Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aekea Scarface

Definitely. I wouldn't say I've changed so dramatically since I've written a lot of these pieces, but I have changed. I've changed enough to where I can read through some of the pieces and know what I was thinking; however, I can't make myself think like that now.

To be perfectly honest, I'm still to this day happy with a lot of my work. Like in the past, I still stand by the belief that age is not important for skill. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get back into writing like I used to. I keep saying I'll try, but I never do. One thing I do want to attempt is writing a poem for each form on shadowpoetry.com {excluding the "user-submitted" forms}.
0-DCB
InsaneShadowFan

Wow! I didn't realize I hadn't posted in here for so long! I'm sorry.

Also, I never actually realized what you're pointing out. surprised
I, myself, tend to notice that a lot of my poems deal with nature in some way -- including human nature. I like connecting nature to nature and personifying things of nature. However, I can definitely see where you're seeing the "big ideas" in a lot of my poems. I have written some poems about simpler things, such as a person making a pie or getting annoyed at a mockingbird's calls early in the morning. A lot of the shorter ones were written based on things that were happening in real life. I have a poem written about how the Op/l seemed like it was deserted after the deletion of the MiniLurve. xD

I think part of why I tend to focus on the big ideas is that I like the juxtaposition of the big to small or vise versa. I like the idea of taking a complex concept such as a galaxy and putting it into simple terms. Likewise, I like the idea of taking a simple concept and making it complex. For example, in an early poem of mine, I make simple concepts like periods and ampersands into these complex structures.

Granted, a lot of these are early works that could benefit from rewriting. I've actually thought about going through and reworking the majority of the poems here. However, attempting this makes me realize the importance of concept. It's not that the poems no longer make sense to me. It's just that I'm no longer in that state of mind. On the other hand, it's probably because of writer's block and laziness. lol

I also vote against the retroactive editing. Although editing in a general sense is good, with pieces more than a few years old you would be putting words into the mouth of a younger man. Or something. I think letting your works stand as a testament to who you where then would make a better statement.

ISF

Aekea Scarface

InsaneShadowFan
0-DCB
ninja

I namedropped your collective in another thread. You brilliant boy, you.

Am I friends with you on Facebook? I want to know the man behind the pixels.

ISF

Oh, cool! cool

And, I don't think we are.

Aekea Scarface

InsaneShadowFan

Wow! I didn't realize I hadn't posted in here for so long! I'm sorry.

Also, I never actually realized what you're pointing out. surprised
I, myself, tend to notice that a lot of my poems deal with nature in some way -- including human nature. I like connecting nature to nature and personifying things of nature. However, I can definitely see where you're seeing the "big ideas" in a lot of my poems. I have written some poems about simpler things, such as a person making a pie or getting annoyed at a mockingbird's calls early in the morning. A lot of the shorter ones were written based on things that were happening in real life. I have a poem written about how the Op/l seemed like it was deserted after the deletion of the MiniLurve. xD

I think part of why I tend to focus on the big ideas is that I like the juxtaposition of the big to small or vise versa. I like the idea of taking a complex concept such as a galaxy and putting it into simple terms. Likewise, I like the idea of taking a simple concept and making it complex. For example, in an early poem of mine, I make simple concepts like periods and ampersands into these complex structures.

Granted, a lot of these are early works that could benefit from rewriting. I've actually thought about going through and reworking the majority of the poems here. However, attempting this makes me realize the importance of concept. It's not that the poems no longer make sense to me. It's just that I'm no longer in that state of mind. On the other hand, it's probably because of writer's block and laziness. lol
0-DCB
ninja

I namedropped your collective in another thread. You brilliant boy, you.

Am I friends with you on Facebook? I want to know the man behind the pixels.

ISF

Aekea Scarface

Aekea Scarface

Streaming

Emptiness emanates from my mouth --
just puffs of wind dying faster than candle
flames. I used to blaze through streams
of consciousness -- words flowing and forming
effortlessly on empty pages,
shuffled along on a cluttered desk.
My tongue painted jungles that sprang
up in the air, entangling the audience
in its vines. A twig remains,
like a spark of desperate hope --
alone in an empty void.

Aekea Scarface

Eh, why not?

This isn't actually
a poem, but breaking
lines is fun.

Aekea Scarface

Frome one poet to another *tips hat* lol XP

7,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
i am so happy to see you still writing!

Aekea Scarface

Sun Sonnet

If every star were splashed across the black sky --
covering the canvas with shimmering lights --
their glow would weaken, but the one in your eye

{that stays with me at even mountainous heights,
never abandoning me from far away
but remaining my guide through the darkest nights}

shines as brilliant as a bright Summer's day.
The burning sun is only a snuffed-out flame,
darkening my path and leading me astray.

You're a painting too glorious for a frame;
the galaxy itself can't contain your shine.
You put the infinite universe to shame.

Being with you, I soar high upon cloud nine.
Everything about you is a word: divine.

{Eh...not the best, but at least it's something.}

Aekea Scarface

Oh, hi there!
You probably should.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out