Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Raider

6,150 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Does anyone know how to get a Literary Agent, Write up a Query Letter, and all that JAZZ in order to Publish your book?

Lonely Raider

6,150 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
I know this is a 'stupid' topic, or it may not even be in the right place, but when I look it up online, I can't find anything that is TRUSTWORTHY

Lonely Raider

6,150 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Bump...won't anyone help me? lol

Lonely Raider

6,150 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
WOW...I feel REALLY retarded because...well...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I'M NOT GETTING ANY HELP. lol
I know!!! You need to have an impressive writer's resume. I know that sounds odd. You would think that your good writing could be enough--but in this cash driven world, it isn't.

In order to build your resume, you need to get some short stories, poems,or flash fiction published. As you get these published, you can add them to you resume. People also like it when you take workshops and have college courses on writing. Haveing this experiance will help agents feel that you are a safe person to gamble on.

Agents, a safe and good agent, only get paid IF YOU GET PAID. So any new writer is a risk. But if you have the impressive resume, the risk seems safer.

Need help finding a publisher for short stories? This is the website I use: http://duotrope.com/index.aspx

It is awsesome. It will help you find the right editor.

Just be prepared to be rejected a lot. I have had about 12 rejection letters and only one acceptance letter. It is very hard to get published. Editors are biased. Just don't give up!

Lonely Raider

6,150 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Stilla Maris
I know!!! You need to have an impressive writer's resume. I know that sounds odd. You would think that your good writing could be enough--but in this cash driven world, it isn't.

In order to build your resume, you need to get some short stories, poems,or flash fiction published. As you get these published, you can add them to you resume. People also like it when you take workshops and have college courses on writing. Haveing this experiance will help agents feel that you are a safe person to gamble on.

Agents, a safe and good agent, only get paid IF YOU GET PAID. So any new writer is a risk. But if you have the impressive resume, the risk seems safer.

Need help finding a publisher for short stories? This is the website I use: http://duotrope.com/index.aspx

Just be prepared to be rejected a lot. I have had about 12 rejection letters and only one acceptance letter. It is very hard to get published. Editors are biased. Just don't give up!

thankyou so much for some POSTIVE comments, most everything i always get on here is like: look it up yourself, or why are you so stupid? blah, blah, blah, its like...i wouldn't be asking if i understood it myself!!!!!
Spikka XD
Stilla Maris

thankyou so much for some POSTIVE comments, most everything i always get on here is like: look it up yourself, or why are you so stupid? blah, blah, blah, its like...i wouldn't be asking if i understood it myself!!!!!

hey no problem smile let me know if you have anymore questions

Lonely Raider

6,150 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Stilla Maris

Uh yeah, i can't figure out how to work that site...

Lonely Raider

6,150 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
YUP. so thankyou for those of you that have helped me! and not so much who were jerks!(:

Heart Consumer

As far as I understand, most of it IS research. There are many places, and people, out there who will either steal your work or make you pay money to publish your work. So, you do have to find out yourself because you are the one who ultimately has to judge whether or not someone appears trustworthy enough to publish your work.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff