Welcome to Gaia! ::

I thought it might be fun to share some of the things we consider must haves for rehearsals/performances!

I always have the basics (script, pencil, notebook if it's a script I can't write in), but I also have discovered a few other useful things to have. I always keep a pack of mints nearby. Also bobby-pins and hair elastics are always useful. I also like to keep a spare rehearsal appropriate outfit in my bag just in case.

What about you guys? What things have you found useful to keep around?
Great question!

I always have a pencil- I've gotten in trouble one time to many for not having one! A water bottle is always nice, especially during musical rehearsals (for singing and dancing.) Other than that, I don't bring a lot so that I don't get distracted. Unless it's like cue-to-cue, in which case it's fair game smile
usually my dance bag which has a lot of unnecesary things, like left over flyers from previous productions and random things in it. but in general:

Scripts
Writing utensils
appropriate shoes Tap, jazz, character
notebook
extra t-shirts and shorts
snack for breaks.

during performance I like to bring and leave everything at the theater (if possible) and I usually have

cough drops
extra phone charger
travel make up bag
extra mic tape
apropriate underwear. lol.
Well, the script always, even if we are in the full run of the show and way off book. Haha. Uhm, hair ties, bobby pins, pencil... I guess this has all been said!
Oh, all my Ben Nye makeup and deodorant if I remember to bring an extra stick. Usually I just bring my whole backpack and whatever is in it (usually a snack, lotion,etc.).

Beloved Hero

12,615 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Millionaire 200
My bag always contains:
Water Bottle
Script
Notepad
Pen, Pencil, Highlighter
Hair tie case (bobby pins and elastics)
Sports Bra
Small blanket
Ballet shoes or Jazz shoes, and or Character shoes
Nutella
Tooth Brush and Tooth Paste
Deodorant

Newbie Member

1,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
usually my dance bag which has a lot of unnecesary things, like left over flyers from previous productions and random things in it. but in general:

Scripts
Writing utensils
appropriate shoes
notebook
extra t-shirts and shorts
snack for breaks.

Beloved Bloodsucker

Travel size Hairspray,my drafts(shorts and top),Vaseline for blisters,a cup or water bottle,Water flavoring(the sugar based kind,kinda like Koolaid)*,hairties,spare black eyeliners!Cheap ones!We always get our FRICKIN EYELINERS STOLEN!!
Script and pencil, of course. Sometimes a highlighter if it's my script to keep. I'll also keep a water bottle with me along with hair ties and clips to pull my hair back if I get too hot. Sometimes I'll bring snacks if the rehearsals are expected to be longer than normal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff