Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greyscale

--There used to be something that I could hold onto when I was little. When I was scared or upset, that would be the thing that I would consult. Normal people scare me. They're too judgmental. And happy. Too much happy. How can any living thing survive with that much joy harboring in their soul? There has to be sadness somewhere. That's just how life is.--

Aelfric held the small, handmade doll in his hands. Plain grey fabric, buttons for eyes, and stitches for a mouth. Not quality, but enough. Dirty and tattered, it seemed as if the stitched mouth had, over time, turned downward into an awkward frown. He looked at the doll a few moments longer, then turned to the mirror on the wall. Darkness clouded his mind.

--Only a selected few are privileged enough to reside in complete oblivion. Away from the broken world that we live in. We've broken it. We've shattered it into the little pieces of society that exist. We're the ones who created segregation. We've brought it against ourselves, and there's nothing that we can do to change it. It is inevitable. Once we create something, it can never be undone until all the shards from the mirror of life are collected and pieced back together, so that the reflection is as it once was.--

He looked at himself in the mirror. Crimson eyes, once vibrant, now seemed dull and lifeless. Alabastrine locks hung down in his face, matted with sweat. He couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't look at himself any longer. It made him sick.

--But that will never happen. For now, I think I'll just hold on to what I have. I'll let this move on. After all, that's just how life is...sad, lonely, and frightening. It's like a song without a tune; Flowing in and out, never ending, ever on...--

Leaning against the wall, Aelfric slumped down to the floor, clutching the doll to his chest. He panted, rocking himself back and forth, mumbling incoherent whispers to himself. More sweat rolled down his face and body, soaking his clothes.

--In that sense, darkness is my only friend. It is the something that I would hold on to in my times of need. My dismal haven. The shadowed light would shine through my window and seem to laugh in my face. 'You're useless,' is what it would say. 'No one loves you. They will never love you. You're different. No one hears your cryptic cries for help. You're a loser.' I'm a loser. I'll never amount to anything. I was just an unfortunate mistake. A b*****d child. The whore's get. Lucifer's first choice. Born with angel wings. I'm of two worlds, but always in the middle. That's just how life is. It's not black and white; It's greyscale.--
i love it!!!
Lovley little piece. It all works out so nicley ^_^
VERY well written. I enjoyed reading it... Keep it up!
Very, very nice. I don't think such a person would make a good lead character if you went into a longer novel, but for this size of a work it is suited perfectly. However, I'm confused near the end ( I'm stupid, bare with me ). What exactly is he doing? Some of the descriptions make me thing of self-pleasure, which wouldn't be entirely out of this stories realm, but the more innocent part of my mind leads me to think he IS just sitting there, rocking back and forth....

Clarify? n n;
UglyDisneyPrincess
Very, very nice. I don't think such a person would make a good lead character if you went into a longer novel, but for this size of a work it is suited perfectly. However, I'm confused near the end ( I'm stupid, bare with me ). What exactly is he doing? Some of the descriptions make me thing of self-pleasure, which wouldn't be entirely out of this stories realm, but the more innocent part of my mind leads me to think he IS just sitting there, rocking back and forth....

Clarify? n n;

it was sort of like that w/ me... but i have thought it over and (this is a stupid q)

WHAT IS THE FRIGGIN' PLOT?
oo; *blinks* ...Em...ye...I said that he was just sitting there rocking back and forth, and tis what he's doing.

The plot is simply to state that his life is greyscale.

^^;; Sorry if I'm not to clear. This was actually supposed to be a prologue for another story of mine, but I never got finished with it. So....I'm sorry? ^^;;
um, ok. will there ever any continuations or updates?
Em, not sure, to be honest ^^; I mean, I got to writing the second chapter and then stopped. I suppose I could, but...meh, it all depends on if people want me to or not ^^;;
there are quite a few here! please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very interesting character...more?
Yes, please write more! biggrin
i agree
write more
yay! more peoples on my side!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items