Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Smoker

6,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Hey everyone! I'm looking to get to know some other band geeks!! I'm Maddie, 19, i play the flute and piccolo and i love marching band. If anyone wants to share the band geek pride with me and get to know me, (i dont bite! hard...lol) you know where to find me smile

Dapper Genius

I'm in colorguard! Does that count? 8D We make you guys look pretty~

Beloved Smoker

6,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
hahaha yes it does smile i dont discriminate by section...dont worry smile Besides, without you guys, the band wouldnt be so flashy xD

Informer

Well, I used to be in school color guard but I was really bad at it. ;-;

I've been playing the bassoon in the school band since sixth grade - I've been playing for almost three years. XD I wanted to play the flute in the beginning, but I just could not, for the love of potatoes, get any sound to come out of it. However, someone had me try the clarinet and I apparently was really good with the reed. Then that someone was like "You have long fingers. You should play the bassoon!"

I don't regret choosing to play it. Best, most fun instrument ever.

However, if I were to choose another instrument, I would choose the dizi (it's like a bamboo flute, usually seen in Asian cultures), the contrabassoon, or the bass clarinet.
yep! smile since 5th grade, and im a HS senior now. i play clarinet for marching band, oboe for concert band, bass guitar in jazz band, and various percussion in percussion ensemble biggrin

Beloved Smoker

6,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
angelicTrenchcoat
yep! smile since 5th grade, and im a HS senior now. i play clarinet for marching band, oboe for concert band, bass guitar in jazz band, and various percussion in percussion ensemble biggrin

haha ive been in band since 4th grade. im 19 now. been playing flute for almost 11 years and my piccolo for almost 6. Ive always wanted to learn percussion though...
marchingbandgrl8
angelicTrenchcoat

haha ive been in band since 4th grade. im 19 now. been playing flute for almost 11 years and my piccolo for almost 6. Ive always wanted to learn percussion though...

awesome! smile percussion is pretty easy to learn if youve got a good sense of rhythm, drums like snares and drum sets take a little bit more time to learn though because of certain skills you have to learn and master

Beloved Smoker

6,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
angelicTrenchcoat
marchingbandgrl8
angelicTrenchcoat

awesome! smile percussion is pretty easy to learn if youve got a good sense of rhythm, drums like snares and drum sets take a little bit more time to learn though because of certain skills you have to learn and master

yeah...ive always wanted to be on drumline and play snare cause i love the way the marching snares sound. Hopefully though i will be able to take lessons soon. and i have a good sense of rhythm so im sure it wont be that difficult. normally when someone hands me sticks i can mess around and play pretty good haha ninja
marchingbandgrl8
angelicTrenchcoat
marchingbandgrl8
angelicTrenchcoat

yeah...ive always wanted to be on drumline and play snare cause i love the way the marching snares sound. Hopefully though i will be able to take lessons soon. and i have a good sense of rhythm so im sure it wont be that difficult. normally when someone hands me sticks i can mess around and play pretty good haha ninja

you should be fine then! smile i mostly play percussion like bongos, congas, skaer-type things because im in jazz band, and the more skillful drummers do all the snare work haha but i wish you the best of luck! im sure youll do great biggrin

Beloved Smoker

6,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
angelicTrenchcoat
marchingbandgrl8
angelicTrenchcoat
marchingbandgrl8
angelicTrenchcoat

you should be fine then! smile i mostly play percussion like bongos, congas, skaer-type things because im in jazz band, and the more skillful drummers do all the snare work haha but i wish you the best of luck! im sure youll do great biggrin

haha thanks! well youre on my friends list so whenever you wanna chat about band, pm me or gaia chat me. ill always be up for chat about band stuffs! heart
marchingbandgrl8
angelicTrenchcoat
marchingbandgrl8
angelicTrenchcoat
marchingbandgrl8
angelicTrenchcoat

haha thanks! well youre on my friends list so whenever you wanna chat about band, pm me or gaia chat me. ill always be up for chat about band stuffs! heart

woo will do! smile

Beloved Smoker

6,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
MrsLynch4ever
I finished my first year of band now playing the flute. Sometimes i wish i could switch cause its hard... I really dont know

Oh wow...i love playing the flute...going on my 11th year. and my 8th year on piccolo.

Galactic Zombie's Husband

Loyal Knight

9,600 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
I'm in color guard as of last year, and I play the baritone (seems I'm the only brass ins. On here so far?) since 6th, I think marching is very hard for me, being short and carrying a large ins. XD but I like it, and I like playing at the games.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff