Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sorry, if it's a bit long, it does actually need to be longer sweatdrop

Manwatching Narrative

“Lots of people at the party. Anyone you, uh, recognize?” Georgia said expressionless. As she walked, she pushed her hands further down into her pockets. It was a cold night. She felt this sudden drop in temperature came from her heart.
“Yeah” replied Nick, oblivious to Georgia’s suspicion, “Bit boring though.”
An awkward silence followed as Georgia’s eyes widened at how easily the little white lies poured out of his mouth like bitter wine.
“Oh you lying git!” Georgia shouted in her head. Her right hand balled into a fist as she breathed out her anger. Little mist clouds escaped into the starry sky. She so badly wanted to confront Nick, but felt like her lips were being frozen together like the grass blades either side of her. In addition, a little voice was niggling at the back of her mind saying forget it, you’ve got a lunch coming up with you parents, and what will they think when you turn up alone? Again. Failure…

For what seemed like an eternity, they walked until finally reaching Georgia’s flat. She turned the key in the lock and opened the door. The reassuring smell of coffee, wood and her perfume made her relax. But only for a few seconds…

Georgia remembered her adolescent dates. Her date, who had been approved by her girlfriends before hand, would take her out. Afterwards he would walk her home, she would warn him about her parents. They would clumsily kiss goodnight and she could close the door on the matter. Possibly phone her date judges and cringe over it.

However, this was different. She didn’t have her panel of girlfriends to help her out. Only Susie, who did actually warn her. But Georgia didn’t listen; she was besotted by Nick, resulting in her defending herself. Against her silent will he stepped into her territory. She felt all her secrets were being exposed, even though they had been together a while. This was routine for Georgia; the party invite, the pre-argument, the flirting, accusing and the post-argument.

Another routine was done when Georgia entered her flat. A check on mail in her box, coat slung over the back of her sofa, keys chucked on the table, a walk that let her eye her answering machine and finish in the kitchen. She completed this but felt like it was a test as Nick was watching her every movement.
“Want a cup of tea?” sighed Georgia.
“Yeah sure” said Nick. She ran the water into the kettle and switched it on. She watched Nick stride around her flat and find a spot on her couch. As the water started to bubble, so did her anger. How dare he flirt with another woman with her there, at the same party in the same room. At first she was calm about it. At first the opposition seem interested but she spotted Georgia and backed away. Georgia started to think, well at least it’s me he went away with. But then again, it keeps happening. Perhaps he was just using her. The kettle clicked and brought her back to reality. She made the tea and slammed it down on the table in front of him.
“There was someone at the party.” snarled Georgia.
“I have no idea what your talking about” said Nick calmly, taking a sip of his tea.
“Yes you do! It was that blonde in the corner, she was making eyes at you.”
Nick put his tea down and wavered.
“Oh, yeah, that was, um, Charmaine, my, old friend.” finished Nick confidently.
“Yeah? Why didn’t you introduce us then?” jumped in Georgia.
“She’s, um, shy.” His eyes looked down.
“Maybe you should invite her to my parents’ lunch? Get to know her better.”
Nick startled,
“No! She’s every busy and booked up.”
“What? All..”
“Yes, all week!” Nick finished for her.
“Ok…What does she work as?”
Nick stood up and said,
“What’s with all the questions? Charlotte is just an old friend, ok?!”
“Thought you said her name was Charmaine?!” shouted Georgia as she stood up as well.

Nick found it hard to meet Georgia’s eyes. He started to murmur,
“I, I…” and ended up shouting, “Leave me alone!”
He started to make his way towards the door.
“What’s the matter? Got rumbled again did we?!” she shouted at his back.
He slammed the door behind him and she screamed, hoping he’d hear her in the hallway,
“P**s off then! Run away like you always do!” she picked up his cup and threw it at the door, making a loud crashing noise and shattering it into pieces. Just like her heart…

Why was she always affected by everything he did? She hates him for it, but deep down she feels she can’t live without him. She stood there, shaking with anger, breathing deeply. She collapsed to the floor and crawled to the front of her sofa, curled into a ball and cried her self to sleep.
Anyone read it yet?
Christ, everyone's so ******** lazy, they can't be bothered to read it scream
Chill out -- this forum moves extremely slow, so quit bumping. If you want people to fully digest and respond critically to something you've written, you're going to have to have some patience.
i'm not exactly sure, but i think this might be in the wrong forum. isn't there a subforum for original prose?
Fixing the grammar might help make it less confusing sweatdrop
ConfinedChild
Fixing the grammar might help make it less confusing sweatdrop

what do you mean? the grammer's fine

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items