Welcome to Gaia! ::

Will you try? Just 16 bars of a song, acapella.

Yes 0.4 40.0% [ 2 ]
I don't know 0.4 40.0% [ 2 ]
There is no option for no for me 0.2 20.0% [ 1 ]
Not sure how I would be able to record or do it. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 5 ]

OG Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
~Audition Info**
Please do not PM me with auditions unless I specifically ask you personally. There will be an opening, a deadline, and call backs--then casting. ( Yes, like a real show) That is--if I get enough people who are interested. If you have a problem with computer recording, then maybe pm, and I don't know I'll try to help you work it out as hard as I can.
Anyways, I'll post a template of what I want your audition to look like, and maybe an example--

~Audition Terms.**

--1.) I want all auditions to be only you, not anyone else. YOU, (unless you have a 'man' doesn't have to be a man, can be a woman/girl/female/boy/guy/male whatever--just a figure of speech. Got someone thats interested but doesn't have a gaia account? then PM me the details and we shall work something out)

--2.) Your audition can either be acapella<=preferred, or with music ( as long as the music is specifically background, with no vocals in it) I need to be able to hear you.

--3.) Your song cannot be from a band, POTO(phantom of the opera), or LND (Love never dies the POTO 'sequel') there are good reasons for this. An aria or broadway piece is a plus, but if you don't exaclty have any of those... or don't know the whole song. Thats okay 16 bars or 30 seconds of something is good enough.
'Happy Birthday'
'Twinkle Twinkle'
Ramble:
Are all good enough. Be loud, clear and you can try an put a twist on it, by singing it like an opera singer, or with an accent. :3 (thats'd be awesome) Just be sure when you do that, you maintain 'that' through the whole audition, keep it consistent unless you purposefully change it. Which is okay in that case.

--4.) You do not have to sing the whole song, just as long as I get about 16 or so bars of singing, and the more you show off your range the better.

--5.) Make sure when you audition, you are in a room alone with no background noises (other family members, and television, radio etc.)

--6.) Please WARM UP your voice before auditioning. I wanna hear you in your prime, and wouldn't you wanna showcase yourself that way too? Simple little warm ups before singing the song is greatly appreciated.
--7.) Don't worry about what program your recording. Vocaroo, youtube, soundcloud, livestream. etc. Whatever works for me to hear you clean clear and concise.

--8.) There may be a chance that I might ask you to rerecord your voice if it doesn't come out clear enough, your sick, background noise. So just be aware, if you want to avoid a second recording, that you make sure your in a good place, at a good time, with a comfortable, healthy, warmed up voice. Not trying to be mean, just practical. :3

A few things to think about when sending me your audition/template--

Voice range/type --(if you don't specifically know your lowest and highest notes, just give me the standard soprano/alto . etc But it helps me if you do know where your limits lie)

Characters-- ( you need to pick 4. 1 being the highest priority, 2 being second. etc)

Username;
Voice range/type?? ;
Character(s) you would like to audition for;
Why did you decide to audition/ like PoTO?;
[[Link/video to your non-band/nonPoTO/LNd song/singing audition WITH the name of the song your going to sing, either in the title or in your recording, and who it is by/where from. :) ]]

~Audition Example**
Quote:

ll chibi kai ll (call me kai for short =P )
Lyric Soprano ( highest note; G# above High C" wink Don't have to be super specific. Voice type is enough.
1. Carlotta
2. Madame giry
3. Christine
4. Raoul (if needed)/ Chorus
Why did you decide to audition/ like PoTO?
Because PoTO was a huge part of my life growing up. I had alot of personal connections to the broadway show, and I love the expression and emotion that goes into the music. My dream is to one day participate in the actual production somewhere. Chorus, lead, cameo. Anything.

Recording Link...O Del Mio Dolce Ardor-Gluck
--Sorry about the music with the vocals, doesn't quite match up because they are two different files. The vocals is recent ,the piano was actually used as a rehearsal method a while ago. This is perfectly acceptable, as long it is you that as singing/auditioning.

Thank you
:3

ADDITIONAL INFO: This " The Phantom of the Opera" will go by the staged version, and if you have not seen it yet--you can very well go on netflix, or youtube and watch a couple clips from the 25th anniversary edition of PoTO... We are going to go by those standards, NOT the 2004 movie. I repeat. Musically, we are using the STAGED version NOT the 2004 MOVIE.

OG Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
** PLEASE READ~~~~IMPORTANT

**RULES/GUIDeLINES FOR THIS THREAD ~

Obviously, this thread is for auditioning purposes ONLY.
So, if you wanna chat-- please go to the original thread
HERE...
Otherwise... you'll get a quote and/or a pm from me.
ALSO

DEADLINE AS OF TODAY IS ; 12/16/2012

The deadline may/may not change depending on the holiday season. It may be extended if requested enough, or shortened if requested enough.
There may be a deadline to those who want to try for a principal role. Chorus will always be accepting up until 12/16/2012 no matter what. So check back to the main thread for updates on whether those dates for principal roles change.

Please plan accordingly, and I urge you to audition now. Don't procrastinate. This is placed far in advance on purpose for those who happen to wander in one day or see my advertisement in another forum. Its so others get a chance to try. Don't wait unless you have to. The sooner the better.

** LE PRETTY AUDITIONS FROM LE PEOPLE OF GAIA~

All of those who have auditioned will be listed here under the date. Just to keep track of things. Don't they all sound so amazing? *O*

**10-23-2012

blackfadedvelvet
blackfadedvelvet (You can call me AJ biggrin )
Alto/Mezzo (though I had a vocal teacher confuse me for a soprano for half a year) If I remember right, I think my high was somewhere around F5. But that was 3 years ago. Not sure if it's the same now.)
1. Meg Giry
2. Madame Giry
3. Ubaldo Piangi (if needed)
4. Any Cameo/Chorus
All through high school I remember sitting in my advanced choir class and singing back and forth with one of the sopranos 'Angel of Music'. While most girls wanted to be Christine, I wanted to be Meg, and so we would find ourselves constantly singing songs from this musical. When I graduated my mom bought tickets to the stage version of this musical and I once again fell in love with it in a whole new light. Ever since then I've wished to be able to perform it. The emotion in every song is just so real.
On My Own - Les Miserables
There is very faint background music, as you will hear. I can rerecord acapella if you would rather. And excuse the part that sounded like I was about to fall over. Dog saw something and ran between my feet and almost tripped me.

Please and Thank you

NOW ENJOY AND SING FOR ME!!!

rofl AUDITIONS OPEN!!! heart

Dapper Gekko

3,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Alto/Mezzo (though I had a vocal teacher confuse me for a soprano for half a year) If I remember right, I think my high was somewhere around F5. But that was 3 years ago. Not sure if it's the same now.)
1. Meg Giry
2. Madame Giry
4. Any Cameo/Chorus
All through high school I remember sitting in my advanced choir class and singing back and forth with one of the sopranos 'Angel of Music'. While most girls wanted to be Christine, I wanted to be Meg, and so we would find ourselves constantly singing songs from this musical. When I graduated my mom bought tickets to the stage version of this musical and I once again fell in love with it in a whole new light. Ever since then I've wished to be able to perform it. The emotion in every song is just so real.
There is very faint background music, as you will hear. I can rerecord acapella if you would rather. And excuse the part that sounded like I was about to fall over. Dog saw something and ran between my feet and almost tripped me.

Hygienic Dabbler

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
blackfadedvelvet
1. Meg Giry
2. Madame Giry
4. Any Cameo/Chorus

Ohh! You have a beautiful voice. I love the warmth in it. Nicely done 3nodding

OG Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Elegy Hymn
blackfadedvelvet
1. Meg Giry
2. Madame Giry
4. Any Cameo/Chorus

Ohh! You have a beautiful voice. I love the warmth in it. Nicely done 3nodding

YAY! and yesshe does!

Hygienic Dabbler

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
I WILL BE AUDITIONING SOON.
I promise.
I just need to find the right song.
And I hate the recording quality of Vocaroo...sooo...I need to find a good mic.
But its coming!
What exactly do you mean by band music? o.o

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Akatsuki-chan
Lyric Mezzo
Characters:
1. Christine
2. Meg Giry
3. Mme Giry
4. Whatever you'd like
Why PotO:
I grew up listening to the soundtrack of PotO and Les Mis, and I was always singing them around the house. I was lucky enough to see both of them on Broadway as birthday presents when I was younger.

I've included two selections - The first is an aria from a Baroque opera (without the recit,) and the second is Stars from Les Mis.
http://soundcloud.com/user22465160/lascia-chio-pianga-recit
http://soundcloud.com/user22465160/stars

EDIT: On second thought, those suck. Have these instead.A clip from Unexpected Song

A russian classical/romantic song

EDITEDIT: Damnit, stop listening to unexpected song before silent night comes in - that wasn't supposed to be on there at all, and it wasnt supposed to save. Stupid soundcloud. >.<

Username: Album

Voice range/type: Contralto

Highest Note: D5
Lowest Note: D3 or C3

Character(s) you would like to audition for:

I have no preference. You can place me where you need me if I am accepted.

Why did you decide to audition/like PoTO?:

I already sort of covered this when we talking in the other thread, but I love musicals so I wanted to participate.

Link:

He's a Tramp - Peggy Lee

I hope that song is acceptable. :]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out