Welcome to Gaia! ::

Number Of Views

+1 1 100.0% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 14 ]

Invisible Genius

Invisible Genius

Chapter One

The rain came pouring down as though it would never stop, thunder sounding over head as blasts of light shot through out the sky's, causing the dark eerie clouds to look even more crude. The small dirt road didn't leave much hope that the fearful feeling would pass. The splatters of rain on the window caused a slight narrowed gaze from the small beauty in the passenger seat. Slumped over with arms pulled across her chest, she seemed to be in a state of distress. Of course, if you'd spent the last 3 hours in a car with some strange man, you wouldn't be feeling any peachier then she. The weather only added to her foul mood. It was as though mother nature had created this storm simply to match how she felt. Slowly, the tree's passing by seemed to grow less and less often, changing into more of a field of sorts. Why she was being taken to god knows where, was something that wasn't completely sure. Her life hadn't been that great before, but it was nothing to complain about. Her father and mother had died when she was little, so she went to live with the Gorfs. They hadn't adopted her, only cared for her while the 'government' tried to find her a home. She honestly didn't see why she couldn't stay with the Gorfs. They were nice people...Sure they didn't really allow much of anything, though they didn't really limit her completely, besides, she knew them long enough that their ways had become something she was use to. It had been a shock to hear that she was to be given up to a new family, one who was to be her 'new' parents. "Now listen Elles, These people are good....I've known them for a while now, and they have always wanted a daughter...." The man next to her went on, giving a slight cough at the slight groan she'd given. "Now, I want you to treat them with respect. They haven't done anything wrong." He said.

"I don't see why. I mean, I'm already 17, there really isn't point in anyone 'raising' me. I'm grown. Nothing left to raise." she muttered under her breath. It was her final year in school, and she had to leave part way through the year simply because they'd finally found the right fix. Really, what was the point? To cause her to leave the little amount of friends she'd been able to make? Have her crush dump her because he hadn't wanted a long distance girl friend who he couldn't be with? He'd just started to get to the stage of trying to move further then kissing, not that she minded the stop to that. Honestly Elles never really understood why men always seem to think they should try to go further then kissing after a few weeks. Its like, the only reason they hung around you so long was to get into your pants. Not really that appealing to her really. Finally, after much time travailing, the fields parted way to houses. They were rather nice houses. The kind that one would mostly dream of living in, she could only hold onto the slight hope that at least she might have a larger room, as maybe they'll let her choose how to style it. The Gorfs hadn't let her do anything to her old room because, well it wasn't really hers. Her gaze flicked from house to house, wondering where she was going to live. She'd never met the new parents, nor did she really know anything about them besides the fact that they lived mostly in the middle of no where in a small town called 'River Falls'. Honestly, Elles hadn't known it even existed until she'd been told she was moving to it. The fact that they were moving her there to live with two people she'd never even met, well kind of scared her.

"We're almost there." Burdet stated in a tone of relief. If she hadn't thought better, Elles would have thought that he was glad to almost be rid of her. He had been appointed to take her, being as her case worker had taken a break from work and went out of country, or something like that. Not that she cared or anything, Alix wasn't any better then Burdet. She always was to fixated on how she looked then caring to see how Elles felt most of the time they saw one another. Though, Jamie had been kind. She had been the first person she'd talked to. Sadly the girl had been transferred to far for her to take on her case. The government was good at causing grief to her it seemed. It had been the government to take her away from her rightful parents, who had simply been tricked into being framed and thus, ended up in prison for, like, ever. Letting out a sigh, Elles finally began to let herself calm down, finding that they were pulling into a drive way of a large house that had a pretty good sized yard, with the added garden and a few trees that she could see herself climbing up and relaxing in. Sitting up, she moved to undo her seat belt and slowly reached to grab the cars door handle and opened the door. Burdet gave a slight sigh as he turned the car off and fallowed suit, getting out and stretching slightly as Elles tried to do the same, but not wanting to be noticed to much. Standing, she was barely 4'10', how she ended up being so short was something she could never figure out, it didn't help that people often laughed at her for it, teasing her about how she looked more like a child, well besides the fact that she was more developed then some girls who were taller. Ha, being short wasn't so bad as long as you had a chest it seemed, well at least for guys.

Finally lifting her head up, Elles glanced at the large house, taken in the beauty of it. The stone walls a dark grey. The house was most likely rather old, though well kept up. The arches and curves of the sides gave her a sort of mansion type of feeling. The windows and door seemed odd, though breath taking. Dark red sheets blocked any view into the house. The rain pattered down onto the two, quickly soaking them as they stood there before Elles finally glanced away, shifting her bag over her shoulder. The rest of her things would be brought by later by a truck. Closing the door, she began to fallow Burdet to the front door. Despite not wanting to be there, she couldn't help but wonder what the inside of the house looked like. If the outside was this amazing, surly she'd have a small interest in how the rest would look. Hey, just because she didn't want to be here, didn't mean she couldn't find at least one thing to make this less of a reason to be depressed right? The door slowly pulled itself open after a few minutes of waiting, a thin women stood on the other side, blonde hair cut just above her shoulders with soft blue eyes glancing first at the male, then over to Elles, her own blue eyes gazing up at her with an unsure feeling. Slowly a small smile began to form before the door opened more and a male appeared next to her. His hair was a sandy brown with soft brown eyes. "Well, its a pleasure to finally meet you Elles." The male said in a deep voice. "Yes, very glad. We've been waiting a long time!" the female spoke up, her voice soft and kind sounding.

"Mr. and Mrs. Bencint," She said in a mumble, no real emotion was in her tone. Burdet gave a sigh as he shifted his weight. "Sorry, she's not in the best of moods. May we come in? I'd like a small break from driving before taking off," He said hoping to get out of the rain. The two at the door blinked a few times before turning to look at him. "Oh yes, sorry." Mrs. Bencint said moving out of the way as Mr. Bencint shifted to the other side. Elles was waved in first before Burdet followed in after her. Once inside, she began to gaze around. The house was cozy and rather clean, everything seemed to have a place. It didn't take long for her to notice the books. Her gaze stopped as she found herself wondering if they read a lot. "The Gorfs told us that you love to read, so we thought we should stock up." Mrs. Bencint said shyly as she noticed Elles gaze. Snapping her gaze from the books to the women a good foot taller then her, knowing that they had been 'looking' up on her had been weird to find out. Sort of like the whole 'someone stalking me' feeling. "I know, why don't you go change deary. While Jany goes make us something to snack on and hot coco? You must be freezing from the rain." Mr. Bencint said. Elles gave a slow nod before glancing at the stairs. Where was she to go change at? As if figuring out what she was thinking, Mr. Bencint gave a small smile, "Last door at the end of the hall upstairs." Elles' gaze glanced at him before she slowly nodded and headed up the stairs to follow the hall down to the last door, she heard slight muffled voices chatting about things, mostly about her. It was odd walking through the strange house. She would have never gone wondering around alone. It was just weird.

Slowly entering the room, she found herself staring at a room the seemed...well lifeless. There was a bed, large one at that, and a dresser. Other then that, she couldn't see anything, well besides the side table with a chair and a laptop. Wait, was that for her too? She bit down onto her lower lip as she slowly entered the empty room and glanced at the white covers and the array of white pillows cluttering it. Well, at least she had a good sized bed, and the room itself was large. Possibility's began to form in her head. Shaking the thoughts away, she closed the door and pulled out a pair of jeans, and another dark T-shirt that was dry before changing from the wet, to the dry. Placing her wet close into the hamper that was in the corner of the room, she moved to set her bag down before moving through the room, finding that it had a nicely sized closet and its own bathroom. It didn't take long before Elles found herself slowly making her way back downstairs, not wanting to have them come up looking for her. She could look around her room a bit more later. the thought of calling it 'her' room was odd, but she didn't really mind it. "Glad to see you've finally come back down. I know the room is a bit..bland, but we figured you could fix it up however you like." Mr. Bencint said with a laugh as he led Elles into the dinning room where the other two waited with some cookies and warm coco. She took her own seat, glancing awkwardly at the plate before her and the cup. "Don't worry, you can have as much as you like." Mrs. Bencint said to her softly. Slowly taking a cookie, she muttered a thanks before starting to nibble at it. It was rather tasty.

It didn't take long until the conversations began back up again, Burdet and the Bencint 's talking about the trip and how Elles would be starting school up again in a few days, after she got settled in and what not. Elles herself hadn't said anything really, and hadn't really been looking forward to going to school. She hated being the 'new girl' It always caused to much attention. It didn't help that most people never thought she was in fact 17. How many times had she had to correct people? Listen to the confusion in their tone as they asked about her height. Oh, how fun it had been to explain that she was just...short. Not. Finally, after what seemed like forever, Burdet had left and the Bencint 's had allowed her to go up to her room to rest. They had gone on about knowing she'd be tired after such a trip and all. In truth, she felt fine. It wasn't the ride that had bothered her, it was where she was going, not that she would tell them that at least. "Goodnight Sweetie." Mr. Bencint said along side his wife. "Goodnight Mr-" She began before seeing them shaking their heads. "You can call us Mom and Dad now you know?" Mrs. Bencint said in a tone that hinted she was more so demanding, then asking. Elles refrained from rolling her eyes and refusing, "Sorry, I just, Feel weird saying it." she muttered. Mrs. Bencint had been about to say something before she was cut off, "Understandable dear, just get some rest. Sooner or later you will find it easy to say." Mr. Bencint said before leading his wife away.

Elles let out a sigh before moving over to her bed and plopping down onto it, falling back and glancing up at the ceiling, her long black hair rested in all directions on the bed from the movement, her blue gaze seemed daze slightly as she rested one arm over her stomach, the other up by her head as she began to wonder what she was going to do from then on. Not only was she in a new house, a new town, but there was absolutely no one she knew here. "This is just.." she began before sighing. Rolling over, she curled up, closing her eyes and tried to fall asleep. She was partly hoping that when she woke up in the morning, she would be back in her old bed, at her home with the Gorfs. Yea, maybe this was just some horrid dream that just felt all to real. At least it was still raining. Elles had always enjoyed the rain. For some reason, the thudding of it on the window, the roof above, had always given her a slight sense of relaxation. It was just so soothing to listen to, and it did in fact help her fall as sleep much faster.

Chapter Two

The next few days hadn't been that great either. She was stuck in the house, to get use to it, and didn't really have anything to do. It wasn't until the following Saturday that things began to really happen. Elles woke to find herself staring back at a soft expression. She was confused for a moment before sitting up, realizing that the person she was staring at was her new 'mom'. "What are you doing?" she asked perplexed by why she was in what was suppose to be her room. "Well, I just wanted to make sure everything was okay, and to see if you wanted something to eat but-. Well, I just wanted to watch you sleep, so pretty." she sighed acting like the ever loving mother she was suppose to be. Elles let out a deep sigh as she sat up, rubbing her head feeling her hair a mess. "Well, Lets not do that. Its creepy." she muttered shaking her head before glancing over to the window before down at the clock. It was just turning 7 O'clock.

"Great, Whats gonna be going on today? Is my things here?" she asked glancing out the window. Maybe this place wont be so horrid after she got some of her things to past the time? She hoped so at least. "No sweetie, but I'm sure it will get here soon enough." Mrs. Burdet said with a soft smile before moving over to the door, "Jason is at work, so we will have a 'girls' day. Name anything you want to do, and we will do it." She said with a slight sparkle in her eyes. Elles sighed before falling back onto the bed and letting out a grumble. Great, her first day out and she was to be hanging out with Mrs. Perfect. Rolling her eyes, she slowly began to pull herself out of bed. Making her way to her personal bathroom, the only pleasure she had in this house, she began to prepare for the day. What would that mad woman make her do? Sure she had said it was up to Elles, but the girl hadn't wanted to do anything. Surly 'mom' would try to think up something to do, hoping she'd like it. Ugh, people were so annoying at times. It was a wonder that the 'insane' murderers hadn't been able to get out with the plea of simply being annoyed out of their minds. It was happening to her right now! Though, the thought of killing someone didn't really appeal to her.

Walking down the stairs after she'd finished getting ready, she glanced around the small 'entry' way to figure out where the mad women had gone off to. It wasn't until she smelt the sizzle of bacon that she realized that her breakfast was being made. Making her way into the kitchen she glanced at the array of foods that awaited her. Really, every morning consisted of several dishes, all of which were always different. The reason always being "To see which you like." Like she honestly would eat all of it! Moving over to the food, she grabbed a toast and a milk and head to the table to 'chow' down. Elles always only took the toast, getting a frown in return. She didn't really care to disappoint though, maybe the girl would stop making all the food. "I really wish you would eat more then that." Mrs. Burdet said moving over to the table with some food for herself.

The leftovers would be given to charity. "So, have you thought about what you wanted to do today? Where you wanted to go?" Mrs. Burdet asked glancing up at her with a shy sort of look. Elles kept her gaze lowered, hunched over in the chair as she nibbled the toast, giving a slight shrug as she attempted to ignore her. "Well, how about we go get you some new close? Or possibly things for school?" she offered as to try and help offer any ideas. Elles gave a groan, remembering that school started (at least for her) this Monday. "I suppose we can." she said not really caring, though she didn't have much in the aspect of clothing, considering that her things hadn't arrived. Really, what was the deal with getting her things here? Mrs. Burdet gave a smile as she nodded, "Shopping it is." she said. The meal going silent as she finally was given her peace and quiet for the rest of the morning.

Sitting in the car had proven to be not that bad. Mrs. Burdet didn't really ask much, nor did she bug her about anything. The peaceful ride gave way to a little hope of a calming day, well as much as she could ever really hope for at least. Having arrived at the store not that much later, she found that it seemed a little on the expensive side. Giving a sort of worried expression up at the store then to the women leading her to the door, she began to wonder what this lady thought shopping was! The inside of the store had proven to be even more of a surprise, loaded with all sorts of things, from bedding to clothing, and anything else. It was like a store for every sort of need possible! Elles had dazed out for most of the shopping, choosing to ignore the outrages prices of the small outfits she'd tried on, as well as the sheets and pillows she'd liked and 'Mom' had gotten her.

"You really don't have to do this" she had said time and time again, "I know, but I want to" had always been the reply. The day slowly dragging on, Elles had given up on really saying anything and just fallowed the women around as she got what she wanted to get. The dark haired beauty hadn't noticed that she'd slowly started to drift the wrong way with out really watching where she was going before finding herself bumping into someone and falling backwards onto her re-end. Blinking a few times, she glanced up to find a tall male gazing down at her with a sort of confused expression before he coughed. "Sorry about that, Need a hand?" he asked reaching over to help her up. Elles wasn't sure what to say, or do and simply sat there with a lost expression before shaking her head and taking his hand. "Oh! I'm sorry. I was the one who hadn't been paying mind. Please forgive me." she said once she was standing up on her own. She gave a quick glance around, noticing a few stares before the passer-byes had finally given up at gawking and moved on.

The male gave a sly sort of smile as he cocked his head to the side, dark eyes gave her a once over, a whole 2 or 3 feet taller then she was. "Well, kid. Just be careful." the male said before stopping at her chest for a split second before moving on, not giving her even the slightest of chances to comment on his comment, nor his wondering eyes. "Jerk." She muttered as she watched him leave, only feel a hand grabbing her arm. "Oh gosh you scared me! Don't ever wonder off like that again. I don't know what they would think, should I loose you so soon." Mrs. Burdet said in scolding tone. "Well, there really isn't any 'loosing' i'm 17 you know." Elles said annoyed at her babble. Really, the lady was acting as though she were a toddler! First the guy with his 'kid' comment before checking her out, and now this? Life was just to crude.

The following Monday had finally arrived. The Alarm blaring at 5 in the morning to sound her awake. Slowly lifting her head up from the pillow she gazed at the blaring red numbers, how cruel of a thing it was..."You getting up Elles?" her mom (she'd finally given in and started to call them 'mom and dad') asked. "Yea, up up." she muttered with a sigh as she crawled out of bed to head for the showers, thankfully she wouldn't be finding a table filled of food, just a simple toast and juice. Ah, how well it had gone in teaching 'new' mommy to give up on trying to feed her some awful breakfast of many servings. Besides, a toast was all anyone should really need, it was just enough to wake you up and make it through until lunch. Which was a bit of a dread at the moment as her mom drove her a few hours later. It didn't take long for them to arrive, Elles having one of her new outfits on, with a pair of new shoes and her bag filled with books and everything else. They hadn't allowed her to reuse anything simply because they thought it would be cheating. Heaven forbid she used old notes from an old school!

Making her way down the hall, Elles glanced down at the small piece of paper she held, listing her classes and the numbers along with the teachers name. Now if only she had a little map to direct her around the school! She gave a small grumble before bumping into something, glancing up she found herself staring up at mister tall dark and handsome from the store. "Oh? Didn't have enough, wanted a second round?" The guy asked with a tone of teasing. Elles flushed slightly before anger flashed through her eyes. If it hadn't been for the mass of people around, and the need to not be noticed, she'd have said something, though keeping her mouth shut had given her a slight pleasure. She simply just muttered sorry and headed off, ignoring the feeling of his eyes staring after her. Really, men sucked! If only there was way to just...become invisible to everyone! Well maybe just guys, there were some good friends out there that she hoped to find. Maybe some like Allen and Jammy. They had been such good friends, well before she moved at least. Not once had they event try to contact her, or reply to any of her messages for that matter...Maybe there wasn't. Oh now she was in a gloomy mood again, just great! Letting out a sigh, she finally set her gaze on the classroom number she needed for her first period. Making her way over to it quickly, she rushed inside to inform the teacher of who she was, and that she would be in his/her class starting that day. She hadn't checked to see if it was a man or a women, the teacher that was.

Her first day had gone on rather well, at least she figured it had. Slowly making her way towards the exit of the building, she found herself in a state of numbness. Thankfully only a few people had tried to talk to her, most just wanting her to move out of their seats when they had been optional. Giving a slow look about at the other students laughing and playing around as they made their way out of the building, she tried to wonder where she would fit in. Hoping it wasn't in a to flashy group. Maybe someone here could be a good friend? Possibly...Oh, there had to be, to go through the rest of her school year with out at least one friend was just horrible! How sad would it to be, to walk at graduation with out even a single friend to share it with?

"Shortcake!" A deep voice called over a laughter of voice, a strong hand grabbing onto her forearm before pulling her out of the flow of traffic and to the side, "Hey, you just ran off earlier. Didn't get to say hi." the male from the store said, his smile was sly and teasing, eyes lit up with humor. Elles rolled her eyes for a second, "I didn't want you to." she said in a clear tone of annoyance. Really, why did guys act like that? All 'bad boy' like. "Well to bad, I figured you ran into me once enough to get an introduction, as well as a number?" He said in a form of a question, though more demanding in sounding. Elles blinked a few times before shaking her head. "Hell no. Goodbye mister creep." she said pulling her arm free and making a break for it as a guy stumbled over to distract the weirdo. "God that guy is a freak" she muttered as she walked out the door, hurrying for her new mommy's car. Thank god she wasn't being forced to take the bus! Elles had the sinking feeling that guy had tried to follow after her.

Chapter Three

- In progress -

Chapter Four

- In waiting -

Chapter Five

- In waiting -

Chapter Six

- In waiting -

Chapter Seven

- In waiting -

Chapter Eight

- In waiting -

Chapter Nine

- In waiting -

Chapter Ten

- In waiting -

Chapter Eleven

- In waiting -

Chapter Twelve

- In waiting -

Chapter Thirteen

- In waiting -

Chapter Fourteen

- In waiting -

Chapter Fifteen

- In waiting -

Invisible Genius

Side Comments

• I love any kind of feedback, crude or sweet! I want to know (as I write the book) if it is something that one enjoys, or doesn't. Now, because I do work nights, and tend to sleep a good half of the day, I wont always have a new chapter up, but plan to at least try to do one a night (morning) before bed. I do hope that any type of comments might be added, as to improve myself! Though, I might not do much changing for my style, such as grammar and other little spats, but I will try! Well, I must be off for work now, Hope to hear from you all soon?
                  - TBDMay, 5th 2012

Invisible Genius

>_< feel free to reply any day now.

Invisible Genius

Haha Sorry to see that you didn't get any replies sad

People are very slow to post here. I have two chapters in my novel and have only gotten one person to comment.

Anyways, I liked the description but I felt that it was kind of slow. I think that you did a great job of describing everything but I think you are setting yourself up for doing more describing than story-telling. But I won't be able to judge until your next chapter.

Amazing detail! Keep at it! Also the font is kind of small, it was hard to read for me. I don't know how many people had this issue as well but maybe make it a little larger? smile

Good luck writing!

Invisible Genius

Hazer_Light

Thanks for your input! I hope others will reply soon. As for the loads of detail, well I tend to want the readers to get a feel for them, before spilling out all the action. The detail will dimmer down a little when the actual 'plot' gets going. =D Glad you 'like' it so far though! When I get my next day off work, I'll be able to reply for the next chapter. My brain is just...dead right now from working hours.

Invisible Genius

REVIEWS emotion_zombie

Invisible Genius

Updated xD
I thought you did excellent. Although I do agree with a previous post I saw that it moved a bit slow. But, the small font is painful to the eyes and may have added to my boredom, being as I have bad eyesight. I think you did wonderful. Kudos to you, my dear.

Invisible Genius

Thanks xD I'll pick up speed then!

Invisible Genius

Sorry for the late reply's and being unable to update the story. Been busy with work as well as not feeling all that good. doesn't help that my dad has also been shutting my net off whenever her feels like it with some lame excuse as to why he is doing it. 'oh there's a tiny piece of paper on the ground. no net for you' =w= he's annoying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff