Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is hard for you?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 17, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.

What are some tips for young actors?
Since I do not only performing arts, but also a ton of writing and visual arts, I do any of the following for getting a mood down or how to deliver lines:

-Write the scene in prose format
-Turn it into a comic strip with expressions and whatnot.
-Rehearse it in front of friends and see what they have to say.

Does the trick for me. biggrin
as an answer to the poll: heh, i only just started taking lessons, but i think crying will be difficult...
I think the best thing I know that has benifitted my Performing Arts, apart the obvious things, has been getting a job at a theatre. You get a lot of valuable experience, in everything imaginable. (I love it so much that I work at two whee plus at APAA!)
my advice is, if at all possible take classes. i don't know what leavel you mean by 'young actors' but if you can find some good acting classes or camps GO! i personaly advise looking into 'the icicle creek yound actors concervaratory camp" in levenworth washington. its has a site if you'd like more info. but its amazing and will help more than you could belive.
advice, well when acting dont break your character. stay in character even if you have forgotten your line or have messed up.

Shameless Lover

There is no definite formula to acting. Everyone has their own style or acting, rehearsing, warming up and so forth.
You can't really ask about techniques on acting because it's far to broad a spectrum.

You can take acting a million different ways.
Methodically
Practically
You can also use the Ojective+Action=Conflict philosophy behind acting.
It's all just how you see it yourself. It's something that everyone needs to discover on their own. You can't be told how to 'act'.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff