't know. Anyway, I'm sorry if I've wasted your time. sweatdrop

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100
GoIdfinch
Elindranyth

Yeah, the thing with the permission is that I'm not allowed to profit off art other people made unless they're ok with it. That comment doesn't say anything about "you can have someone make a profile with that art"

Unfortunately, they aren't active on Gaia anymore; I'll see what I can do, but I doubt I'll get any response.

Would there be a way to put it in a section, and have it work, perhaps? That way it isn't part of the profile itself? I don't know. Anyway, I'm sorry if I've wasted your time. sweatdrop

You know, that's a good work around xd Where I would put the art in that style of profile, you could easily just stick the art in a custom content box in that particular column. And then at a later date if you wanted to change out the art, you could do so, though the design might not work as well xd

In order for me to code your profile correctly, can you switch your profile from the "classic" style to the "current" style (you can change it on this page), and then from there, whatever content you want in the big left section goes in column 1, any content you want in the small right section goes in column 2 (you can stick your art in a custom content box at the top of that column), and then whatever you want in the big footer at the bottom goes into column 3. I'll code it out from there smile

Elindranyth

You know, that's a good work around xd Where I would put the art in that style of profile, you could easily just stick the art in a custom content box in that particular column. And then at a later date if you wanted to change out the art, you could do so, though the design might not work as well xd

In order for me to code your profile correctly, can you switch your profile from the "classic" style to the "current" style (you can change it on this page), and then from there, whatever content you want in the big left section goes in column 1, any content you want in the small right section goes in column 2 (you can stick your art in a custom content box at the top of that column), and then whatever you want in the big footer at the bottom goes into column 3. I'll code it out from there smile

Should the theme be set as classic or as custom at this point?

Fluffy Trash

Elindranyth

HEY LOOK, I WANT A PROFILE
Style: #4
Art I'd like used: http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/pkgh/1374941595kinuiko_buddie_s.jpg
Permission given: http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/pkgh/permission.png
Colors I'd like used: Orange/Grey? if not use any colors you want that fit the image ^w^
Preferred font: Whatever fits. I'm not picky with fonts. rofl

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100
GoIdfinch
Elindranyth

Should the theme be set as classic or as custom at this point?

Once you choose current, it should be fine no matter what smile It looks right to me biggrin

Elindranyth

Once you choose current, it should be fine no matter what smile It looks right to me biggrin

Alright, I think it's good? I hope I didn't misunderstand, or anything.
And I imagine I'll have to make the image transparent?

(Thanks for your patience, by the way; I'm totally derping my way through this)

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100
GoIdfinch
Elindranyth

Alright, I think it's good? I hope I didn't misunderstand, or anything.
And I imagine I'll have to make the image transparent?

(Thanks for your patience, by the way; I'm totally derping my way through this)

Everything looks good smile

here's what I've got. It's been coded in a way so that if you want to move around which content is in which column, it'll still work fine. However, I coded that one box with the image in it special. If you want to change the image, you'll want to edit the content of the box itself, if you delete the box and put a new one in, it'll lose the coding I did on it to make the header not show up.

If you want any changes, let me know. If you're happy with it as is, I'll send you the code and we'll complete the trade biggrin

Elindranyth

here's what I've got. It's been coded in a way so that if you want to move around which content is in which column, it'll still work fine. However, I coded that one box with the image in it special. If you want to change the image, you'll want to edit the content of the box itself, if you delete the box and put a new one in, it'll lose the coding I did on it to make the header not show up.

If you want any changes, let me know. If you're happy with it as is, I'll send you the code and we'll complete the trade biggrin

It looks so nice. emotion_kirakira

I'm just wondering, would it be possible to have the contact changed to icon buttons? And perhaps change the background (behind the columns and sections and whatnot) to a light beige/ sand color?

(Sorry, I know I'm being specific; I promise I'll tip to compensate for all the little changes. emotion_facepalm )

EDIT: Oh, one last thing (sorrysorrysorry); I think it might look better if Equipped list were moved down to just above where the wishlist is. I like what you did with the white strip, and I think it kind of ruins the line of it.

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100
GoIdfinch
Elindranyth

It looks so nice. emotion_kirakira

I'm just wondering, would it be possible to have the contact changed to icon buttons? And perhaps change the background (behind the columns and sections and whatnot) to a light beige/ sand color?

(Sorry, I know I'm being specific; I promise I'll tip to compensate for all the little changes. emotion_facepalm )

EDIT: Oh, one last thing (sorrysorrysorry); I think it might look better if Equipped list were moved down to just above where the wishlist is. I like what you did with the white strip, and I think it kind of ruins the line of it.

The color I can change.

The contact buttons, unfortunately, aren't easily coded on current style profiles, as they simply don't exist. I know how to do them, but it's a finicky process on both our parts - it'd require some extra coding on my part and it'd require you to do a bit more setup on your side. Since you've already paid more than my asking price I would be willing to do this, I'd just need to walk you through a bit of what you need to do to give me the content to work with.

As for the equipped list, that's one of those boxes you can move around on your end. That isn't anything I coded in, so you can click on "edit my profile" and stick it in whichever column you want. Stuff in column 1 is in the big left tan blocks, stuff in column 2 is in the white column, and stuff in column 3 is in the brown block at the bottom 3nodding

Elindranyth

The color I can change.

The contact buttons, unfortunately, aren't easily coded on current style profiles, as they simply don't exist. I know how to do them, but it's a finicky process on both our parts - it'd require some extra coding on my part and it'd require you to do a bit more setup on your side. Since you've already paid more than my asking price I would be willing to do this, I'd just need to walk you through a bit of what you need to do to give me the content to work with.

As for the equipped list, that's one of those boxes you can move around on your end. That isn't anything I coded in, so you can click on "edit my profile" and stick it in whichever column you want. Stuff in column 1 is in the big left tan blocks, stuff in column 2 is in the white column, and stuff in column 3 is in the brown block at the bottom 3nodding

Oh, I see. I've only ever really had the classic profile, so it's all a bit new to me. sweatdrop

And alright, I'm willing to go through the setup for it. Thanks for being willing to put in the extra bit of effort for them. Is there anything I'd need to do at this point?

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100
Yes.

First though is this color better?

Next, where do you want the buttons to be? I'm thinking in the white column right below the image. Do you want them to be little graphic buttons, or do you want text (I can do text images like here or I can just do regular text)?

The answers to these questions will help me tell you what content boxes you need to put where biggrin

Oh, I was talking the fuzzy-looking area in the back for the color change, to about the color of the turban on my avatar. You've already gone through the trouble once though, you don't have to change it again. Sorry for being unclear. emotion_facepalm

As for the buttons, I was thinking graphic ones in the same color as the art.
I like your suggestion of having them below the art in the white column; that sounds good.

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100
GoIdfinch
Oh, I was talking the fuzzy-looking area in the back for the color change, to about the color of the turban on my avatar. You've already gone through the trouble once though, you don't have to change it again. Sorry for being unclear. emotion_facepalm

As for the buttons, I was thinking graphic ones in the same color as the art.
I like your suggestion of having them below the art in the white column; that sounds good.

OH! No worries, I can change the color again, not a big deal at all xd

Ok so for the buttons.

I need for you to make a custom box for each of the buttons you want. Edit the title of the custom box to what the button is for "trade", "PM", "friend", etc.

In the content of the custom box put the following

[url=URLYOUWANTLINKEDTO].[/url]

So like the "friend" box would be

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/friends/add/7911501/].[/url]

The "trade box" would be
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/bank.php?mode=trade&uid=7911501].[/url]

The PM box would be
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/profile/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=7911501].[/url]

And then if you wanted one or two other links you would do them the same way.

It would end up looking like this
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And then I'll code it so that they're buttons smile

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100
Oh i forgot to mention where to put the boxes. Move them so that they're all right under the custom box for your image smile

Elindranyth

OH! No worries, I can change the color again, not a big deal at all xd

Ok so for the buttons.

I need for you to make a custom box for each of the buttons you want. Edit the title of the custom box to what the button is for "trade", "PM", "friend", etc.

In the content of the custom box put the following

[url=URLYOUWANTLINKEDTO].[/url]

So like the "friend" box would be

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/friends/add/7911501/].[/url]

The "trade box" would be
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/bank.php?mode=trade&uid=7911501].[/url]

The PM box would be
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/profile/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=7911501].[/url]

And then if you wanted one or two other links you would do them the same way.

It would end up looking like this
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And then I'll code it so that they're buttons smile

Okay, I think it's done. It'd be sad if I failed, since you gave me each one. >.<
Thanks for that, by the way. ^.^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces