Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Friend

basically writing exercise to flesh out some OCs.
character profiles are here and open for roleplays.

Dapper Friend

character; zane tearsky } ARCHER ♁
prompt; an unmarked letter appears at your doorstep.

The day's calming breeze did nothing to soothe the heavy ache in her heart right now. The master archer - older, nearing her early-thirties now - held a unmarked scented letter delivered earlier that day, scrunched up in her hands so tightly it held looked almost torn. She had paced her house multiple times that day, agitated at its contents, angry at her former lover for sending it, frustrated that she still held feelings for the now-queen Andrea. Their romance had ended years earlier, right after the princess successfully brought allies to her country's aid and it had not been a pretty break-up. They both knew the relationship would be short-lived, after all, Zane was nothing but a mere soldier, and Andrea was a princess of royal blood. The fact that she couldn't impregnate the princess had contributed a lot in the break up as well - the first-borns are expected to bring future kings and queens, after all. Sure, the former-princess had male siblings who had survived the war, but being the first... Well, it was expected of a princess anyway, more so when the country plummeted into an unexpected war and the king and queen so horrifically executed. Andrea, wiser from the trip they both had to save the kingdom, got married to the kingdom's allied country to save her own, a Prince Chras.

She remembered the day Andrea declined her love, throwing away her feelings away in favor for her duties. She remembered how proud and heartbroken she felt when they got married. The princess - no, queen, queen - had learned how to act like a queen, how important it was to the citizen's morale. She remembered the shy kisses they shared, the hesitant touches, the sweet nothings exchanged as they both laid side by side in bed. The feeling for her queen remained in her heart, all through her wedding and the subsequent birth of a child - the first royal to be born post-war. Sher remembered everything, but they were all buried beneath the responsibilities she gave herself as a tutor, teacher for all aspiring archers.

The letter she held was just bringing back every moment they shared, every moment she had cherished with Andrea, and with it, heartache that she'd all so skillfully ignored.

Dapper Friend

character; kazuki aoi } PRINCE ♂
prompt; you are an antelope running from a lion. describe this experience.

Being trapped in an arranged marriage isn't so bad. After all, you're still a prince, you're still rich, you still don't have to worry about getting food on the table for your significant others - life's not too bad. If you're really lucky, you might even fall in love with the other royal - something not too normal, but not unheard of either. Aoi had never fallen in love with another, so the whole being stuck marrying a princess isn't too bad - the woman might be older than he is by ten years, but it's not like she's hard on the eyes. So no, when someone he knows asks him if being stuck in an arranged marriage is a lot like being chased by a lion, he would say he wouldn't know. At least, that's what he felt like before he met the man.

The man was normal - there literally was nothing about him that would make you stop in your tracks. It was his smile (and completely by accident in Aoi's part that he'd be lucky enough to catch him in his moment) that had Aoi falling so hard for him. Now, if people were to ask him about the inevitable marriage, he'd smile and lie. It doesn't faze him at all, he'd say, with a heavy heart.

Dapper Friend

character; haru yun-jae } WITCH ♁

No matter how you looked at it, everyone knows Haru was timid. Some might call it arrogance, others called it bashful behaviour, but the closest to her knew she just disliked human interaction in general. The green-haired witch started normal, grew up normal, but sometime around her high school, she started hating humans, witches, social interactions and mostly, shapeshifters. Not a lot of people knew why, much less who created this special hatred towards socialization, save Kira. It's not like the female reaper-in-training is going to start blurting it out to people.

Orion never really minded this, didn't really care about the witch he'd never really talked to (they were basically strangers, why should he?) but recently, the dark hostility from Haru started raising concerns. Hell, he was almost burned to crisp when he tried to prank some warlock - the reason why she's even in his mind right now. Being a shapeshifter probably didn't help in the witch's eyes.
He sighed, knowing he's going to have to man up and apologize to the intended target, as well as receive an apology from his attacker. s**t, he thought, sign me out from any interaction with Haru.

Dapper Friend

prompt; you fall through thin ice.
type; fanfiction - iwatobi character makoto.

Being in love in Haruka is a lot like falling through thin ice. You expect it, you ready yourself for it, but no matter how careful you are in your steps, the cold shock will always take you by surprise. Ask anyone who'd ever been in love with him. Nagisa, Rei, Kisumi. Rin. They all had, at one point, fallen in love with Haruka. That much Makoto is sure. He notices the whiff of breath Rei takes upon entering a pool with a particularly strong smell of chlorine. He realizes the soft smile Nagisa unconsciously gives whenever they pass the mackerel seller. He knows how Kisumi steals glances at Haruka whenever they happen to cross paths when meeting Makoto at ITSC.

He sees the melancholy look Rin sometimes gets when he wins a particularly close swim.

All these things, he knows. He knows and yet, he can never help them. Hell, he can't even help himself.

Falling in love with Haruka is a lot like falling through thin ice, yet Makoto felt like he was the only one drowning.

Dapper Friend

character; Yuumei Takeshi } human embodiment of VIRTUE OF PATIENCE ♂
prompt; random first line.

There had been many theories about how she had been murdered. None of them were substantial, naturally, considering how shrouded in mystery her death had been. All they had were rumours, no one in the general public had even seen her body once the Department of Public Protection (DOPP) took over. The only certain fact that they had was how mutilated and gore her dead body had been. Deaths of strangers normally did not occupy Takeshi's thoughts, but the fact that the deceased woman had met him prior to her death made him feel uneasy. "Careful," she had said, looking over her shoulders as she continued, "He's coming for the seven of us."

Those were the final words she said to him, cryptic but not enough to hold his attention at that time. Sure, it was a weird thing to say, but she's not exactly right in the head. At least, that's what Takeshi had thought before hearing of her death. Suddenly, the whole theory she had pitched about the seven of them being virtues doesn't seem so crazy. Especially with the rumours about her limbs being rearranged to form the word 'Lust'.

Dapper Friend

User Image
                                                █████ ████ █████ ████ ██ ████ ████ ██ █████████
                                                x x x x
                                                x x x x *゚prompt ;; the relationship begins when two people that frequent the same cafe for lunch accidentally spill coffee on each other.
                                                x x x x *゚where ;; blossom cafe.
                                                x x x x *゚with ;; the handsome flirt over the counter.

Pegasus wasn't one to frequent cafes. Cafes were usually full of stuck-up people, rich and middle-class bastards who felt that regular coffee wasn't worthy of their tastebuds, paying for overpriced coffee for the selfie opportunities. He hated these kinds of people. Yet, here he was, fourth time this week. What a ******** hypocrite. Still, the man behind the counter was well worth it. It's not like he didn't have money to spend anyway.

"So, what'll you have this time, handsome?" The blue-haired barista leaned over the counter, a teasing smile on his face like he was expecting Pegasus. Like he knew he was the reason Pegasus was even there. Unsure what he was even doing - what was he thinking! Coming here for the second time of the day! He rapped his knuckles together under the counter, took a deep breath and pressed on his bruise on his hip for courage. s**t, fighting was something he could handle. Violence wasn't a problem. How was this even possible? How could he possibly have trouble asking a guy out?! He wasn't even shy, just. Unsure what to say. He let his eyes wander around the man, glancing at the menu, the other baristas hiding behind the counter trying to look like they're not listening in, everywhere but the other's eyes. He only manned up when he saw, from the corners of his eyes, how his teasing, flirtatious, sexy smile slowly turned into a frown of insecurity, his pose turn frigid and straight.

"Oh, geez, look, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have - I totally didn't -" Oh wow, that look of panic is incredibly adorable. It dawned on him that maybe, that awkward lack of eye contact of his translated as oh-dude-i'm-this-close-to-file-a-restraining-order rather than s**t-shut-up-i'm-trying-to-ask-you-out-here. Blue starts flailing his arms around, running his mouth all over the place and begins telling a story about his dog or something. He feels the crinkles in the corner of his eyes before he hears himself laughing, feeling his chest heave from the sensation. Blue abruptly shuts up and gapes at him. He feels rather than sees the other baristas stopping in their clean-up closing-time work, all paying attention like they were watching the happy resolve of a rom-com movie. In all honesty, it feels like one. Who knew something normal could happen to a guy like him. He thought for sure the only ones he was capable on falling for are the aggressive, physically-inclined, scar-ridden guys, not gentle eyes, soft smiles and scrawny boys.

"I'm Pegasus and I actually hate coffee," he starts, still feeling that damn smile on his face. "I'm Kane, and I know," Blue replies, relief washing over his being.

Dapper Friend

She felt lonely. Whenever silence followed, in the shower, right before bed, as she was getting ready, through all those times - whenever there was even a small moment of silence, she had felt loneliness as a constant companion. It changed, somewhat, when she grew and realized, there were some friends who had offerred to stay. And stayed they did. She knew these handful of friends would always be there for her, had she just asked. So she did. Slowly but surely, she reached out to these people, and they had come through. They proved themselves to follow through with their promises, things she had always thought as polite words. One friend had stood out - the girl who had promised her she would always be there for her. So she accepted it, never used the friendship beyond her ability to trust - not by choice. She had taken slow, sure steps to improve, but she still couldn't trust. Still, her friend opened up to her, and didn't ask for more in return. And our girl, she felt... happy? She wasn't entirely sure. She just knew that this was something good, something special.

Then change came. The girl who had promised to always be there, moved. Outside. Overseas. She knew this was best for her best friend's psyche. She didn't feel sad, nor lonely when she moved away. After all, means of communication still existed.

Until she realized just how much she missed her.

And lonely once again, she felt.

Dapper Friend

User ImageUser Image

It's surprising how he'd actually did something he swore he would never do. Well, nobody ever thinks they'll do the things they hated, but here he was. ******** modeling. Aoi lifted his hand to his head, almost running a hand through his hair before the hand was swatted by his fellow model - at least the other man was handsome, although his slightly taller frame actually pissed Aoi just a little bit, his own masculinity challenged. The hazel-haired man grinned down at Aoi, humoured perhaps at the annoyed twitch his eyebrow involuntarily made. The 'you'll ruin your hair, you're welcome' went unspoken between the two attractive men, dressed only in shorts. Aoi didn't plan on taking pictures for a cosplay magazine, but, well, it was the only offer on the table. So, here he was. The other, identified himself as Jason, grabbed at Aoi's waist as soon as the instructions were a go. Hands on chest. Surprise. Click.

Aoi took a deep breath. This was for him. This was for them. This will be worth it, he reminded himself, then melted in the arms of Jason.

This better be ******** worth it.

Dapper Friend

User Image
                User Image

Alexis was positive. Alexis was positively sure that she would hate this blonde-haired, obviously overprivilaged little b***h, with her Prada handbag and ******** designer clothing. Alexis herself came from financially troubled family - practically all imigrants started like that - and being partially-Asian meant she had less opportunities. It wasn't an ideal world, it wasn't fair, but that's reality. Somehow, she did manage to make a somewhat profitable career over her foresight abilities, her framing and shooting techniques - so long as she was able to pass some of that dough over to her family and enjoy doing the work - she was good. She was great, even if she had an even harder time to qualify for professional galleries, Alexis still loved her freelance job. No one was able to dimish that passion she had - at least, that's what she thought - until she met her. Everything about this b***h pissed her off - from her clothing to her manners to her personality - everything. To be fair, Alexis herself wasn't a picture of friendliness, of comradice during their first encounter but ******** it - she hated everything about the blondie. Her head pounded over the sounds of background music - she had won this gig. Jules and I are here, not that b***h - so calm down, dammit. Jules placed her hand over Alex's arm - hey, focus. what's wrong? - no, nothing. just over-thinking that's all. - Jules smiled that warm smile Alexis had grown to love.

Thinking about her again? I'm a little jealous, you've never thought of me that much - if Alex hadn't crossed the possibility of Jules being bisexual a long time ago, she might actually place some hope on that statement. Instead, the Chinese-American chick scoffed, giving an eyeroll and faux-flipping her hair before resuming on focusing back at the task at hand. She missed the frown Jules emitted - due to jealousy or anger? Jules herself wasn't sure.

Dapper Friend

character: none in specific
      inspiration: zu dir

Through it all, he had been there for me. The bad, the sweet, the great, the worst of the worst. It was amazing how much we've been through together - from the days of teenage idiocy and craving for acceptance from even those who only destroyed us, to the confusing days of early adulthood. We were always comfortable with each other, more comfortable than even what I had felt with those who claimed to have loved me, and him with his. The depths of what we would do for each other was immense and unexplainable - he was my best friends and I was his, a deep connection that no one could replicate.

So it was only natural to see him trying to cheer me up, after the dark breakup from the only other person outside my family, outside him, that I had ever loved.

Yet, it wasn't enough. His comforting presence wasn't enough. His efforts wasn't enough. It simply wasn't enough.

Until I realized he brought backup. He knew. The lil' ******** - he had known me more than I knew myself, he knew me as much as I knew him. A smile broke onto my face, small specks of hope finally appearing in my heart at the collection of close friends he had managed to gather for my sake. I wasn't alone. I was never alone, and I could always count on him. Through the bad, through the worst, through the best of times.

**note: written within 2.5 times of playing of the song.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff