Welcome to Gaia! ::

** 10/23/2012~What do you think of the new banner?

Yes 0.5 50.0% [ 2 ]
Its okay 0.5 50.0% [ 2 ]
I'll make you one!! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Its not good, but its not bad 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
It really sucks, perhaps I can make a better one...(by all means, make one if you think you can do better) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]
< 1 2

Ice-Cold Snowflake

12,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
FYI I am going to audition

OG Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Official Rachel Berry
FYI I am going to audition
Great, I hope to hear you soon.

OG Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
bump

AUDITION PLEASE

OG Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Album
What exactly do you mean by band music? o.o

(All questions audition/wise are supposed to remain in the main forum. Just a little fyi. I will edit it that in a second after I answer your question.)

Anything made by a band that doesn't show off your range... um ( not sure if that makes enough sense)
'Band music'--Is not something a person would sing at a school-district judge rated competition where there are instrumentalists, choirs, ensembles, duets etc Maybe a glee club, or a show choir? But a place where its formal, aria, classical, baroque, or even a broadway song. One exception I'll have, is if there is a band song that was arranged in a way that doesn't have all of the added effects, and synthetic sounds where a person needs to be amplified--like lets say, the ' american idiot' musical, or ... something from queen? or journey?

I've been around gaia forums, and throughout what I've seen with 'singing talent' auditions...people used band music, and when I listened to them out of my own curiosity, it just did not come out right, and I didn't know the song. So it sounded odd without music, and their pitch went down hill . I enjoyed that they picked it because it meant alot to them, and its sentimental, but when you want to audition for something--to me, it is just not appropriate for that, specifically. I've seen people audition at real musicals with pop songs ( I think it was a little boy, and he sang a song from confession of a teenage drama queen xD) I couldn't believe it, and he went off pitch almost immediately. I was glad to know the song, but I don't think the director necessarily knew it.
So yeah.
Band music-- unless there is an ongoing melody(to keep from losing pitch and going flat), its popular(most people heard it), and can be done acapella
I don't know how to take it, but just to ask them to sing something else. Like 'Twinkle, twinkle' or 'happy birthday'

And i know, there are some really kick-a** band songs I would have wanted to audition with back in the day. But thinking about it, it wouldn't make sense to use it, because it was cool because of the added effects and bad a** guitar riffs. It would sound weird without guitars, and drums... and I remember trying to sing something like that acapella once, it was just awkward...
ll Chibi Kai ll
Album

(All questions audition/wise are supposed to remain in the main forum. Just a little fyi. I will edit it that in a second after I answer your question.)

Anything made by a band that doesn't show off your range... um ( not sure if that makes enough sense)
'Band music'--Is not something a person would sing at a school-district judge rated competition where there are instrumentalists, choirs, ensembles, duets etc Maybe a glee club, or a show choir? But a place where its formal, aria, classical, baroque, or even a broadway song. One exception I'll have, is if there is a band song that was arranged in a way that doesn't have all of the added effects, and synthetic sounds where a person needs to be amplified--like lets say, the ' american idiot' musical, or ... something from queen? or journey?

I've been around gaia forums, and throughout what I've seen with 'singing talent' auditions...people used band music, and when I listened to them out of my own curiosity, it just did not come out right, and I didn't know the song. So it sounded odd without music, and their pitch went down hill . I enjoyed that they picked it because it meant alot to them, and its sentimental, but when you want to audition for something--to me, it is just not appropriate for that, specifically. I've seen people audition at real musicals with pop songs ( I think it was a little boy, and he sang a song from confession of a teenage drama queen xD) I couldn't believe it, and he went off pitch almost immediately. I was glad to know the song, but I don't think the director necessarily knew it.
So yeah.
Band music-- unless there is an ongoing melody(to keep from losing pitch and going flat), its popular(most people heard it), and can be done acapella
I don't know how to take it, but just to ask them to sing something else. Like 'Twinkle, twinkle' or 'happy birthday'

And i know, there are some really kick-a** band songs I would have wanted to audition with back in the day. But thinking about it, it wouldn't make sense to use it, because it was cool because of the added effects and bad a** guitar riffs. It would sound weird without guitars, and drums... and I remember trying to sing something like that acapella once, it was just awkward...

Okay. I didn't know whether to post my question here or there so I just took a gamble.

I haven't really participated in school related singing competitions. I mostly sing during my freetime for fun.

Regardless, I think I understand what you mean about band music.

OG Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Album
ll Chibi Kai ll
Album

So yeah.

Okay. I didn't know whether to post my question here or there so I just took a gamble.

I haven't really participated in school related singing competitions. I mostly sing during my freetime for fun.

(Its all good, your fine :3 )
I would be ecstatic if you tried, either way. But 'The phantom of the opera' is more of a choral sound with some slight broadway twists here and there, so if you know anything around that--I say go for it. Depending on what you sing, (if its clear and I can understand) is also how I will decide whether or not to put you as an upper or lower part, so if you like singing soprano/high stuff. Then audition with something that would be high--that shows that. Same with low.
:3 and there is noooooooooo pressure at all.You could even just do a private audition through a pm. I'd just post you for the actual 'show' part.
ll Chibi Kai ll
Album
ll Chibi Kai ll
Album

So yeah.

I would be ecstatic if you tried, either way. But 'The phantom of the opera' is more of a choral sound with some slight broadway twists here and there, so if you know anything around that--I say go for it. Depending on what you sing, (if its clear and I can understand) is also how I will decide whether or not to put you as an upper or lower part, so if you like singing soprano/high stuff. Then audition with something that would be high--that shows that. Same with low.
:3 and there is noooooooooo pressure at all.You could even just do a private audition through a pm. I'd just post you for the actual 'show' part.

Well I'm a contralto so I would be more on the low end than high. I love musicals (hence my initial interest in the thread) and am considering auditioning. I just have to decide on an appropriate song.

OG Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Album
ll Chibi Kai ll
Album
ll Chibi Kai ll
Album

So yeah.

Well I'm a contralto so I would be more on the low end than high. I love musicals (hence my initial interest in the thread) and am considering auditioning. I just have to decide on an appropriate song.

OOOOOOOHAWHAT, a contralto, eh? Well aren't you just the rare species of voices. :3 excited to get something from you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff