Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Gaian

NataliePatalie
I'm a techie! Yay!

I work in a professional theatre here in town as well as at a college theatre. So basically I have no life.
That's so neat I have a lead to a possible job in theater but alas I have not been able to get contact info yet. I wish I had a job with a theater what is it you do?
Electric Teal Chinchilla
Aethiopica
Next weekend I get to wear a real bow tie and go to a grand opening of a new theater, then pull my carharts out of the car, take off the blazer and hang lights until the wee hours. It's going to be awesome.
That's pretty awesome heart last year during state we wore suspenders and bow ties every night 4laugh

Su-weet!
I wouldn't feel to guilty about neglecting this poor forum.
There are so few of us around these parts. smile

Dapper Gaian

Aethiopica
Electric Teal Chinchilla
Aethiopica
Next weekend I get to wear a real bow tie and go to a grand opening of a new theater, then pull my carharts out of the car, take off the blazer and hang lights until the wee hours. It's going to be awesome.
That's pretty awesome heart last year during state we wore suspenders and bow ties every night 4laugh

Su-weet!
I wouldn't feel to guilty about neglecting this poor forum.
There are so few of us around these parts. smile
I know but I shall now try and work on keeping this alive 4laugh and possible even dare I say grow into having more of us on this thread 4laugh any shows your working on currently? Right now only thing theater related I'm doing is taking intro to theater in college which I probably shouldn't have taken. The reason being I know almost all the material as I took theater 1-4 in HS :]
Electric Teal Chinchilla
NataliePatalie
I'm a techie! Yay!

I work in a professional theatre here in town as well as at a college theatre. So basically I have no life.
That's so neat I have a lead to a possible job in theater but alas I have not been able to get contact info yet. I wish I had a job with a theater what is it you do?

Thanks! No worries you'll get there wink

I kind of do a little of everything. Sometimes I'll be in the booth running lights or sound. Other times I'll be hangin' backstage working flyrail. I used to stage manager for a third theatre I used to work for, but we had some differences so I stopped after a few shows hahah.

Dapper Gaian

NataliePatalie
Electric Teal Chinchilla
NataliePatalie
I'm a techie! Yay!

Thanks! No worries you'll get there wink

I kind of do a little of everything. Sometimes I'll be in the booth running lights or sound. Other times I'll be hangin' backstage working flyrail. I used to stage manager for a third theatre I used to work for, but we had some differences so I stopped after a few shows hahah.
Oh wow thats cool in honesty i'm only I guess I could say at things obtaining to the actual stage in HS most of the shows I was ASM and my job was basically manger of the stage while the stage manger did cues for lighting and sound. My job was to make sure quick all deck crew, dressers, pop mistresses, and actors were doing what they were suppose to do and help out of course me and the deck crew were a team. If anything went wrong I had to try my best to fix the problem 3nodding
Electric Teal Chinchilla
I know but I shall now try and work on keeping this alive 4laugh and possible even dare I say grow into having more of us on this thread 4laugh any shows your working on currently? Right now only thing theater related I'm doing is taking intro to theater in college which I probably shouldn't have taken. The reason being I know almost all the material as I took theater 1-4 in HS :]

That would be amazing.
I'm just helping out with my friend's company this week, driving up to Washington to do it. I think there's a show coming up in May I'll be working on. A really lovely one woman show I've run before.
I've been working on a script though.

Yeah... Intro is probably not the most fun after that. ^^

Dapper Gaian

Aethiopica
Electric Teal Chinchilla

That would be amazing.
I'm just helping out with my friend's company this week, driving up to Washington to do it. I think there's a show coming up in May I'll be working on. A really lovely one woman show I've run before.
I've been working on a script though.

Yeah... Intro is probably not the most fun after that. ^^
That sounds great c: though my teacher teaches HS & college and works for a theater company she is suppose to give me some info on getting in touch with a local theater company about me possibly helping with a show and depending on the show they pay their tech. I'm really looking forward to getting ahold of them if only she'd get me the contact info lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff