Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I've got a species I've been working on for a while, and I'm not sure what to do with them. I'm fairly sure I'm going to have a main or secondary character belonging to the species, at least in ancestry, but I don't know how to present the story.

Senti outline

Unfortunately, the only thing that comes to mind is the secondary character going off on a quest to find her home world, which would be cliche.

The second idea is one of mental illness, wherein the secondary has a delusion that she's, in fact, human, and while she is a badass, she can't really keep track of her own health. This is a scenario I do not feel comfortable writing.

Newbie Noob

HarperMadi
The second idea is one of mental illness, wherein the secondary has a delusion that she's, in fact, human, and while she is a badass, she can't really keep track of her own health. This is a scenario I do not feel comfortable writing.
Reminds me of Chris Haversam from Fallout New Vegas. Although a human, he fell under the impression that he was a Ghoul (which to him explained why he was shunned by his community), in reality his relationship troubles were do to regular petty old human things.

The Senti also remind of the Watchers form the Book of Enoch.
DarkSohisohi
Reminds me of Chris Haversam from Fallout New Vegas. Although a human, he fell under the impression that he was a Ghoul (which to him explained why he was shunned by his community), in reality his relationship troubles were do to regular petty old human things.

The Senti also remind of the Watchers form the Book of Enoch.

I actually designed Senti culture based on the Mongol Hordes and how they spread weapons technology and governmental systems across most of Europe and Asia. They also built a trade network that outclassed even the ancient Roman and Vikings.

Unfortunately for them, they didn't keep those people subjugated, and they had this little tradition where when one Khan dies, every single mongol will attend his funeral and the crowning of the new one. So every few generations, they would have had to conquer again, only facing weapons tech that they developed in the hands of people who invariably knew the territory better.

Thing is, the Mongols were a nomadic people to begin with, and it's really difficult to catch that in a spacefaring culture. What isn't hard to capture is that they worked on the basis of conquering neighboring tribes. So they conquered the entire continent, one neighboring tribe at a time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff