Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mewling Fatcat

14,925 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The news vans were parked all around Grandson Park that day in the small town of Nexter, as everyone stood around wondering what was going on. Officer James and his men were trying to hold back the crowd, telling everyone to go home, that there was nothing to see here. Even if the people wanted to see, the huge tent covered the very surroundings of the place that the police and medical team were going into. Reporters were screaming at Officer James, "SIR! What has just happened here in this very park?"

"I cannot tell you what is going on ma'am."

"Why is there a huge tent covering the surroundings? What are you trying to hide from us Officer James?!"

"It is all confidential sir, now please go back to your corporate job buildings and leave this town alone!"

"Do you think this very incident is linked to Al 'Qaeda?"

"No, wait what? Why would this be linked to them?" The officer stared at the reporter in utter confusion.

The reporter, Janice Koolman, didn't know why she asked this but she just replied, "Uhh, trying to get this story straight officer." She ran as fast as she could back to the news van, embarrassed by the comeback she had presented to the officer.

One of the cameramen ran up next to Janice and poked her arm with the microphone. "Al 'Qaeda, really?"

"Shut up Drew!" She huffed and ran to open the back van doors. This story was the key on whether she got that huge promotion at the office, and she wasn't going to let a small town, hick officer stop her chances at becoming anchorwomen of Channel 5 News Station; alongside the incredibly handsome Jonathan Hughes as a matter of fact. "Ok Jimmy, it's your time. Will you help me out with getting this story?"

A young boy, probably around the age of 11, looked up at Janice Koolman from his glasses, a huge grin spreading across his face. "I'M READY MOMMY!" He jumped in enthusiasm.

She smiled down at Jimmy and rubbed her hand on top of her son's head. "Very good, now go sneak past that officer and into the tent then take notes on what you see. Then come back and tell mommy so I can present this news. If you do this right, we can go to the bakery and get whatever you want in there."

Jimmy clapped. "Ok mommy!"

He hugged his mother and started running towards the crowd. The boy was an incredible "secret spy", as he called himself many times, so he was able to sneak past Officer James, who was struggling to keep the people away, so his team had to come in and help. Jimmy looked around and ran hide behind the tent, looking to see if anyone was in there. Once the coast was clear, he ran into the tent and to a tree. To his shock, there was nothing in there. It looked like just a regular old park with a tent over it. "Great they cleaned up the place already! Now I'll never get that huge double chocolate chuck caramel cookie." The thought of the cookie was making his mouth water and put his mind into a trance, when suddenly he heard a strange noise.

"Toot Toot."

The boy looked around, confused and afraid. "Where did that noise come from?" His whole body shook, afraid that there was some type of weird creature, maybe monster that lurked around here, and Jimmy knew monsters didn't come with the secret spy job.
"Toot Toot Toot."

Jimmy looked up and then he saw a small dark red bird, looking down at him with its beady black eyes. He laughed to himself. "Well you're just a small innocent bird. Why on earth would I be afraid of you?"

The bird continued staring at him, its head turning back and forth, as if studying him and his every mood.

The boy laughed at the bird. "You're a silly bird. I know it's weird of me asking this of you, because well… you a bird and you don't understand what I'm saying, but do you know what happened here?"
Suddenly the bird flew down from the tree and onto the section of ground in front of Jimmy. It stared at him intensely, as if it was a predator staring at his prey.

Jimmy laughed nervously, now afraid of the bird. "Oh ok then… well I'm going to go…" Before the boy could take a step and finish his sentence, the bird made a huge, loud blood curling screech.
From outside, the sound of a little boy's screaming suddenly filled the air. Janice looked over at the tent, her eyes widening in fear for her son. "Jim-JIMMY!!!!" She ran as fast as she could toward to the front of the crowd, who were now silent after the noise was heard. All that she saw was a few of the medical staff carrying out a small body, which was now covered in blood and from the looks of it, organs of the small boy were hanging out of the body, swinging back and forth like a small rope. Janice's eyes filled up with tears, praying that this wasn't her son. It had to be some other reporter's son that got hurt.

However, in her heart, she knew she was dead wrong. She fell to the ground bawling her face buried in her hands. However, she did not realize the small red bird standing in the tree next to her, its black beak covered in her son's fresh blood.
"Toot Toot"

Anxious Entrepreneur

Marry me haha oh wait cat_4laugh cat_4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out