Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Nerd

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
This is my first thread in this forum, so please humor me. I'm going to try and post something every day, but don't quote me on that. I do sometime's have something better to do after school than gaia.
Maia sat at a table in the SS Freedom II 's mantinence bay, fiddling with a fiber-optic laser sighting system to her friend's personal weapon. She looked up, to see her commanding officer, Colonel Sandiego, standing in the doorway.
Maia quickly abandoned Brent's laser sight to stand and salute the only Colonel on the small ship.
Maia was the engineer on the Space Ship Freedom II. she was one of the youngest in the National Space Protection Agency (NSPA) ever to be taken into space. Maia didn't wear what most officer's wore when in space. they usually wore the uncomfortable uniform that no one wanted to wear. Maia wore camoflauge Cargo pants, a black tank top, and snowboarding boots.
"at ease officer." colonel Sandiego said. "I hope this isn't personal. you know that isn't allowed while on duty."
"It isn't. it's for Lieutenant Brent Ryans." Maia said, standing in the at-ease position, wishing she could sit on the edge of the table.
Sounds cool so far....wow the names of things are sooo long O.o....mind boggling for me since I like to break down words and make them simple...haha I like it so far...keep going you don't read many sci-fi thingies these days and your space ship thinger sounds cool
wink wink
What kind of stuck out to me was that you started three sentences in a row with "Maia". Try to use a different word like "Sitting up quickly, Maia-" or "Not often did Maia wear a proper uniform-"

Chatty Nerd

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Okay. I'll try to keep that in mind. don't start every sentance with the char's name. oh, and if anyone happens to have a list of military ranks lying around, could you send me a copy? I know a few (thank you stargate!!) but not many.
"well good. I don't really feel like handing out punishment's right now." Colonel Sandiego said, looking at her suspiciously. "as it is, are you not supposed to be in uniform?"
"no sir, I'm off duty right now." Maia replied. she picked up the laser-sight and started fiddling with it, while leaning on the table behind her. she didn't care if she got courtmarshelled anymore. she was off duty.
Turning away, Colonel Sandiego smiled and walked out of the room.
"bout time he left." a voice from the doorway said. Groaning, Maia turned around, about to tell the visitor to leave, she was busy. but she didn't. she turned around to see Brent.
"Brent!!" She squealed, puting the laser sight down on the table hap-hazardly and running, throwing her arm's around his neck, hugging him.
"I prefer my neck attached, thanks." he laughed, hugging her back.
"I'm almost done. I'm using my off time to work on it, the colonel'd kill me if I did it on-duty."
"I thought you said an engineer was never technically 'off duty'." Brent smiled, quoting her directly from one of their previous talks.
"ha ha. It is to laugh." she picked up a screw and threw it at him. catching it, he threw it back at her.
"hey! your not supposed to catch it! don't forget! this is a matinence bay!! there IS fragile stuff here!!" she threw the screw at him, quickly turning around and picking up a screw driver and Brent's laser-sight. she knew he wouldn't risk it getting broken, he probably wouldn't get it back. smiling, she turned to the table and finished fixing it.
"there. done." she said, passing it to him.

Chatty Nerd

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
well. no one posted. I'll just have nothing to say OOC in this post. maybe in my next one. oh, and I don't need a list of military ranks anymore, I found a site on the net that gave me a list, and pic's of what the rank sholder thingy looks like. very interesting stuff *snores*
An alarm went off, that told everyone who was supposed to be on the bridge, get there, and if not, get out of the hall's into the nearest room. Maia was sometime's needed on the bridge when the alarm went off, but she wasn't able to leave her room if other people were in it, which they were now. three of four people entered the room unhappily. one asked her if there was a bathroom connected to this mantenance bay, and after she pointed to it, She looked around. Brent had gone, as he was second lieutenant, He was needed on the bridge along with other high-ranking officer's.
A call came out for the ship engineer, so she told everyone to get out of the room. once everyone was gone, (which took a while, as she had to wait for the guy in the bathroom) She locked the door and left, running down the near-empty hall's to the bridge.
Stopping for a second to catch her breath outside the door's, Maia walked into the room, looking to see who was there that she needed to salute to. Seeing that she was the lowest ranking officer there, she just stood and saluted everyone in the room at once, looking at no one. With that done, Maia walked up to the highest-ranking officer, Colonel Sandiego.
"What's wrong?" she asked him, saluting shortly.
cool idea

Chatty Nerd

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
thanks! well the aformentioned military ranks that I printed out are coming in handy at home. I am an avid watcher of "Stargate SG-1" and can never tell their exact rank, and now I can! yay!
"We're being shot at by mulitple targets. Our engines were one of the first thing's hit, so we now only have one working engine, with minimal life support if we want to move anywheres or shoot back. Can you do anything?" The colonel asked calmly, as another weapon's blast rocked the ship. Maia looked outside, to see a ship at least twice the size of the Freedom II.
"I don't know, there's little that I can do from the inside, it'll mostly be outside damage. But I might be able to boost the current working engine to be able to move away and not loose life support." She said, thinking of the generator she had been working on. It had been ruined in a recent brawl, and she had started fixing it a few week's ago. It was able to work, but only at three quarter's it's full capacity.
"Okay. As long as we can move away. Go." Colonel Sandiego said, nodding while yet another part of the ship's sheilds were hit. they left the shield's down while cruising, as it used much-needed energy.
Maia ran off towards the alternate matinence bay, where Maia stored almost-finished projects, or really big projects, to get the generator.

Chatty Nerd

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Well. not many people are replying to this, which make's me wonder if people are even reading it. If you do read my story, please reply, even if it's just a 'it sucks'. I love feedback. especially the positive kind. whee
It took her ten minutes, but she found the generator. The only problem was, it was a big generator, and Maia was a small person. There was no way she was going to be able to move it, without some help. And the people who would help her were banned from the hall's as long as those damn alarms were going off. Oh well... they never were big on rule's.
Maia pulled a small radio out of one of her pockets, and pressed a button and talked into it.
"Guy's, come to maintenance bay 2, I need help moving something."
they didn't respond, but she knew why. when she called them for help, it was urgent, usually. sometime's she simply called them to see how fast they'd get there.
They got there in record time, with the hall's empty. When they saw her leaning on the generator she hadn't quite finished fixing, they almost turned around again, heading back to their room's. She stopped them soon enough, telling them to help her move the generator to the engine room. They moaned, they weren't supposed to help her move stuff, but they did anyway's. She was the ship engineer, meaning she was supposed to move stuff herself. but she wasn't very strong, yet, so they 'volunteered' to help her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff