Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello! Sit down, have some tea. Now, dear traveler, tell me -- what have you come here for?

the thread layouts! tre chic~ 0.2109375 21.1% [ 243 ]
roleplay graphics, naturally 0.23784722222222 23.8% [ 274 ]
the amazing staff and regulars! 0.044270833333333 4.4% [ 51 ]
buttons, buttons, buttons 0.049479166666667 4.9% [ 57 ]
dolls, bumps, & misc <3 0.078993055555556 7.9% [ 91 ]
the adorable little pets 0.046875 4.7% [ 54 ]
just because it's so lovely here, and so is the tea! 0.33159722222222 33.2% [ 382 ]
Total Votes:[ 1152 ]

Lupine Cub

18,750 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Hero 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image
User Image I am so sorry my sweeties but I need to pour my heart somewhere and I know you will understand... especially you my sweet Poe...

last week my cousin, a nurse, took my grandma to the nursing home she has/works in. With the help of my mom and one of my aunts they were able to convince my grandma to go. My granny is unfortunately very old, isn't able to recognise most of the grandchildren, is forgeting everyone and she trully needed to have assistante 24/7.

We were already trying to convince her for the past year but she was resisting. After finally being able to take her for my cousin's facilities, my cousin wanted to check if everything was ok with her and with her body and went to the doctor get a checkup. Unfortunately the tests and examinations showed that my granny had to go to the hospital because she has various infections and tumors inside her and if it wasn't for my cousin we would never knew that.

Since friday my granny is in the hospital trying to fight everything but the doctors already told us that she can't go into treatments due to her age and poor health, it would be very painful to her.. So since sunday, all of my familly, aunts, uncles, cousins and grandchildren have been visiting granny in the hospital to say goodbye to her... to hug her one last time... to kiss her and show her we love her...

My sister already said her goodbyes, my mom is going to try to say her goodbyes tomorrow or wednesday... my brother... well he isn't going to the hospital... he said to my mom that he doesn't want to remember granny all tubed and hurting.. and I... trully don't know what to do...

I remember my great-aunt last days in the hospital, I remember feeling hurt and sad for seeing her all tubed... That is how I remember her and I don't want to remember my granny like that either... I know that my mom really wants that my brother and I go say goodbye to granny but I don't feel I can do it...

I don't know what to do... I can't stop crying tonight... please tell me what you think...

Widow

Winter Seeker

14,300 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Magical Girl 50
SmLuth_Nallum

Oh, gosh. That's...that's just awful. Truly awful. I am so, so sorry for
what's happening to you right now. Two things: One, we will all be here
for you, whenever you need us. Two, everything will, in some time, be
alright. Not right now, but it will be alright again and you won't be so
heartbroken. Your grandmother lived a good life, and she has so many
children and grandchildren to show for it.

As for what you should do. If your grandma doesn't know you, or
won't be aware one way or another if you've come to see her, that
means: you are the only one who will know, and it's ultimately what
you want to do that matters most. You've just got to decide if it matters
more to see her off one last time, or preserve her memory. Your mom is
a wonderful lady, and I'm sure she understands.

I wish you didn't hurt. I'm sorry this is happening. It will, absolutely
get better and she will move on to a better place. Just know that
everyone here understands and supports whatever decision you
make, and I'm sure your mom does, too.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

SmLuth_Nallum's Buttercup

Everyday Garbage

My dear wife, I am so sorry this is happening.
I do fully understand. While I was able to go to the hospital despite my papas shape you need to do what it is that feels right for you. Just like my brother, your brother has decided to say his goodbyes without going to the hospital. It's easier to remember the person in the way they were. Only you can make this choice. I promised my papa I'd stay by his side always like he did mine, but I think if it'd be easier for you to just send your goodbyes without going to the hospital that it is okay to.
I'm here for you, all of you. These are scary times when stuff like this happens.

Divine Bloodsucker

14,100 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
There's not much more I can add to Pax and Poe's wonderful thoughts. Like Poe,
I think I'd be able to look past those conditions to see my loved one, but everybody's
mind works differently. You need to really look into your heart for what's best for
you, whether it be to say your goodbyes from a distance or visit her alone, with
someone, or while she's sleeping. Even though your grandma is not what she used
to be, her love for you is still within her and always will be. When everything is said
and done and she's safely passed into the afterlife, she will understand any decision
that you make and watch over you.

I'm so sorry that this is happening to your grandma, your family, and to you. Whether
it's for a hug, a shoulder to cry on, or simply to talk, we're always here for you, Gusa.
emotion_hug

Dangerous Survivor

SmLuth_Nallum

We'll be here for you no matter what, hun. Don't be afraid, whatever you choose <3

Lupine Cub

18,750 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Hero 100
  • Survivor 150
UnrisenPhoenix
Lady Hellraiser
Poe-tae-toee
Pax Britannica

User Image
User Imagefirst of all let me just say that it is in these hard times that you see who are your true friends. You truly are my family and Tiago's family (although he doesn't have a gaia account he always sees what I post and sometimes helps with my posts) emotion_bigheart emotion_hug

You are the most sweet, suporting, huge and loving friends anyone could have. Thank you for the bottom of my heart emotion_bigheart emotion_hug

I spoke with my mom again, and last night talked to Tiago about the whole situation. My mom told me that she would support me in whatever decision I would make. Tiago on the other hand adcived me to go see my granny because if I don't go say goodbye he feels that I will regret no doing it.

To help the whole situation, I was just informed yesterday by my dad that I have to go Germany next week (whole week) on work and after knowing that I decided that I will go to the hospital before the trip and say goodbye to my granny, hug her, kiss her and tell her that I love her...

I don't know if she is going to pass away this week or the next and in case that happens while I am in Germany I want to have in my heart the knowledge that I said my goodbyes to her. My brother also decided to go see her and so we are both going together tomorrow to the hospital (we neither wanted to go alone to see her)...

I love you all my sweet and dear friends emotion_bigheart emotion_hug

Dangerous Survivor

SmLuth_Nallum

It sounds to me like you're making the right choice for you,
            and I'm so glad. I hope it goes really well for you, and we'll
            be here for you <3
User Image
Username: Lunazurel
What are you ordering?: Tall Thread Layout
Pictures: x
Color Scheme: maybe blues, purples or whatever you think would look good
General Theme: mysterious
Text: main graphic: Milky Way Charity, sub-heads: Donations, Rules, Games/Contests, Events, Links, About us
Rush order?: no
Details?:try to make the text stand out a little/more noticeable and the graphics not too cluttered and even though the charity is called milky way, I would like it to not have any planets on it, thank you
Gold offered: Through the Hare Portrait + Battina's Lace

Dangerous Survivor

Lunazurel

I'm sorry dear but you'll have to offer something else -
            Pax already has a couple Runcible Spoons, and Battina's
            Lace is a bit low-priced for a thread order. Sorry! <3
UnrisenPhoenix

Lunazurel

I'm sorry dear but you'll have to offer something else -
            Pax already has a couple Runcible Spoons, and Battina's
            Lace is a bit low-priced for a thread order. Sorry! <3

umm... how about
Battina's Lace + Red's Nobody + 2 billion?
sorry, this is my first time buying graphics and I have no idea how much to offer gonk

Dangerous Sex Symbol

15,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Lunazurel
sorry, this is my first time buying graphics and I have no idea how much to offer gonk

Try looking at Pax's wishlist. If you don't have any of these items then you could pm Pax about a rlc. When it comes to quality, Pax is the best there is.
ok lets try this again

Offer: Through the Hare Portrait

Hilarious Conversationalist

Hi friends!

I was wondering (because I get really excited about things) about where we were on the making of the rush order I made a month ago. I get a bit too curious for my own good >u< Plus I'm just getting more and more excited for the idea and all.

Yes yes! Besides that how is everyone? o: For me I've been busy, hella job surfing, and I got hit by ALL THE SNOW X>X halp I don't want to dig myself out anymore.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff