Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Fatcat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I have yet to have a roll. I've done some classes, done some auditions but nothing. My biggest problem is a job in my area that won't affect my school work. I'm 13 and I want to do some acting, nothing too big till I'm older but, right now I don't want to move because of my friends and my parent's won't move. I live in Georgia, about an hour from Atlanta, the only big city there. My motivation is low, there aren't may jobs I can do, I get rejected a lot, and I can't/won't move. Should I just stop all this till later?

Invisible Fatcat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
I am in no way an expert. At all.

But you are pretty young. I would join a club if you can? That way you get experience and be in a play or two before you're old enough to do things out of school?

idk though. :L
No, of course not. If all you can do right now is take classes, do it. Talk to the teachers, because I assume they'll be involved with a bigger theater. Do they know of any opportunities?
Get involved with clubs at school. Does your (middle school/high school) have a drama department? That's a great place to get started.

Lonely Sex Symbol

If its what you love keep doing it. And take ALL criticism it might hurt but it will truly help in getting roles

Hygienic Genius

1,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
"As someone previously stated, you are very young. If there is not a club at your school, perhaps you could make one? There is no sense in -ever- giving up on your dreams."

Sparkly Prophet

15,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Don't give up. Do some research because there might possibly be a summer chilrdren's theater. I started out in theater when i was going into sixth grade. And it was with a chilrdens theater group. They usually accept ages up to like 15 or so. (or like eighth grade)
Possibly start your own theater club in school. Talk to some of the teachers and staff, and they would probably be willing to help.
hope this and all these other wonderful comments helped you and your decisions!
...so 'break a leg!' (theater talk for good luck)

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I say, pursue your passion. If you really love acting, then do it! Do what makes you happy. I understand your frustration with not being able to get a role anywhere, but I personally believe the main factor of that is your age. Thirteen is a young, young age and perhaps too young to expect a major or even minor role in something. You may not want to hear this, but patience is KEY. You need to wait a while. Just keep practicing and auditioning and as you get older you'll improve and be available for bigger roles than a thirteen year old can perform at this time. Good luck!

Tipsy Regular

Budgie-Face
I would join a club if you can?

That is exactly what I would say. Join your school's drama or theatre club, take it as an elective, or go out for school productions. Whatever your school offers, do it. You'll get lots of experience, and you should have lots of fun doing it!
I'm pretty much just going to be saying the same thing everyone else is:

If it's your dream, do NOT give up.

Community theatre is a great way to get some starting roles, as well as a school drama club. Listen to critique and work on it.

Also, what kind of roles are you trying to get? If you're aiming for television, you may want to research about getting an agent. If you're just going for the stage, definitely try to find community theatres in your area and start small!

Minor roles, even as extras in background scenes are good! You're breaking into the world of theatre! Create your character, give them personality and interests if they aren't already given.

Keep in mind: you're still really young. I didn't get a good role until well into age 15. Stay confident, chin up, and go all out. Eventually, you will get there, and it's important for you to have background to present on a resume/at an audition.

Hope this helps!
sweatdrop

Rainbow Phantom

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Do school/community drama and stuff.
You should never give up!

OG Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Er, no?
Do you love it?
Does it make you feel amazing when you perform?

Then don't give up. Get involved in things at school or community theatre. Chorus roles aren't horrible to have. Network and show your face to the directors in your community, and if they know your face and name, they will most likely put you in something where they see you fit to be in.

Your too young to stop now.

4,450 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
InvisableMuffins
I have yet to have a roll. I've done some classes, done some auditions but nothing. My biggest problem is a job in my area that won't affect my school work. I'm 13 and I want to do some acting, nothing too big till I'm older but, right now I don't want to move because of my friends and my parent's won't move. I live in Georgia, about an hour from Atlanta, the only big city there. My motivation is low, there aren't may jobs I can do, I get rejected a lot, and I can't/won't move. Should I just stop all this till later?

I know it's probably too late to tell you anything, but I want to tell you my opinion.
You're young, you have a full life ahead of you. If I were you, I'd focus on school and worry about your career later. There will always be jobs out there for you to take, but right now you should focus on school. I go to an arts college in Florida. There are a lot of actors going to school to become better at acting and when they graduate, and get out in the world, they find good jobs. Sometimes it's acting and sometimes it's the "behind the scenes" work, but it's still work in the field that you love. If you get an acting job now, you'll miss out on the best years of your life, your teen years. Trust me, I miss it everyday.

I hope this helps you in anyway.

Hygienic Dabbler

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
I'm sure that EVERYONE has already said this in their own ways, but I'm just gonna reiterate.

You are young. And in time, everything will come together. Unfortunately, theatre is a very difficult business to get into, and you're going to have to learn to take no as an answer until you find something. I would suggest looking into a lot of community theatre in the meantime, and just trying your best to get out there. If directors have seen you more than once then they will start to take notice of you. Another suggestion I have would be to ask yourself why you're doing it. Why you want to act; why you're acting, etc. And if you're truly passionate about it, and truly want it that bad for the right reasons, then something will come along and all of the hard work put into auditions and all of the "no's" will be worth it. I promise.

Long story short, keep working at it. Something will come along eventually =]

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Trader 100
You are still very young!!! Maybe that gets you some rejection? Mostly they want to hire older people (I may be wrong, Im no expert in this).....but you should NEVER give up on your dreams.

NEVER!!!

You are young and if you keep up taking classes and dreaming, you will be a fantastic actress in the future!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff