Welcome to Gaia! ::

Raspberry Regicide's Honey Bun

Heroic Werewolf

10,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
So I posted a story I wrote in my journal, posted publicly. It's a test to see how well I am as a writer, if I have what it takes possibly become a novelist. Yes, I understand the short story I wrote is nothing compared to a novel, but again, it's merely a test.

What I need is honest feedback. Be brutally honest with me on it. The doesn't mean to give me only negative feedback on it, positive feedback is also a necessary component, but I welcome any feedback, I know I need it.

I'm not the greatest writer ever, nor do I claim to be, but I'm looking to improve and possibly finally write my own original stories for entertainment. Check out my journal. Story is posted in 3 parts. Thanks!

Feral Loiterer

Well...here is the thing.

If you plan on being an author, you need your own original ideas. If you are going to post a short as a test run for a novel, I think running with original ideas are essential.

What you've written is considered a fanfiction and isn't taken seriously in the writing world, regardless of skill or talent. Though I will admit I didn't read past realizing it was a fanfiction so I can't comment on skill or talent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff