Welcome to Gaia! ::

Whether it be "Hurray! You just got the part in the play!" or "Oh darn... well, better luck next time!" this is the place you can make your audition announcements and the results, either good or bad... or any other performing arts related announcement.

Auditions
School Auditions
Solos
Theater Performances
Recitals
Concerts
The sky is the limit!

Peers... feel free to offer up your congratulations or sympathies to your fellow performers. They did their best... cheer them on!
heart YAY!! First one to congratulate myself!!! I get to be a pirate in the play "Pirates of Penzance"!!! I was hoping so hard to get this part!!! *Does a dance* Not only that, but my boyfriend gets to be a pirate too so I get to see him at rehersals a lot!!! (This is nice cuz he lives about 20 minutes away and goes to a different school than me...) The only sad part is that I have to miss about three weeks worth of rehersals because of family vacations and stuff... crying *Sobs* But I'll live...=^_^=
Wow..three weeks of rehersals? I would die of unprepared-ness. I got the part I wanted (about 3 weeks ago) as Max in the Sound of Music. I just had my cast's (there are 4...with so many children..*twitch*) dress rehersal and everyone said I did really great and they wanted me as their Max. It was sooo cool!!! *squeals* Well, my opening night is Sunday, so wish me...um...bad luck I suppose. sweatdrop

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
We finished Oliver! The Musical recently and it was my first part since 8th grade, gonk I was so tired of Tech. I wanted to Act! And I did! I was a minor character, but better than alot of people. I had four Parts, 2 little boys, a woman and a man. But one Little boy was a Character with a name. I actually got a seperate bow than the chorus! I was Charley Bates! scream and I pwnzored all them other freshman! I loved rehearsal so much, and I was dry eyed every curtain bow. Until my friend KD, who was a senior, who would go off to college and forget about us started weeping. Now, I've got a pretty strong will when it comes to crying, but she made me break down and start BAWLING. Damn her. D: I miss her......anyway Now its summer. Our next two plays are Noises Off! and Pirates of Penzance Oh joy!
Thsi weekend my drama group performed a series of plays to comemorate WW2 entitled 'We shall remeber them...their memories our voices' and it went very well. I was in 'One in ten' which was about the War effort at home and in particular the 'Bevin boys' who were men who wanted to join the forces but were sent down the mines instead and recived hardly any recognition at the end of the War. I played a floozy character Hannah, who was always in love with a different guy every week. In the end I get married to a guy i'd only known for 2 weeks ^^; Why do i always get those characters.

Anyway after only two full rehersals of the show and someone dropping out of the play two days before the eprformance night, both of our performances went extremely well. I just can't wait to see the photo's now!
Bunny_Rose
heart YAY!! First one to congratulate myself!!! I get to be a pirate in the play "Pirates of Penzance"!!! I was hoping so hard to get this part!!! *Does a dance* Not only that, but my boyfriend gets to be a pirate too so I get to see him at rehersals a lot!!! (This is nice cuz he lives about 20 minutes away and goes to a different school than me...) The only sad part is that I have to miss about three weeks worth of rehersals because of family vacations and stuff... crying *Sobs* But I'll live...=^_^=

That is awesome! I wasn't in Pirates of Penzance, but I WAS in HMS Pinafore, which is pretty much.. well, pretty much the same play. lol.

Break a leg!
Bunny_Rose

Homg I was just a pirate in that play a few months ago! ^_^

Congrats and I hope you have a blast :]
My friends were in that in March-ish. One of them was a pirate/policeman, the other was one of the daughters. They performed with one of the community groups, the Kempenfelt Community Players. It was really well done. Have a blast performing it!

On that note, I'm in a community play this fall. The Tales of Andergrimm. It's a play comissioned by KCP, and it uses three fairy tales (the Ugly Duckling, Hansel and Gretel, and Rumpelstilskin) to demonstrate the importatnce of "character education" to elementary school students.

... It sounds dumb, but it's actually really funny. I get to play the "Mean Duck" (who is really mean), and "Character Ed", who opens and closes the show. Fun fun.

Unfortunately, I didn't get into one of the big plays that they're putting on this year. It's Me and My Girl, and I suspect I didn't get a part (I only tried out for chorus, geez.) because of my age. They wanted women 17 and up, and I'm not 17 until Spetember. Gah!... but, whatever. I'm over it.
While I was away watching a movie the director from The Nerd, a play that is going to be showing rather soon here (September 9), called. Apparently there is an actor shortage and someone recommended me for a rather large part. It's rather short notice, but I have an audition Saturday at 10:00 AM. This is a professional theatre production and I have no clue what to expect.
Grip Tight Stalagmite
While I was away watching a movie the director from The Nerd, a play that is going to be showing rather soon here (September 9), called. Apparently there is an actor shortage and someone recommended me for a rather large part. It's rather short notice, but I have an audition Saturday at 10:00 AM. This is a professional theatre production and I have no clue what to expect.

Really? Good for you!! *claps happily* blaugh

I just got a part in this 40 minute 1 act scottish folk play that is going to be preformed right across the street from my house durring a scottish festival. I get to play a fairy and so do two of my friends. We will rock!
'Kay, well, it was ages ago, but I got to play the part of the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come in our performance of A Christmas Carol last year. It was awesome. So fun... xD
I found out today I got a part in my school's extra-ciricular musical, Return to the Forbidden Planet. I'm the Navigational Officer - It may not be the biggest or bestest part, I"m just really happy I got it! =D *glee*
HermioneG823
Bunny_Rose

That is awesome! I wasn't in Pirates of Penzance, but I WAS in HMS Pinafore, which is pretty much.. well, pretty much the same play. lol.

Break a leg!

Thanks!!! We open 2 weeks from today so anyone anywhere near Forest Grove, Oregon should come and see it!!!

"And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsence Pinafore...And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsence Pinafore...And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsence Pina-Pinafore!"
-I am the very model of a Modern Major General =^_^=
Bunny_Rose
gonk I love that play.
Oh...

I'm gonna read for the role of Ana in a play called "Vincent In Brixton"- I'm a year too young and the wrong look for the part, the director said, but he'll read me anyhow. I really, really want to be in it, but I know I'm not gonna make it...

Wish me luck or broken legs?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces