Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey guys. I'm pretty desperate right now. I have auditions for Urinetown in a few days and I can't seem to find a song to sing. Help?

I'm still fairly new to the whole musical theater world so I can't give you much detail, but I'm an alto and I can belt a bit. I used to be able to really belt, but I lost my voice for a week and it got screwed up.

More I cannot wish you (guys and Dolls) is a good song for me, just to give you an idea of my ability. I know it isn't much. Also, most alto songs are too high. Let me just say Wicked and Suddenly Seymour DON'T work. I have exhausted Chicago with all my auditions and I need something new. Something comedic would be nice.

I appreciate any help.
Don't know if this is too late, but if you're auditioning for Urinetown as an alto, the role you're probably going to go for is Miss Pennywise. A good song for her would be Master of the House from Les Miserables, starting with Madame Thenardier's verse specifically.
You could try a classic like "The Lady is a Tramp" or if you have a really strong belt "Johnny One Note" is a gooder. Try to avoid Andrew Lloyd Webber though. People in the Theatre industry have heard those songs sooooooo many times that if you're not absolutely flawless, it's more or less a write off.

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
i'm not that girl from wicked is good for any alto but wicked is over done (plus its a sad song) hears a good one from company also if theres a song u love and not in your range gust sing it don a onctive

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
O.O I was in this show when my comunity collage did it (i was queen agrvain) this is a AMAZEING song if u like to belt and if you do it right its hallaius (oh theres a version with out the "hey nony nony is it you" part so it would 100% be a solo)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff