Welcome to Gaia! ::

i need a monologue to get into a drama at my school, not too long, and topic=comedy/drama/romantic/horror/whatever.
(also could you sugest a link to the monologue on the web or something of the sort. that would be much apreciated.)
thanx sooooo much!!!
anybody???

i'll settle for just the title of a monologue, i'll look it up on the internet. (less work ofr you)
i guess i'll suffer then and look like an idiot on stage....thanx for all the help guys!!!
There are several links to monologue websites in the monolgue threads in this forum.

Also, this is a slow moving forum, and expecting responses after 18 minutes is unreasonable, while being rude about the lack of immediate response is immature.
i cant give you a name of one, but i can say keep away from sheakspear and typical monolouges. get some monolouge books and have a read. they have really good stuff in there. i can recommend 'a streetcar named desire" by tennesee williams. there is monolouge in, it it starts with "he was a boy". i am doing it at the moment. its a dramatic peice and its really good. you must have a good understanding of the whole play to perform it.
frankieallyella
i cant give you a name of one, but i can say keep away from sheakspear and typical monolouges. get some monolouge books and have a read. they have really good stuff in there. i can recommend 'a streetcar named desire" by tennesee williams. there is monolouge in, it it starts with "he was a boy". i am doing it at the moment. its a dramatic peice and its really good. you must have a good understanding of the whole play to perform it.

i have to agree with that rolleyes
thanx biggrin i'll check those out!
wink welcolm!
Mother By Name by Deborah Cowles Scott
-->Drama

He's not leaving this house. I don't care what the law says. He's not going back to that woman. I am his mother now. He's growing, he's gained five pounds, he's starting to learn. You should see him. He's allowing his curiousity to... happen. Everything is starting to interest him. For God's sake, don't take him away now. No! No, you listen to me. When you first brought him to me, he had a bruise covering the entire right side of his face. He was under nourished and he was scared. Every time I walked into the room, he jumped. I'd reach across him at the dinner table for the salt shaker and he'd break into hysterics. He's three years old, and every move I make he fears for his life. He's scrapping at three. Every night I sit up with, holding him, rocking him through his nightmares until he finally sleeps. He never slept when he came here. He sleeps almost all night now. You've got to help me keep this child. He touched my face just this morning- just once, very quickly. I was very still, and I reached out, and I touched him. Don't you see how he's mine now? I've raised this child like a newborn baby, and now you're telling me he has to go back? You're going to have to get the National Gaurd in here honey. I won't let you kill that little boy. And that's what you'll be doing if you send him back there! So you turn around, go back out the way you came in, and tell your judge, your courts, and that woman- he stays!

~ I had to do this momlogue for drama finals. I'll tell you, I was so nervous I was almost physically ill. It lasts about 1 1/2 minutes. >.< Anyway, if you really need a monologue, you should go to the library, it has an awesome source for acting skits. This monologue is meant for girls. ^_^ (which I am, by the way)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff