Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Autobiographer

I know choir is singing, but I don't think it should be under musicians. It is part of the performing arts as far as I'm concerned. Anywho, I'm an Alto II in my school's audition choir, and the only complaint I have is that I never, EVER get the melody. Melody is always soprano I. Other than that, I love it. What's your favorite type of choral music, or favorite piece you've sung in a choir? Really, I just wanna chat with people who are as enthused as I am. emotion_bigheart

Witty Autobiographer

Some of my favorite songs include:

Lux Aeterna
Lux Aurumque
Mr. Sandman
Colors of the Wind
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Ritmo
...and lots of things I forget, but that happens with multiple years of singing in a choir... sweatdrop

7,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
I'm Alto II, too, and sometimes in my choir, we got the melody. In Hold Me, Rock Me, we kicked the s**t out of that melody, man. biggrin

Most of the time, though, yeah, we get the harmony, but that's how it is. Every part is necessary in choir, especially the harmonies. Imagine how flat and boring the melody would sound on its own. xd

Witty Autobiographer

Izzy Van Helsing
I'm Alto II, too, and sometimes in my choir, we got the melody. In Hold Me, Rock Me, we kicked the s**t out of that melody, man. biggrin

Most of the time, though, yeah, we get the harmony, but that's how it is. Every part is necessary in choir, especially the harmonies. Imagine how flat and boring the melody would sound on its own. xd

I love it when there's no definite melody in a song, and you can always tell because you will not be drawn to any particular note or part.

4,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
I was a Soprano II for the most part. The choir that I was in for most of my high school years was SSA. We did so many songs, I'm not sure I can choose a favorite.
i Am also in my chior at school but i have no friends that enjoy singing so i am kinda lonely ... i stand at the back jutst mumbling quietly but everyon that i have sung to says i was really good .... i think i have potential ... im just way too shy what do u all think i shuld do :L xxxxxxxxxxxx heart

Witty Autobiographer

AngryDiscoDiva123
i Am also in my chior at school but i have no friends that enjoy singing so i am kinda lonely ... i stand at the back jutst mumbling quietly but everyon that i have sung to says i was really good .... i think i have potential ... im just way too shy what do u all think i shuld do :L xxxxxxxxxxxx heart

man... I used to be that way.... you just have to think to yourself, "if there are no leaders, I have to be a leader." Don't be afraid to sing with power--but never louder than lovely--because you can't fix mistakes in songs if you can't hear them. If you really love singing so much, think about getting vocal lessons. Once you're confident in your own abilities, try out for a solo! Step outside of your comfort zone! I found that you can't inch out of it, you just have to take a leap. Once you do, everything will be so much easier...

6,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
I'm on Tenor in middle school, and Bass in high school until now
I'm an Alto II also, and I love it. Maybe it's just because I think we have one of the most challenging parts. At my school, we seldom get the melody. I kind of like it though, harmonizing and being different. Funny, I was a Soprano I last year. o_o
We've done a lot of nice pieces but none of them have really stuck with me so far. I love choir though. heart Glad to find someone who understands.
I'm a soprano in our beginner's chorus. >.< And I enjoy singing the melody. We're doing Hallelujah Chorus with the advanced students. XD

Witty Autobiographer

Yoruichi_Bankai
I'm a soprano in our beginner's chorus. >.< And I enjoy singing the melody. We're doing Hallelujah Chorus with the advanced students. XD

Yeah... I remember a couple of years ago my choir did the most if not all of messiah in a professional performance with several other choirs and an orchestra... those songs just about killed me, I swear. It's a nice memory, but so difficult to actually do sweatdrop
Lady Bosie
Yoruichi_Bankai

Yeah... I remember a couple of years ago my choir did the most if not all of messiah in a professional performance with several other choirs and an orchestra... those songs just about killed me, I swear. It's a nice memory, but so difficult to actually do sweatdrop

Gawd, the notes get up there. Dx But we're just a beginning chorus, and I don't plan on auditioning for the advanced class. I would die.

Witty Autobiographer

Yoruichi_Bankai
Lady Bosie

Gawd, the notes get up there. Dx But we're just a beginning chorus, and I don't plan on auditioning for the advanced class. I would die.

I don't one hundred percent remember, but one song in particular--does the phrase "the child is born" ring a bell at all?--was murder. Alternating between two notes for sooooo long... it's just crazy, that book.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Meee!! biggrin I normally sing Soprano I, although sometimes I sing Soprano II as well. My favorite pieces I've sang in choir in the past are Cloudburst and Sleep by Eric Whitacre, Sure on This Shining Night by Morten Lauridsen, the Messiah by Handel, The Lord is My Shepherd by John Rutter, The Road Home by Stephen Paulus, and an Alleluia piece where all we sing is alleluia, but I don't remember who composed it. All I remember is that it was a beautiful piece.

Sadly, I'm not in choir for this current quarter, since I transferred to my current university from community college. Aiming to join choir again next quarter, though.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Lady Bosie
Yoruichi_Bankai
Lady Bosie

I don't one hundred percent remember, but one song in particular--does the phrase "the child is born" ring a bell at all?--was murder. Alternating between two notes for sooooo long... it's just crazy, that book.

Was it "For Unto Us a Child Is Born"? I looooved that piece (although my eyes couldn't follow the fast melismas on the page, so I ended up relying on my hearing to sing them correctly). heart

@ Yoruichi: the notes aren't that bad. Highest note I remember seeing when I sang Handel in choir was a high B (for sopranos. Dunno what the highest note for other sections were).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff