Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadows growing, playing with my imagination. creeping closer and closer, hiding more and more from me. Covering all, consuming all in its abyss of dark. i creep myself away from it, but is still comes for me. i cant hide much longer from it. Crawling, slythering, shifting closer, engulfing the light where i am safe. Soon it takes me, but i dont want to go. I have no where to go. Stuck in a corner with little light. and then...
good idea for the start of a story
if u want my continuation it would go something like what follows and srry im very bad with grammar
the light goes out, the dark swallows me up into its shadows and i do not know where i am any more. Questioning whats going on i wonder...
(well thats my short continued version)
I love that paragraph! I love darkness!!
That's pretty good. Expand on it to show more hate for the darkness and love for light. That will create more of a bond with the character and the readers. This is going to become part of a story, right?
yeah but thats just my form of how i would start out on a continuation from that
but make it into a story
I liked it, but there were a few little tid bits which sort of bothered me. You need to expand more on the idea, and perhaps add a bit more description. Good start for something that could be great though. Oh, and by the way, slithering, not slythering. Sorry. ^.^ Nit picky thing.
Its not always good to have that much description. I dunno who told me that. Someone also said its not good to have L Y words (words that end in ly)
If you say there is light somewhere, then that means that light has to come from somewhere, and under these circumstances, you can either you one of two things:
1) take the light with you. Use the light as the path in front of you, always stepping into it. Then you'll always be out of the dark's reach.
2) run toward the light source, even if it does seem that you have to run through infinite darkness first. Once you reach the light source, you're safe from whatever it was in the dark that was trying to get you.
These are the better ways of doing it, even though you could go for a cheesier method: you can simply turn on a light, or whatever.
Or, if you want something intellectual that doesn't really mean anyhing: you could always consider that light overpowers darkness, and because you're a creature of the light, the darkness can't defeat you.
only problem is that in fantasy we can be made of light but in reality everything is made out of darkness
Good, but I've heard it before. That's the story of my life.
I really like all of your ideas about her little begging of a story and i wish to see is at the end when it is finished!@!!!@!@@!@!!@#!@$#!@#!#@
I think you need to do a basic grammar check (capitalization, punctuation, etc.) as well as try and create some more complex sentences and increase the description.

"abyss of dark" is rather redundant.

"creep myself away from it" is also redundant.

"Soon it takes me, but i dont want to go. I have no where to go. Stuck in a corner with little light." In present tense, these sentences make no sense combined. If it has taken you, why are you still in a corner with light? Do you mean soon it WILL take you or has it taken you already?

And I must stress the importance of not relying on short, choppy sentences to make your story look mysterious. It doesn't. It might draw in a reader for a while, but eventually it just gets repetitive and boring.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff