Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Gaian

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I'm not immediately going to release my entire novel in progress. So far, it's 4chapters, depending on how many fans I get, I'll release it is it's demanded. It will all be here, so if you want more, post.

Chapter: 1:Revamp
------------------------------------------------------------
Relentless...this damn body just won't let my spirit out, it won't let me die...and it's my fault. I'm an immortal...someone once called me a vampire, but that's far from the truth. What is the truth?...or so I've been asked...There were times that I didn't know...but to this day I wish I hadn't found out. It's all because I was selfish, so damned selfish that I retained ambition even after my life lost meaning. My immortality has become my damnation, and I remember the day that I wished it upon myself. It was a foolish wish, a wish inspired by ignorance. As I waste away here...I can't help but remember it from where it all started...

I was walking to my usual spot in the forest where I could think clearly. I wandered through the sloppy handmade path...I made it myself, using a few rocks of the same color pattern. Red, then blue, then green, then red...Surrounded by pine trees with the sharpest needles I'd ever seen;sharp enough to cut paper in a single stroke. It mattered back then, when I was phased by pain...I was a talkitive boy, maybe even normal. But damn that day for changing it all, I would've been better off that way. Anyway...I arrived at the clearing I claimed as my own.
The clearing was like a piece of paradise taken from a book, I put myself into that piece of paradise. I dug the small pond-like structure myself with a regular shovel. I hurled that rock through the entire path, through grass, dirt, trees, plants, and water, just to stick it in the center of a treeless patch in a massive forest. People've gotten lost and found thier way to my clearing many times before...I used to welcome them. I sat on the rock and lay back to relax with the choice of closing my eyes or looking at the sky that always seemed to favor my area with good weather. I sometimes wounder if it was that choice that damned me...but I think it rediculous. I closed my eyes and went deep into thought. I thought about Kauru, and Kino, and even Yagumi...not only did I think of people, but I came up with some of the most insane theories you could imagine. I thought up theories of how the world began, how it would end, how life began, who I would marry, what I thought when I was just in the womb...and that's only the gist of it.
But it's not that, that began the alteration of my life. It was then that the very first demon to ever appear on earth found it's way to a soul with darkness lurking in only the deepest corridor of his mind. It wasn't physical, not yet; but it would be soon. It was more of a shadow like creature, it was just a dark spot in the sunlight, but I was careless..I didn't see it coming even thought it was so obvious. I opened my eyes to find the creature staring over me, with something that resembled eyes. I flinched and my eyes bulged as I leapt back as much as my strength would allow. Mystery is a scary thing when you're a human...Time froze as it lunged at me, my life flashed before my eyes and I thought myself dead. I didn't want to die, but it was then that my heart stopped beating. The creature entered my body by force, and so commenced my tainting.

When I awoke, I was standing over my mother's body. I was shocked, but I wasn't scared, in fact...I felt no emotion towards this. I wanted too see more, but my will wasn't going to allow me to consciously kill anything. I explored the house, even thought I would have never expected to act this way after my beloved mother's death, I was indeed curious. I found myself at my parent's room door, and without thought my hand was turning the doorknob before I even thought to. Disguarding the fact, I explored further. I entered the room to find my father slaughtered in a pool of blood that was half soaked into the bedsheets. I didn't smell anything akward, and I had been told dead bodies had a distinct odor. I didn't care, I left him to die if he was alive...my own beloved father. Then I ventured back into the living room where mother's body was, she let out a bloody cough and I took a calm step back, watching her closely. Her hand twitched, and then I lost my consciousness again...seconds later, I come back to reality and my foot was on her neck, which was nearly flat.
Now I was entirely myself, I could control my every thought and movement...I wounder how I could've possibley done such a thing. I was brought to tears almost immediately...I had no idea what to do. So I ran, I had to make sure I never killed again. Soon my running came to a jog, and then to a walk, and finnaly I was dreading every step. How could so much have gone wrong, why would I do that to my family...Then I remembered, the demon. In all the exitement, I'd forgotten to remember what'd happened before. The sky was growing dark, and I had come to a dirt trail, and that was when I heard its' voice for the first time. "So your name is Zanoke is it...?" said a gloomy, but ominous voice from what sounded like all directions. I looked around to see where it'd come from in confusion. "Zanoke, why do you think it is that you killed your mother and father with a smile on your face?" said the voice. Enraged, I responded
"How do you know about that!?"
"How wouldn't I know...I was there."
"It wasn't my fault! I didn't want to do it!" I said getting nervous, still looking for the source of the voice.
"Calm down boy...if you look closey on your left arm you'll see something I think'll interest you."
I looked onto my arm and saw what looked liked tribal markings from my shoulder down, my long-sleeve shirt had covered it. Upon closer examination the markings went to my chest, and all the way down my left side. "Look closer..." said the voice as if it were aware of all of this already. I did just that, trusting the voice a little, and upon closer examination I found a rather insignificant scar upon the front of my shoulder. It looked like it'd been done with a small sharp object. "Your father did that with a safety pin as he resisted your murder."
"How do you know all of this!?" I said getting angry again, and continuing to look for the voice.
"Because Zanoke, I was there...I drove you to do it." hissed the voice menacingly.
"What the hell do you mean!? Did you do all of these marks on my body? What kind of sick freak are you?"
"Shut up!" Hissed the voice with a more ominous tone than ever. "And stop looking for me...I'm right here." As the voice spoke my entire left side burned furiously with pain. I thought my arm would implode, or I hoped it. When the pain subsided, the voice continued. "I'm inside of you, I am you, I killed your family...with your body. I also suggest you cooperate, or I might have to cast you out of this vessal."
"You're the thing that attacked me in the forest?" I said franticly, not yet interpreting the words that were echoing through my head.
"Not anymore...now, I am you, and we are one." said the voice. I went quiet, and took a seat on the side of the path. "Don't worry boy, I will make this worth your while, I've been going through your mind and I see many things that interest me about you. But if you push me I won't hesistate to get rid of you permenently; unlike before..."
"What do you mean." I responded looking at the ground with a blank expression upon my face.
"To put it simply, whenever you become overly exited, or angry, I get to take over. And when you resist, I will kill...but don't think this is all bad, for you are granted my powers." said the voice raising my left hand creating a ball of light that gave off a radiant energy. It was a black ball of light, which I found kind of odd. The ball subsided by growing smaller until it was non-existant.
"What was that?" I asked curiously
"Dark-energy...You'll learn to use it as your body fully accepts me."
"I'm free to use it as I wish?" I said beggining to consider what I could do.
"Yes, why not...but tell nobody about me, or you'll find them dead. And make friend's at your own risk...if you anger me I'll take control of you in your sleep when you can't resist. You won't even remember, like today."
"...Why did you kill them?"
"To let you know who's in charge...remember...I'm letting you live..."

And eventually...I accepted it. I must admit I was rather reluctant, but soon with my new power, I didn't mind the death of others, or even when I was brought to murder them, as I killed a few people just to test my powers. I became somewhat of a sadist, but I was like a child with a new toy, after I played with it accessively for a long time, I became content with it and used it as it was needed. I was only 12 back when the demon first entered me. But as the years past and I traveled further, my sadism was more of my own. Me and my demon counterpart never really got along, it killed anyone I got close to in fear I would start becoming normal again. Through the years I learned what the life of a person was worth, and I became silent and seemingly bitter. I didn't want to hurt anyone anymore...so I stopped attempting to make friends, and tried not to attract to much attention. I even became an insomniac, afraid to sleep at the thought the demon would kill innocent people...Even I didn't want that. There hasnt been a day I haven't had nitemares, some revealing bits and pieces about that day when I killed my parents...and it'll be six years tommorow.

I awoke for the day that marked my 18th birthday. Alot had changed in the past six years with the demon within me...There were many more demons lurking around earth, and mine was only the first. Humans and demons lived together, but I can't say they exactly got along. There were demons that resembled humans, and eventually the species mixed. In the world that today had become, I was considered a half-demon. I dreaded this title, ever since that day when I was granted this curse, I haven't been able to muster a smile. I always wear a bitter-optimistic like expression on my face. As for where I live, I don't. In other words, I'm a wanderer, or a traveler, but I lack purpose. I fear if I stay in one place to long, I'll make friends, and the demon side of me really doesn't appreciate friendship.
Of course, there are many disagreements between the two races, the worlds of demon and human have roughly merged. I walk the thin line in the middle, for both sides choose to pick fights with me. Some say there will one day be a war, resulting in only pure blooded beings inhabiting this planet, as it was long ago. Somedays I wounder to myself...I wounder what side I'll choose, if I'll choose...and other days I just don't care to consider such possibilities. Today, on my birthday- I find myself walking a path to a village called Tera. I made a rule not to stay somewhere more than a week, and I have yet to actually stay somewhere that long. I think that is what distinguishes me as a traveler...From now on I'll label myself as just that...a traveler. It's my birthday present to me.
I took the dirt trail all the way to Tera, to avoid attracting attention anywhere else. With my red cloak draped over my brown vest, with straps holding my cloak on my body at various places where a button might've been, I often attracted a few odd looks. There were also stitches in my cloak from the one time when a demon actually touched me in a fight over my resting place. My hair didn't stand out to much though, it was ebony, and spikey to an extent, but it went in many different directions originating from a part that I blindly put in myself. I never let it get long, because it annoys me when it's long. The thing that would stand out most from me was my eyes, one was a crimson with dark, blood red around the pupil, and the other- was yellow, with lime around the pupil. But lastly, my golden, spiral thumb ring that came from a dear friend, it was my most cherished possession, and people liked to ask me where I got it.
Finnaly, I arrived at my destination: Tera. It was a human village, but demons seemed to incorperate thier population in many places where it was least expected. I walked through the village, but for some reason got odd looks...I was turning heads. Eventually I looked for a scarcely populated area, ignoring the looks I was getting. But everywhere I went, eyes were following me- not only could I feel it, but they didn't bother to hide the fact that they were plainly glaring at me. As I walked the stone trail, someone approached me, standing in the way of the direction I was walking. He was an average man at first glance, but his clothes were that of poor man simply because of the battered pants and jacket he wore. Acting quickly I walked around him, and then another person, a woemn this time, stepped in front of me, glaring furiously. She wore clothes that looked about worth the same as the last villager's. This time I stopped, but said nothing. I simpley returned the glare. The person spoke aggressively "What are you doing in our village...?" I looked back at her with the same expression I always wore, unphased by her words.
"Do you have something against travelers?" I said awsering her question with one of my own.
"We have something against demons" she said holding her fierce glare.
"May I ask why?" I responded calmly
"You have no right prying into our business," she retorted
"Well then...I just wish to stay for one night, I hope you don't mind," I said looking at her unblinkingly.
"We do mind, and we'd appreciate it if you left our village," she said hightening her tone. The women was beggining to annoy me, but I attempted to hold back my anger. Unfortunately, the villages cheered at her statement, which further angered me.
"Get over it, I won't harm you or your pathetic village," I said boldly. The villagers began to huddle around the commotion in a rather big circle. I wanted to stay here, and I was going to be stubborn...I had been walking for 2 or 3 days with little rest.
"Don't push us demon! We'll kill you where you stand." My initial response was to tell dare them to do such a thing, but I choose to spare thier lives. The tension grew with every second I was silent, but then, a girl come out of the crowd around us to my side. She was dressed in a higher quality than most of the crowd, she stood out actually. She was a beautiful girl...She was shorter than me, about 5'7", and beatifully shaped, she had long crimson hair that rested gracefully upon her upper back, her eyes were just as red as her hair, if not more so. Little did I know, she would be the cause of much pain in my future...
"Stop! We can let him stay for just one night Jenna!"said the red haired girl.
"Damnit Yagumi, don't you remember the last time we let a demon live in our town?!" said the women who was apperantly Jenna. I heard the name, and it took awhile for it to make sense, but when it did I couldn't help but wounder...Is this the Yagumi I know from my childhood...? I didn't mention it, I didn't plan too...even if it was her, what would she have to say to me after my parents were found murdered and I was gone. I wasn't allowed any more time to ponder, as the arguement continued.
"He said he only wanted to stay one night, I'll moniter him myself," said Yagumi defensively.
"Why are you defending him Yagumi?" said Jenna, in a loud confused voice.
"Because, he doesn't look like he's a demon...I bet he isn't really a demon, that man could've lied!" said Yagumi, then she turned to me and continued "I bet you're not a demon are you Mr..." she trailed off not knowing what to call me. I looked at her with a blank expression.
"Call me Zano..." I said politely, "And I'm afraid I am a demon...half-demon anyway." I finished. She looked away in seeming dissapointment, but quickly turned back to Jenna to state
"You see, he is part human, he has sense enough to be tolerable." said Yagumi.
"Wait...why did you think I was a demon in the first place?" I said to Yagumi.
"The last demon that attacked our village said there would be a demon who resembled a human that would finish our town off." interrupted Jenna.
"Yes...exactly. So we've been on guard for the past 5 days, since we slayed the demon."added Yagumi. First, I woundered if there was truth in the demon's statement...it wouldn't be the first time I'd massicred a village in my sleep. That was because for the most part, I'd learned to stay calm, my anger wasn't considered an issue, and exitement was rare. The demon could mostly only come out in my sleep, leading me to become more of an insomniac. Secondly, I doubted this group of humans could possibley had slain a demon. I didn't comment on it though, didn't want to start another arguement...
"I see...then you have reason for caution, and if you do choose to let me stay here, I thank you for doing so under such circumstances." I bluffed, trying to seem more polite. I couldn't care less about these people, I just was passing through...but I did want to stay, the whole Yagumi incident has given me reason to stay. The villagers talked amoungst themselves, and Jenna went back into the crowd. Yagumi glared at Jenna with expecting eyes. And I stood there, with my eyes fixed on the houses of the village. All went silent as Jenna stepped forward and announced
"You may stay the night..."
--------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 2:Memories
Yagumi led me too a room, and to even my surprise, showed me much hospitality. She gave me a cold glass of water, the first one I'd had in a few months. She also provided me with a very confurtable bed, and warm sheets. ["Would you like more water?"] While she did all of this, I stayed quiet, thinking...could she really be the Yagumi I was once friends with?
"Would you like more water?" I heard finnaly. "Hello? Mr. Zano?" she continued, having gotten my attention fully. I looked up at her from the bed, which I'd been sitting on for some time now.
"Uh..no thank you. I'm fine, really..." I responded coming back to reality.
"Ok then...if you need anything don't hesitate to yell for me. I'm just in the other room, and this is my house by the way..." she said with a smile. She turned and began to walk out of the room, but I had to ask, it was plaguing me.
"Wait!" I said abruptly. "I need to know something.."
"What is it?" she said curiously as she turned around, slightly startled from my yelling.
"...Why did you help me back there, when everyone else seemed to want me gone so badly?" I said to start the conversation off. I didn't think it would be right to just bluntly ask if she remembered the kid who killed his parents and dissapeared.
"I'm not so sure myself...I feel like I can trust you though. You seem honest enough." she said looking directly at me, piercing through my own shy eyes. I couldn't look her in the eye, considering the possibility of her actually being the Yagumi I knew.
"Is that it...you don't feel as if we've...met before?" I said woundering if she would catch the hint.
"No... is that some kind of joke? A pickup line perhaps..?" she said unsatisfied with my statement.
"No, not at all." I said dismissing her false suspicions. "You just remind me of someone I guess.." She walked towards me across the hardwood floor and sat on the bed next to me with a concerned look on her face.
"Something you would like to talk about..?"
"No, it's nothing." I said staring toward the floor.
"What's her name?" she said prying. I looked at her oddly, confused as to her intentions. I decided to let her in on a few things, but I thought I might have to lie to fill in the blanks.
"She has the same name as you." I said looking back at the floor.
"Oh...what was she to you?"
"A friend...a close one."
"What happened?" she said simpley, searching for my eyes which were fixed on the floor as my mind raced.
"I...ran away from home when I was young, and never saw her again. I miss the people from my childhood, they're part of who I was..." I lied believabley.
"Do I look like her as well?" she asked curiously.
"With the red hair and those eyes...yes, quite a bit." I said, relieved of some tension.
"I'm sorry about your loss...perhaps I can find out what happened to her, there are quite a few travelers in this village, there's bound to be one who's been to your hometown. Where're you from?" It seemed she loved to pry. I didn't mind all of the questions but I couldn't help notice how nosey she was towards a stranger.
"It was called Nivelhiem..." I answered.
"I've never heard of it...but someone has to have had to.." she continued. She got up and began to walk out again without another word. "Anything else Mr. Zano?"
"Yes, one thing...call me Zanoke." I said watching her leave and shut the door. I heard a click, which was the door locking. I lay down in the bed and observed the room. There were many paintings and portraits, I was assuming they were Yagumi's family in the portraits. The paintings were that of rich tastes, so I was led to believe Yagumi was just that, rich. I didn't hear anyone else though, and the building seemed fairly big from the small part I traveled to get to the room I reside in. This led me to further ponder if she had any family, but I wouldn't complicate the situation by getting into her life. I got bored observing the room, and seeing as I hadn't had the pleasure of sleeping in a bed for so long, I decided to take advantage by enjoying as many hours as I could muster without having to worry about the demon within me getting any ideas...

-:Flashback:-
I was walking home from my usual hangout in the forest when I spotted Yagumi crying. I crouched down by her and asked "What's wrong" confused and concerned as to why she was upset. She sniffed and coughed and began to pull herself together.
"My parents had a fight Zano..." she weeped innocently. "They said they're getting a divorce...I don't want them to split up!" she said before continuing to cry louder than before. I hugged her and held her, trying to make myself cry, but I couldn't, as much as I wanted to. I wanted to show her how much I sympathized, I could never imagine my parents splitting up.
"It'll be okay Yagumi, maybe they'll make up."
"No! They're not getting back together! They're splitting up!" she yelled struggling in my arms. I held her just the same.
"You can stay at my house tonight Yagumi, it'll be okay, I promise."
"Can you really promise me that Zano?"
"I think so...I know I can!"
"Thanks Zano" she said finnaly shedding her last tear.
"Anytime..." I said. I helped her up, and walked her back to my house for the night...
-:End Flashback:-

I awoke to see Yagumi crouched in a corner of "my" room, holding her knees quietly. I rubbed my eyes confused as to why she would be in a corner. It looked like she was bleeding from her face, and upon further examination, she was shaking. I got out of bed coming to my senses, and she flinched furiously, digging into the corner. "What the hell's your problem?" I asked yawning. She stared wide-eyed and remained silent. "Whatever...not in the mood to talk or something? It's your business whatever you did to yourself...I won't pry. Tell me one thing though, find any information on Nivelheim?" I said avoiding my curiousity. She stared at me quietly with sad, watery eyes.
"It's gone Mr. Zano!" she shrieked flinching back into the corner again.
"What the hell...mind standing?" I said questioning my own statement, and ignoring hers.
"Yes Mr.Zano!" she said slowly getting up, not taking her scared eyes off me. I looked myself over, I looked normal...well as normal as I ever came to look. She was starting to get on my nerves, but just the slightest bit. I dismissed my anger and continued.
"Call me Zano, I told you that aready. And stop being so damn polite, be yourself." I said in a casual tone dispite the aggressive words. She stood to her feet slowly, took a deep breath in, then exhaled shortly after. She seemed to have pulled herself together, but she stared at the floor blankly. Has she lost her mind? Whats was happening?
"What's wrong with you?"
"You...attacked me, just minutes ago. Don't you remember?" she said with a quiver still in her voice. I attacked her? In my sleep...the damned demon. Why did you attack her? What did she do? I thought, waiting for a response.
"I just didn't want you thinking you were going to settle down and live a happy life here." the demon said within me.
Fine...then I'll leave now, you didn't harm anyone else did you?
"You'll see..."
What? Tell me! What else did you do while I was asleep? There was no awser...I walked outside of the house, finding blood scattered around various parts of the floor, but no bodies around. As I exited the house, I saw the entire village in ruins. Buildings were smashed, bodies were crippled and fractured, blood was everywhere, every body had a look of agony upon its' face. The thing that stood out was, Jenna happened to be at the doorstep, or at least half of her. She was missing an arm, a leg, and the upper half of her head, her mouth was bent out of shape with agony 10x that of the other villagers. It sickened even me to see such a massicre as this. "Why did you leave her alive? By herself?" I asked the demon, but once again, there was no answer. I went back into the room I'd slept in to find Yagumi passed out on the floor with a puddle of blood by the left side of her head. "She stinks like blood...that smell burns my eyes..." I said to myself, noticing my eyes were completely bloodshot as I looked into a broken piece of glass below a painting. The room seemed gloomy now, I couldn't stay any longer. Unfortunately I was feeling a sense of emotion today, and it chose to form itself as guilt. I couldn't leave Yagumi here in this down, not only because of the slight guilt I felt, but I guess I'd temporarely replaced her with the Yagumi from my past.
I picked her up from the floor gently and healed her neck, which had 4 parralel cuts going diagnally down. I guess I have the demon to thank for that, I can use the dark energy to heal, and destroy. It never explained the details in that little mystery. I walked Yagumi to the door and stepped over Jenna's body, beggining to walk from the city when she sprung to life in my arms. It was the after-effects of the dark energy healing her, she'd be fine...but she'd be in quite some pain for about 60 seconds. Enough pain to wake anyone up from any coma. I laid her on the ground and let her brave the pain for the remaining time. Her eyes grew bloodshot and demonic, and her veins bulged from her neck as her body twitched. When it was over, she tried to stand, but fainted again. I picked her up again and left the village, crossing over many dead bodies in the process, with looks of atrocious pain on thier faces. As I walked, woundering where to go next, I slipped off into thought...
------------------------------------------
Chapter 3:The Misanthropic
"Have you seen Yagumi? I heard her parents were getting divorced so she ran away!"
"Kino, she's a mess...I found her in the forest crying."
"Oh? What where you doing in the forest Zano? Hugging trees again?"
"I was thinking about a few things I needed to sort out, on my way home I spotted her."
"Ah...what'd you do? Where is she now?"
"I think I helped, at least a little...or I'd like to think I did. She's staying at my house now, you know how my parents don't mind. They talked to her parents this morning and explained everything. She's going to stay with her mom, here."
"That's great! So everything's back to normal now?"
"Well...she's quiet lately..."
"What do you mean?"
"Think of it this way Kino, how would you feel if your mother and father split up, and you were forced to continue living as you are without one of them?"
"You're right...tell her I said she can talk to me whenever there's a problem."
"You know what Kino...I just might do that..."
-:End Flashback:-
Where is the next town, I've been walking for 2 hours...perhaps I'm going the wrong way. Yagumi's been sleep the whole time, she should be waking up soon...I don't want her waking up in my arms and getting the wrong idea. I'd decided to set up camp for the night, it was getting dark already. To think, I'd just woken up to another dead town, and it was all my fault that so many people'd been slaughtered...again. I stopped aside the trail I was on, leading to the next city. I put Yagumi down, and created a ball of dark energy in my hand, concentrating on keeping it dense. It wasn't as hard as it looked, in moments a small glob about 3 centimeters in diameter, grew to a well rounded ball of darkness, about 4 inches in diameter. I threw it into a tree, creating a trail marker to find my position, and picked up Yagumi carrying her further away from the trail. I set her down in a comfertable field of grass, where there was a small patch of dirt that looked suited for a fireplace.
I went out to gather firewood, deep into the trees past the fields of grass. I went in deeper and deeper until I was completely surrounded, then I formed 2 balls of dark energy, one in each hand. I threw them out into the forest around me, and made more, throwing them out as they formed. As they hit the trees they had been aimed toward, they imploded, causing the tree to tumble down sloppily. I planned to knock down an abundance of wood, and before long, I had. As the fog of dust and firt cleared, I took about half of the tree's I'd knocked down, noticing I'd gotten carried away. I couldn't take them all at once, so I took two. They weren't too big, I could carry two at a time, over my shoulders. Upon arriving back to where I'd set Yagumi, I'd found something I'd been cautious to avoid...
A demon, and unlike the one that dwelled within me, this one was physical. This paticular demon had wings like a bat's, yet they were green wings. It drooled with stupidity standing over Yagumi's body. It had teeth resembling that of a sabertooth tiger's, and a mouth to match it. It's eyes were huge, and had diolated pupils furthering it's non-intelligent appearance. And as for its' facial expression, it looked dumbstruck. Aside from his stupid looks, the demon looked rather strong physically. It had a plump, durable looking chest, and a defined stomach, making it somewhat intimidating. But it didn't entirely outmatch me, for I had more tricks up my sleeve than I'd been willing to show. I'm pretty sure the demon used my rare power when it slaughtered the village using my body. That should give a clue as to what I have in store for this demon. I dropped the trees I had, and approached the demon without apperant caution. It didn't notice me, instead it just stood there, drooling over Yagumi's seemingly lifeless body. I decided to take action before it did, I decided to annoy it for fun. Not to mention if I didn't, it would eventually think to kill Yagumi, for the stupid demons were the most ruthless.
I flung a tree at its' back, making it look back and notice me. It drooled as it turned around, slowly, using it's arms to aid it in moving like a gorrilla would. It approached me slowly, before confronting me face to face. I glared back at it blankly, and it sickened me to look into its' eyes. I wanted to kill it, but I had to be calm. After a long period of staring, it grunted and swung at me slowly, in response, I ducked looking quite dissapointed. "I expected some fun in slaying you, but I guess I was wrong, wasn't I?" I said, trying to bring out some rage in the demon. It worked as planned, the predictable demon grunted, hurling its' massive fist at me from above, as it hit the ground, Yagumi twitched from the quake it delivered to the earth. I took a quick step back easily avoiding the attack without thought, and the demon looked to see if it had gotten me. That's when I struck..I put my hands together, with my fingers fully extended and chanted "Ekda montral-Ekda montral-Ekda montral- Ekda montral- Ekda montral..."
It was necromancy, a magic I'd picked up on my travels at a rather unorthadox village. I suppose you could call this turnout a benifit of my travels, but instead of convieniance, it seemed more like fate. The chanting was an encantation, it worked by combining the magics of necromancy with my own dark energy to manifest the fabled Sword of Shadows through my hands. It was a black aura-like object at first, then the glow faded into a blade with unmatched power. The blade itself was sharp, and quite long; about 23" to be more exact. The base was originally black, with a royal like shape to it, but it gained a red tally mark for every soul it'd slain, so needless to say, it was covered past campacity. It was heavy, but I'd learned to deal with physical properties of the sword, that was the easiest part. They say such power is addicted, and this fabled sword is indeed powerful. Finnaly, to begin the onslaught I wielded the sword.
As it noticed I'd wielded a weapon, it attacked me with even more fury. It flung its fists at me from one massive arm, then the other. I easily dodged the attack by swiftly hopping to my right, and ducking under the 2nd swing. Then it attacked me again from the left , I countered by jumping onto its' sturdy fist. I was getting bored of this demon, and decided it was time to finish this "battle". I ran up its' arm (Surprised it showed absolutely no recoil from my steps) and jumped into the air, using my wieght and strength together to attempt to cut it in half. It tried to block by moving its' arm in the path of the blade, a common reflex in defense of any weapon. I sliced through his defense, cutting his forearm off, and landing aside of it. It twitched furiously and squirt blue blood from its limbs, as it clutched its' elbow in pain of his missing forearm. Acting quickly to silence it, I spun and stabbed it in the stomach before jumping to rip the demon in half from its' middle. I landed in from of the demon's now deformed head. I didn't turn to look at it, instead, I closed my eyes as I walked over it, toward the dead trees I'd taken. I didn't bother to avoid stepping through organs and blood.
I picked up the two trees, bringing them to Yagumi's side opposite from the soon to be fire-pit. I used the bloody sword to cut the trees into wood of all different sizes, then built a fire. Using a lower form of necromancy, I made a fireball in my hand and dropped it onto the unlit wood igniting the huge pile. I carried Yagumi further away from the fire to avoid it burning her, but close enough to keep her warm in the soon to come night sky. Next, I grabbed what remained of the demon I'd slain, and threw it into the fire making ashes and embers fly in every direction. I watched its body burn as I threw the plump arm as far as I could into the forest. This is the story of a man infected by a demon, who is not accepted by either species. At the same time this is the story of a man who needs no such acceptance...
Zano walked his house looking for Yagumi, she was going home to her mother in an hour. He walked to his room and checked to see if she was still asleep to discover her in the corner crouched over on her knees messing with her arm.
"Yagumi! Are you ok?" said Zano curiously.
"Go away, I need to be alone right now..." said Yagumi turning away, hiding a razor in her hand, and moving her arm out of Zano's view.
"You can talk to me. You said you'd trust me." Zano continued unaware of the razor.
"I don't need this right now Zano, just leave me alone!" Screeched Yagumi.
"What's wrong with you...and why are you bleeding?" Zano asked exitedly, seeing blood on the floor to the left of Yagumi.
"It's nothing! Go away!" Yagumi yelled crouching further into the corner.
"Have you been cutting yourself? Yagumi! What the hell is wrong with you?" said Zano angrily, slowly taking a few steps toward her.
"I told you to go away and leave me alone!" said Yagumi clutching the razor tightly in her hands.
"I told you everything would be okay, I promised." said Zano calmly.
"Yea but...it's not..." cried Yagumi.
"It will be, it's gonna take some time though." explained Zano approaching her.
"Well then..." Yagumi paused.
"Then you're done here, let's get you home" Zano said hoping for resolution.
"No...It's taking too long!" shrieked Yagumi as she slid the razor across her throat.
"No! Yagumi! Somebody help..."

Distinct Gaian

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Well? What do you think? Read up, and please report any mistakes. It's all ever so appreciated.

Distinct Gaian

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
And for those of you who are woundering, yes, this is my first novel. Hence why I lack common skills. To me, my writing seems re-petitive...prove me wrong, please.
you could get this published!

Distinct Gaian

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
warewolfandloner100
Thank you.
Ryosakai
warewolfandloner100
Thank you.
I demand more!

Distinct Gaian

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
No more than one chapter a week.
I only have 3 more to give out.
Ryosakai
damn! you can't even im it to me?

Distinct Gaian

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
warewolfandloner100
Ryosakai
Sorreh, nu. You'll get it when everyone else does biggrin

Spoiler: Chapter 4 is goreh 3nodding 3nodding
Ryosakai
warewolfandloner100
Ryosakai
Sorreh, nu. You'll get it when everyone else does biggrin

Spoiler: Chapter 4 is goreh 3nodding 3nodding
damn! did you have to tell me that now I want it even more!

Distinct Gaian

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Suspense is the fuel of amusement XP
Ryosakai
Suspense is the fuel of amusement XP
maybe for you! everything I like that I read today is something I have to wait to get more of sad

Distinct Gaian

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
For me to release more, I'm gonna need more than one fan. Errrm...>>

Distinct Gaian

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Ryosakai