Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hello everyone!

This was originally posted in the Mini-Shops main forum, but I wanted to report it here too as it affects the Personalized Graphics subforum.

I just wanted to let you know about some pretty big changes that will be coming to the Mini-Shops forums. These rule changes will primarily affect personal signs/pictures that are allowed on Gaia, but will extend to all images posted or transmitted on Gaia.

These rule changes are being made for safety reasons. Gaia is not a place for engaging in sexually explicit content or posting sexually explicit images of oneself. Unfortunately, we have seen numerous reported instances of members' pictures which cross the line from being sexy into being sexually explicit. We do not feel that having members taking explicit pictures of themselves is a safe practice for the Gaia community as a whole. For this reason, we are implementing the following policy changes:
Quote:

Rules and Guidelines for Personalized Images and Signs on Gaia:

1) Requesting, offering, or posting sexually explicit or sexually inappropriate images of yourself or others is not allowed on Gaia.

2) Posting images of yourself wearing only your underwear (the Gaia definition of underwear includes bras) or images in which you are deliberately exposing your underwear, are not allowed on Gaia.

3) Writing sexually provocative messages on your body is not allowed on Gaia. This can include the content of the message, location of message on the body, or both.

4) Gaia staff and moderators will remove images we feel to be inappropriate for Gaia Online. The final decision as to an image's appropriateness will be at the sole discretion of Gaia staff and moderators.

If you feel that an image has been unfairly removed, you may send an email to membertalk at gaiaonline dot com (reformat address before sending). In your email, you should include the following information:
a) A screenshot of or link to the image that was removed.
b) A brief statement as to why you feel the image was removed in error.
c) Copies of any messages you received regarding the removal of the image.

Not to worry - these rules in no way imply that you cannot share things that are sexy, flirty, or fun - even pics of yourself! But there is a difference between sexy and chic and sexually explicit! It's the difference between, for example, a sexy Victoria's Secret runway show or, well, stripping at a strip club! It is the difference between watching the swimsuit competition in a beauty pageant on television and looking at an image of a person who has been caught engaging in some form of sexual activity. One of the scenarios detailed is sexy but appropriate, while other is explicit and inappropriate. It is the explicit scenarios we would like to avoid, which pose safety risks for the community, and which we hope these new image rules will prevent from occurring.

And hey, we know that the great majority of you understand the difference in scenarios described above. In fact, the majority of you fabulous Gaians won't even have your images directly impacted by these changes to the image rules on Gaia. The only way you'll feel the changes is that you will now have more leverage to report content you, the community, believes to be inappropriate and which may pose a safety risk for Gaia.

Along with the changes to acceptable image content, we will be creating a new sub-forum just for sign shops, requests, and contests. This will help keep all your fabulous sign works in one place, making it easier for both sign creators and solicitors to locate the perfect sign for their needs! This forum will be going live tomorrow with the new changes for sign shops.

Thanks for understanding - we hope these new rules are positive for the entire Gaia community! I am going to leave this thread open so please feel free to post your thoughts, ideas, or feedback. Just keep your comments on topic and respectful, which I am sure you all will biggrin

Take care 3nodding
Sisky

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
IMPORTANT NOTE:
Since these rules are a bit of a change for everyone, we want to give you all time to make sure that your sign shops, request threads, and contests contain/request only content that is considered appropriate for Gaia. You have until Friday, April 22nd, 2011 to review your shop/thread to make sure that all personal images and signs being created, sold, or used as entries in a contest meet with the new rule revisions.

Thanks!
Gaia Online Admin Team

7,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ontop of this wonderful event, I want to stress sign makers and people with requests to look at this page as well!
These rules that are located in the GD cover sexually explicit material.
Making sure you keep up with the link in this thread will also help when it comes to questions about what is in the TOS and limits on making signs!

Again- Thank you to the Mods and Users who made this happen!

Lonely Kitten

Thanks for doing something about the signs Sisky xD
I'm glad that they're getting their own SF//are being separated from PG C:
I'm glad you guys are specifying this rule. I just started a sign shop and I am already getting people sending me PMs about making signs that are against these rules.
I also thing that a sub-forum for sign shops will really clean this thread up.
Thank you. x3
I have a question siskataya.
I bought a sig. sign some months ago and I would like to know if it is acceptable before I use it again or request another sign maker to make one like it for me. Would you be be willing to tell me if it s alright to use?
Thank you and those involved in making Gaia a fun place to Rest & Relax.
First page ! >.<
I think this is an awesome idea

7,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
WhippingPost
I have a question siskataya.
I bought a sig. sign some months ago and I would like to know if it is acceptable before I use it again or request another sign maker to make one like it for me. Would you be be willing to tell me if it s alright to use?
Thank you and those involved in making Gaia a fun place to Rest & Relax.
You can always PM a Site Mod about it as well, if needed.
A Site Mod might get back to you faster.
Ask before rushing in with the photo.
This was posted almost 2 months ago, apparently it's been forgotten about.

Survivor

siskataya
User Image

Where is the sub-forum ???
      Why isn't it up yet ???
      I am quite displeased >_>

Invisible Kitten

10,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gaian 50
<3 looking forward to the new signs sub-forum

it will be nice to see sign shops get their own sub-forum,
sign makers definitely don't belong in the personalized graphics whee

5,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
siskataya
When are you exactly gonna put in the subforum?

Dapper Phantom

Hm, I'm not very happy with the fact that it's taking so long for the new subforum to come. There's already a new "Writing Shop" subforum and there's still no split between the PG and signs yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff