Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Dabbler

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Alright so I know I'm kinda attention whoring here...but seriously. What do you guys think?

Please excuse the mistakes and such...I was just learning this song sweatdrop

Also...yeah. I sing musical theatre. Cause I do that. And I'm one of those people.

Watch it here!

OG Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Rate your voice on a scale of 1-10? Or ...
I think your purely amazing. It'd be nice to hear you sing something more classic-broadway with more diverse range.

Hygienic Dabbler

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
ll Chibi Kai ll
I think your purely amazing. It'd be nice to hear you sing something more classic-broadway with more diverse range.

Thank you so much!! redface Do you have any suggestions?

OG Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Princess Sleepyface
ll Chibi Kai ll

Well, I mean... I sing operaso the styles are quite different compared to how you use the voice, but for more safe terms.
If you plan on singing any higher, I first would suggest that you take the 'belting' or in other words' chest' voice down a bit and mix some head-voice in there.
It will blend your voice if you do plan on singing higher or lower and make the transition much more pleasant for you and the listener. Also, I love your vowels, and where you sing the consonants, don't be afraid to sing " I" or "E" vowels a little brighter, and with head.
I am always told that when taking voice for opera, and that 'choir-singing' can sometimes be confused. Though, it looks like you are sort-of passed that already.
Also, don't be afraid to use your diaphragm,and sit up maybe a little straighter, unless your standing? You will get alot more support, and though I may be wrong, it looks like you are working a little too hard, well... if you sing like that for a whole show, you would probably have no voice towards the end because your singing with your voice not with your gut.

Bravo!

edit:
And don't forget english diction! Connecting all phrases, and adding shwa's (is htat how its spelt?) emphasize the ends of the words and connect them to the next phrase. English diction is alot of fun, I don't think you'd have a probelm with it!

Hygienic Dabbler

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
ll Chibi Kai ll
Princess Sleepyface
ll Chibi Kai ll

Well, I mean... I sing operaso the styles are quite different compared to how you use the voice, but for more safe terms.
If you plan on singing any higher, I first would suggest that you take the 'belting' or in other words' chest' voice down a bit and mix some head-voice in there.
It will blend your voice if you do plan on singing higher or lower and make the transition much more pleasant for you and the listener. Also, I love your vowels, and where you sing the consonants, don't be afraid to sing " I" or "E" vowels a little brighter, and with head.
I am always told that when taking voice for opera, and that 'choir-singing' can sometimes be confused. Though, it looks like you are sort-of passed that already.
Also, don't be afraid to use your diaphragm,and sit up maybe a little straighter, unless your standing? You will get alot more support, and though I may be wrong, it looks like you are working a little too hard, well... if you sing like that for a whole show, you would probably have no voice towards the end because your singing with your voice not with your gut.

Bravo!

edit:
And don't forget english diction! Connecting all phrases, and adding shwa's (is htat how its spelt?) emphasize the ends of the words and connect them to the next phrase. English diction is alot of fun, I don't think you'd have a probelm with it!

All fantastic feedback, thanks so much. Yeah, I realized that I was definitely slouching quite a bit in this video, and I think the vocal tone was sacrificed a bit because of that. I do sing opera as well (I'm technically classically trained), but I just think musical theatre is so much fun! Thanks again for the awesome feedback.

Quotable Lunatic

oh my god you are really good. You could have a future in singing smile

Rainbow Phantom

7,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
You're extremely talented. emotion_kirakira

Hygienic Dabbler

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Kyabi
oh my god you are really good. You could have a future in singing smile

Ahh thank you so much!! Its what I'm planning on doing with my life so...here's hoping!

Hygienic Dabbler

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Incredibly Awkward
You're extremely talented. emotion_kirakira

Thank you!! heart
Ps...love your avi!! ^^

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Quite nice. Those long sustained parts are very powerful, you've got skill. You said you intend on pursuing this for your career, yes? What steps are you taking to make this happen?

9.2/10
9/10 smile
you have a broadway voice
heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items