Welcome to Gaia! ::

HARD WORK.

Hey guys, just wanted to meet up with my fellow thesps, if there are any out there.

I have a few questions, just to get conversation going. Answer them, or comment on other people's answers.

Happy Camping! biggrin
Question One: What is your favourite character that you've played?

Question Two: What is the last play you've been in?

Question Three: Most hilarious mistake on stage?

Tipsy Seeker

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
Q1 I'd have to say my first character, Sasha from Excuses Excuses XD

Q2 Death by Dessert!! I was the BusGirl/Murderess

Q3 After a really serious play. I was suppose to be the light and fun monolouge and I forgot it, so I started to make up s**t and everyone loved it.....
But I had to do it two nights in a row and my teacher knew the first night something was up
KattHelsing
Q1 I'd have to say my first character, Sasha from Excuses Excuses XD

Q2 Death by Dessert!! I was the BusGirl/Murderess

Q3 After a really serious play. I was suppose to be the light and fun monolouge and I forgot it, so I started to make up s**t and everyone loved it.....
But I had to do it two nights in a row and my teacher knew the first night something was up

Ha! Brilliant! I remember a time (and this was ages ago, mind) when I was on stage being a member of the lovely chorus in a still image as part of a production of Under Milk Wood. My friend was doing a monologue about Bach, her character's favourite composer, and the line she was supposed to finish with went 'Ah, Bach. Bach without a doubt'. However, on the last night of the run, she said, "Ahh, Bach. Bach without a back. I mean doubt. I mean Bach! Ah... Bach!". None of the audience would've guessed, if it weren't for the five or ten other actors on stage trying to stifle their laughter!
So far, Gwendolyn Fairfax from The Importance of Being Earnest. Act two was my favorite. (: Victorian cat fights are the best.

The Importance of Being Earnest, haha.
I'm currently in The Drowsy Chaperone as Mrs. Tottendale, though. I really like the role...but I hate playing old ladies.

Opening night for Earnest...during a point where I was supposed to be at the peak of anger...I flubbed up the words.
The line was supposed to go, "From the moment I saw you, I distrusted you-"
Instead of moment...I said mooment. Haha. No one has let me live it down.
The audience laughed. My stage partner and I had to try to stay straight faced the whole rest of the act. It wasn't easy. xD

Also, during Tech rehearsal for Arsenic and Old Lace, (I played a female version of Lieutenant Rooney) I was supposed to answer the phone and say "Lieutenant Rooney"
I said "Lieutenant Roofies"
Bahahaha.
-Hematomania-
So far, Gwendolyn Fairfax from The Importance of Being Earnest. Act two was my favorite. (: Victorian cat fights are the best.

The Importance of Being Earnest, haha.
I'm currently in The Drowsy Chaperone as Mrs. Tottendale, though. I really like the role...but I hate playing old ladies.

Opening night for Earnest...during a point where I was supposed to be at the peak of anger...I flubbed up the words.
The line was supposed to go, "From the moment I saw you, I distrusted you-"
Instead of moment...I said mooment. Haha. No one has let me live it down.
The audience laughed. My stage partner and I had to try to stay straight faced the whole rest of the act. It wasn't easy. xD

Also, during Tech rehearsal for Arsenic and Old Lace, (I played a female version of Lieutenant Rooney) I was supposed to answer the phone and say "Lieutenant Rooney"
I said "Lieutenant Roofies"
Bahahaha.

Hah! That's brilliant! The last play I was in -actually, the last two plays- was Sweeney Todd. In one I played Sweeney, in the other I played a female Beadle. I actually chose to make the character female, because I always play male roles and I wanted to be a wee bit feminine this time. When I look back at the studio pictures, I still look like a man - even in a bleedin' skirt! Gutted. I'm thankful now though because I'm in a production of Loveplay by Moira Buffini (she's an amazing playwrite - I'm having a wee bit of a crush on her at the minute) in which I play several female roles. All brilliant.

In a relationship with Sappho herself

Shoujo Scout

25,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Friendly 100
Junoir Thespie in the house. c: I get inducted into the high school troupe this spring ((weird school set up = high school being 10th grade.))

Question 1: Number 3 in 15 Reasons Not to Be In a Play. <3 I had a whole monolouge at the end about how you shouldn't be in a play because everyone else is doing plays, and how you should be original. & we staged it like a church choir or something, everyone standing around me. Amazingness.

Question 2: Aladdin Jr., the musical. xD I was a guard, a half foot shorter than all of them (save for one, a seventh grade boy).

Question 3: In Aladdin, we drew eyeliner mustaches on ourselves to be big burly men. I had a Charlie Chaplin-style 'stache, but about 10 minutes into the play, I sneezed backstage and it deformed into a Hitler 'stache. Never. Lived. It. Down.
Disarming North Korea
Junoir Thespie in the house. c: I get inducted into the high school troupe this spring ((weird school set up = high school being 10th grade.))

Question 1: Number 3 in 15 Reasons Not to Be In a Play. <3 I had a whole monolouge at the end about how you shouldn't be in a play because everyone else is doing plays, and how you should be original. & we staged it like a church choir or something, everyone standing around me. Amazingness.

Question 2: Aladdin Jr., the musical. xD I was a guard, a half foot shorter than all of them (save for one, a seventh grade boy).

Question 3: In Aladdin, we drew eyeliner mustaches on ourselves to be big burly men. I had a Charlie Chaplin-style 'stache, but about 10 minutes into the play, I sneezed backstage and it deformed into a Hitler 'stache. Never. Lived. It. Down.

Brilliant! I've never had any stage make-up faux pas like that, but a friend of mine played Nathan Detroit in Guys & Dolls, and on the last night, he'd forgotten to put his mascara moustache on when he should've, and so quickly applied it before the opening. In the opening, however, one of the first things he had to do was kiss Adelaide... Who then - throughout the first three or four scenes - waddled around with his moustache on!!!

In a relationship with Sappho herself

Shoujo Scout

25,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Friendly 100
It was funny though, but I got so much crap for that. I actually just saw our Jafar a few days ago, and he brought it up. The production was in May. :c

Dangerous Prophet

7,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
1. I know, people may think it kind of sad, but I did actually love playing Helena from Midsummer Night's Dream.
2. Incidentally, Midsummer's
3. Just before the fight scene I had to emerge from beneath a table on my stomach. As I did, I kicked back and accidentally hit the canvas set behind me. It fell over and hit one of the characters on the head ;___;
FrailWingedIcarus

I've been involved in a tall town theater that received their plays and musicals from the Pioneer Drama Services, so majority of the plays are for teens and children. I haven't had the opportunity to get into a play in college just yet. smile

But my favorite character played, so far, was Molly from Lady Pirates of Captain Bree. I was the pirate who wanted everyone to get along and cried when someone was going to be thrown off the plank.

The last play we did was for elementary children. It was called "The Elves and the Shoemaker." I was an elf.

The most embarrassing moment I had on stage was in The Elves and the Shoemaker. When it was time for the Elves to march our from behind stage and into the audience, I slipped and fell on my face on the stage just before I got to the steps to go into the audience. One of the elf's shouted "Oh Hazel! Are you okay?!" (My character was Hazel) So no one broke character and I continued to march with a sore and red knee and the audience chuckling.

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Mark Twain 100
1. Probably Ruth in The Homecoming

EDIT: Mother in A Christmas Story. I got to be extremely melodramatic so it was really fun.

2. The Odd Couple (female version)

3. I..uh...tend to fall of the stage a lot. I've done it like, three times. I keep telling Jessica to stick some damn lights on there but she just tells me to learn to watch where I step.

So I will probably continue to keep falling off the stage...

emo

ANOTHER EDIT: There was a fake turkey in the oven in A Christmas Story, and the oven door was open when it was supposed to be closed. My lines were "THE TURKEY! THEY TOOK OUR TURKEY!" But everyone could see that the turkey was still in the oven because I forgot to close it. So I walked over and "inconspicuously" shut it, but the illusion was already ruined and the door wouldn't even close. To make matters worse, the audience, which was full of middle schoolers, would NOT stop laughing. I tried shutting it over and over again, but something was broken and it WOULD NOT shut. So there we were, complaining about how the turkey was gone, when it was obviously in the oven.
Helena from Midsummer
Crazy for You
In "Midsummer" (sorry I'm too lazy to type it out), part of the set, a plant, fell off on the ground right in front of me when I am chewing out Lysander. So I grabbed it and started hitting him with it. Lol!
Acting is the hardest profession? You should try directing....

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
FrailWingedIcarus

Q1: It's a tie between my drag persona, Coco and The (Australian) Purser from Anything Goes

Q2: A very parodied Anything Goes

Q3: In Anything Goes, when I was supposed to enter Oakleigh's cabin, the actor playing him had the sword pointed at me with this HILARIOUS O-face and I had to try SO HARD not to laugh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff