Welcome to Gaia! ::

Woo for pan! :3

Dapper Darling

15,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Party Member 100
I love it when people remember the classic myths!

There's an OLD true story where someone was spreading the word that a king had died, but because someone else hearing it didn't quite speak the same language, they misheard it as 'the Great god Pan is dead!' because that's what it sounded like to them. So some people actually thought the old god had died!

There's also a story called "The Great God Pan" and it is CREEPY. Lovecraft praised how creepy it was. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_God_Pan

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
(Hmm, I'l read that story later. )
* grabs a pair of glasses and rather unsteadily stands on a table* Attention class! Your attention please!

*Clears throat*

As you well know. Dionysus, as the god of the vine, symbolized both the freeing and enlightening and the destructive attributes of drink-he could raise a man to joy or drive him to madness; but such is the nature ofd wine. Silenus the faun, his greatest fan, was alwyas drunk.
However, in time, Dionysus became see as a god who frees men through inspiration, not drink, and so became included in the Elusinan Mysteries with Demeter, goddess of the corn-*hic* Who we haf to thank for beer!
Actually, Pan is the Greek god of Shepherds and flocks, the wilds of the mountains, rusting music, and hunting. He spent his time in Arkadia chasing all the woodland nymphs and playing the pan-pipes, which is where he derives his name. He's half-goat himself. ninja

I believe the Greek god that you are thinking of is Dionysus, who is also the god of wine, chaos, drunkenness, and madness.

Newbie Noob

18,600 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Battery 500
Aaya-San
Whatabadass emotion_dowant

Wrong! Dionysus is the greek god of party!
Pan is the greek god of the herders!

Sparkly Survivor

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Azsxcvcxzzx

Shameless Grabber

11,175 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50
I think I'd prefer to pay patronage to Dionysus, God of Wine, Theatre, and Ecstasy. >w>

Oh and WHOOOOOOO!!!!!

Shameless Grabber

11,175 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50
[NPC] Eugenia Smart
Actually, Pan is the Greek god of Shepherds and flocks, the wilds of the mountains, rusting music, and hunting. He spent his time in Arkadia chasing all the woodland nymphs and playing the pan-pipes, which is where he derives his name. He's half-goat himself. ninja

I believe the Greek god that you are thinking of is Dionysus, who is also the god of wine, chaos, drunkenness, and madness.

You are oozing of wisdom and intellect, my friend. Pray tell, what else of the greek pantheon dost thou knowst of?

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
....I'm too drunk for all this learning *hic!* -falls over-

Shameless Grabber

11,175 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50
[NPC] Eugenia Smart

Actually, now that i think of it, chaos and madness aren't exactly Dionysus thing. And you forgot to mention he is also a god of theater and ecstasy, he's not exactly bad as a deity.

Shadowy Inquisitor

8,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
I think Pan and Dionysus would get along 4laugh
And so would Hermes.

Blame this blog for the awesomeness talk2hand
http://askolympus.tumblr.com/

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
Scythe the Seraphim.

May I ask a question related to your username? Is there a difference between a Seraph and a Seraphim? I know they're something to do with angels (three winged angels possibly if I remember correctly?) but is it different forms of the same word, or two different meanings?

Dapper Lunatic

My party is with the god Hypno... And sleeping on this nice... Wobbling floor... *passes out*

Man-Hungry Fatcat

14,050 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
IJP Raya Bin Saeng
Aaya-San
Whatabadass emotion_dowant

Wrong! Dionysus is the greek god of party!
Pan is the greek god of the herders!

Dionysus was the god of drinking/wine/grapes.

Pan was one of the most ancient gods, so old that Zeus didn't know how he was birthed. Yes, he was known for the pan-flute and herding, but he was also known for sleeping off a good binge, raping/chasing nymphs and beautiful women. Pan was also known for mountains, flocks, the wild, music, and known to be seen with Dionysus. The word "pan" loosely translates to "all," such as pansexual, pandemic, etc. Oh, And partying.

Hilarious Noob

Party hard!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas