Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Trash

I actually made up some fictional characters this time instead of writing autobiographical crap. Go me. This is the most recently written but of a story that's in the works. Please comment on anything and everything. I'll shower you in love if you do.

Firstly, a little about the two main characters so's you're not completely lost.

Audric: A young English Literature major with an unhealthy obsession with Oscar Wilde (okay, so maybe that part's a little bit like me. XD) As a boy, he was constently harassed about being gay and his parents were less than accepting. he ran away from home and is now working on his doctrate. In this bit, he's 24. Audric is extremely kind; so much so that he often lets people walk all over him, yet he keeps his faith in God and humanity.

Avery: In this part, he's 15. His parents kicked him out for being gay and he is often slapped around at school because of his sexuality. Audric found him being beaten by some of his classmates when he was 14 and let the boy live with him. Avery is slightly angry, but is generally kind and quiet. Audric sees himself in Avery and has sworn to protect Avery from the cruelness of the world.

Okay, so it sounds really cheesy, I realise. Anyway, here's the little bit you get to read. Comment on the scene or the characters. Or better yet, both!

Avery sat beside Audric on the sofa, leaning his head on the young man’s shoulder. Wilde was playing on the television. Audric was intently watching the film for what had to be the 15th time. He simply loved the story, not to mention the beautiful acting. Jude Law was not hard on the eyes either.
“Audric?” said Avery.
“Mmm?” Audric replied, only half-listening to the boy.
“Will you put your arm around me?” Avery asked. Audric draped his arm over the child’s shoulders absently, then put his focus back on the film. Several minutes past before Avery’s voice interrupted the steady flow of dialogue from the television.
“Audric?” he said again. Audric sighed.
“What is it, Avery?”
“Will you...will you kiss me?”
“What?” Audric must not have heard correctly.
“Will you kiss me? Please?” Audric turned to face the boy and looked into his green, pleading eyes.
“Avery, no. We don’t have that kind of relationship. Jesus, I’m practically your parent,” he said rather harshly. Avery was a mere child. Audric had sworn to himself that he wouldn’t be the one to steal this beautiful boy’s innocence.
“You’re not my parent,” Avery whispered. “I’ve never been kissed by a man. I’ve never been taken to a man’s bed...Audric, I want these things. I want you to kiss me. I want you to make love to me. I want you to show me what it’s like for love to be physical.” Audric’s head was about to explode. Of course Avery was curious about sex. He was fifteen, for Christ’s sake, but here he was, offering himself to Audric. He was so blunt about his lack of knowledge and his desire to know, and something about his innocence was making Audric feel things he didn’t want to feel towards the child he had sheltered for nearly a year. He stared into Avery’s young, pure face, and all he wished was that such a soul should never feel the hurt of a broken heart.
I really enjoyed that piece! It has a lot of feeling in it. Does Audric do it?

Perfect Trash

[Evil Genius]
I really enjoyed that piece! It has a lot of feeling in it. Does Audric do it?

You'll just have to wait to find out, won't you? *evil cackle*

And thank you very much. Reading over it...there's some confusing bits. So. I'll fix those. Perhaps I'll write some more and post it tonight if I have time.

Perfect Trash

This is known as bumping. I don't like to do it.
^_^ That was great, I agree with [Evil Genius], there was a lot of feeling and an actual plot line! xd
That was a great piece. It held tons of emotion. 3nodding
1) Two characters with names starting with the same letter is very confusing, and not particularly inductive to helping your reader keep the characters straight
2) Your reader shouldn't have to read about the characters first to understand the story
3) Spacing, man! Looking down one side of the story and seeing no line breaks is an eye sore.
4) Very nice emotional descriptions, but very obviously going to be an erotic piece.

Perfect Trash

Danube
1) Two characters with names starting with the same letter is very confusing, and not particularly inductive to helping your reader keep the characters straight
2) Your reader shouldn't have to read about the characters first to understand the story
3) Spacing, man! Looking down one side of the story and seeing no line breaks is an eye sore.
4) Very nice emotional descriptions, but very obviously going to be an erotic piece.

1) Yes, I was wondering about that myself. Perhaps I'll change it.
2) That would be why I stated that it's a PIECE of a story, taken from the middle. Hence the explanation instead of posting 34 pages of what's happened prior. I just wanted comments on the one scene and didn't want readers to be utterly lost.
3) Gaia error. I'm lazy and thus have not fixed it yet. *shrug*
4) Not necisarrily. However you spell that.

And thank you very much for your comments. The whole name thing...that did cross my mind. It'll be a pain in the arse to change it, but I do see how it could be confusing.

Perfect Trash

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces