Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Lover

Tamgerine
Whenever I wear stage makeup I break out horribly. It happens to everyone else in the cast, too. Does anyone know anything to help with this?

Use medicated make up. It's a bit mor expensive but.. yeah

To get off make up that refuses to come off use baby oil.
Sotalean
Tamgerine
Whenever I wear stage makeup I break out horribly. It happens to everyone else in the cast, too. Does anyone know anything to help with this?

Cold cream can work better. Pond's cold cream. Good stuff.

If you do use baby oil, make sure to get all of the baby oil off of your face, as that can be blemish forming ("comedogenic" is the technical term). You can get baby oil off using warm water and a washcloth. Don't scrub; you can just hold the washcloth on it and move it around a little. After washing your face, always use a face-approved (or "non-comedogenic"; it should say that right on the bottle somewhere) moisturizer.
Tamgerine

if everyone is getting it, I would aggree with most everyone here, it's an infection from microbes.

Even if they new aplicators for each person, they can dip that same aplicator back into the make up a couple of times.

The make up artist should use a sheet of foil for each person. scoop out make up onto the foil for that person.

Shameless Lover

The Lisa Faerie
Sotalean
Tamgerine

Cold cream can work better. Pond's cold cream. Good stuff.

If you do use baby oil, make sure to get all of the baby oil off of your face, as that can be blemish forming ("comedogenic" is the technical term). You can get baby oil off using warm water and a washcloth. Don't scrub; you can just hold the washcloth on it and move it around a little. After washing your face, always use a face-approved (or "non-comedogenic"; it should say that right on the bottle somewhere) moisturizer.

Well yes
But there are some creams that you use for stage that are water based and the oil pulls it off nicely. Normally you don't have the baby oil on your face long enough to form blemishs
Simple answer - nonporous makeup caked on + sweat from dancing and the hot lights = Zits ---- The best thing I've found out to do is the first chance you get wash your face with soap and then generously apply a spot cream. I've been in the business for 10 years and that's the best results I've had

Shameless Lover

Arianejaune
Simple answer - nonporous makeup caked on + sweat from dancing and the hot lights = Zits ---- The best thing I've found out to do is the first chance you get wash your face with soap and then generously apply a spot cream. I've been in the business for 10 years and that's the best results I've had

Putting on too much spot cream will mix with the makeup and adsorb into you skin. It's not very healthy.

You need an oil based make up remover for water based make up and a water based remover for oil based make up. It allows neither to absorbe into the skin. Also try putting on moisturizer before hand. This clogs your pores and keeps the makeup on the surface.

I've been doing professional theatre for 6 years. That's advice from the make up artists that they gave me.
Tamgerine
sounds like someone is buying bad makeup for the cast. try all going to buy the makeup and try it before you go out on stage. or maybe its just that u all have allergies to that brand. ether way, tell who ever is buying the makeup and make them change it. biggrin

Shameless Lover

Note Sorry... >.< I keep forgeting stuff!
You're supposed to have you own collection of make up in theatre. It's not considered sanitary to use make up that's 'for the cast'. Unless tehr is make up tat is needed specifically for that character that isn't considered basic make up then the show will supply it.
you may be surprised but use baby wipes to remove the makeup after the show, it may not be the makeup it may be the removal prosses that is giving you the acne brakeout.
try putting on Noxema before you put on the stage makeup. Crazy, I know, but it always works for me. Plus it makes it easier to get the makeup off when you're done. I guess its cause it keeps the makeup from getting into your pores.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff