Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seems like there are a lot of costumers to represent so please add me to them. whee Costuming seems to be my day job as of late. I do Opera, Theater and Film. I also used to House Manage which is an epic beast. Good to see some representation of the techie crowd. I also do non techie things like acting and writing.
Lovely_Dead_Trash
CHERLIT
Ada the Soul Eater
CHERLIT
I'm a proud stage crew member right here!! 3nodding Well, I also do a little sound and lights, but I'm mostly stage crew.

It's always so awkward when people find out you're in the spring musical and they ask you what role you play. Then when you tell them you're a tech, they think you're just a last minute thing. :/ Also, getting underestimated by actors isn't fun.

I enjoy doing sound. If an actor ever gives you a problem just go ahead and stand up for yourself. Show them you're boss because you do! You have power over them! YOU CAN CRUSH THEM!!! WE CAN CRUSH THEM!!!! I usally say something along the lines of "hey, bub. Don't tell ME how to do my job! Want me to teach you how to act!? Yeah, I used to be an actor too, bub!"

I have aweful experiences with actors, I can't even explain how aweful they have treated me. I realized I have the power.

Yup. Sound is pretty fun actually. In my theater, the sound person always gets a lot of respect from the actors because of how intimidating the sound board looks.
I have met some pretty nice actors that actually treat techs nicely, but they're pretty rare. It's particularly hard for me to gain respect from actors because I'm a girl. :/ I'm pretty firm with actors but I still get disrespect all the time.

Urgh. I had this bad experience with this actress. She kept on moving the set pieces after I would set them perfectly on the spike marks which dragged on the scene changes resulting in a pissed stage manager.

ugh! i had that problem too! I was Crew captain (i had a cape. it was awesome) but this actress decided that a piece just wasn't in the right place, so I had to run out and stop her- SHE DROPPED IT ON MY FOOT. Luckily for me, there was a nail sticking out of the bottom, that stabbed into my converse, causing me to bleed onto the floor. This also happened to be before the big dance scene, and one of the dancers slipped in my blood. I got yelled at by the director for bleeding on the stage. - _ -+ one of the worst experiences in theatre ever.

I have worked professionally in theater for over 4 years and that is the scariest and work story i have heard that did not result in death. Congratz? Sorry?

Friendly Heckler

Yay! Hi, fellow techs!
After 3 years of tech-specific classes, I've been in almost every position, but I'm really strong in lighting/ elec stuff. Pretty certain I want to work as a head elec./ME in the future. In fact, I just joined IATSE 504, so now I'll do the same stuff but get paid for it!
*:----:*:--:*:----:*:----:*

I'm props and sound tech for a local community theater company. And errand boy, and occasional stage manager.

I was stage manager on three productions at my college, including a Little Shop production that was so fraught with disaster and ineptitude that I decided never to exclusively manage again. Augh.
*:----:*:--:*:----:*:----:*

5,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I am mostly a stage performer but otherwise I will be backstage king

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I love being a crewie. I've done set, art, and costumes. I even got to design the costumes fo my senior musical in high school. biggrin
I'm going into my senior year and I'm the current Props Master (subject to change), but I love set design the most. I'm currently working on a design for Cabaret for our regional theater competition.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff