7,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
i am so happy to see you still writing!
Frome one poet to another *tips hat* lol XP
0-DCB
ninja

I namedropped your collective in another thread. You brilliant boy, you.

Am I friends with you on Facebook? I want to know the man behind the pixels.

ISF
0-DCB
InsaneShadowFan

Wow! I didn't realize I hadn't posted in here for so long! I'm sorry.

Also, I never actually realized what you're pointing out. surprised
I, myself, tend to notice that a lot of my poems deal with nature in some way -- including human nature. I like connecting nature to nature and personifying things of nature. However, I can definitely see where you're seeing the "big ideas" in a lot of my poems. I have written some poems about simpler things, such as a person making a pie or getting annoyed at a mockingbird's calls early in the morning. A lot of the shorter ones were written based on things that were happening in real life. I have a poem written about how the Op/l seemed like it was deserted after the deletion of the MiniLurve. xD

I think part of why I tend to focus on the big ideas is that I like the juxtaposition of the big to small or vise versa. I like the idea of taking a complex concept such as a galaxy and putting it into simple terms. Likewise, I like the idea of taking a simple concept and making it complex. For example, in an early poem of mine, I make simple concepts like periods and ampersands into these complex structures.

Granted, a lot of these are early works that could benefit from rewriting. I've actually thought about going through and reworking the majority of the poems here. However, attempting this makes me realize the importance of concept. It's not that the poems no longer make sense to me. It's just that I'm no longer in that state of mind. On the other hand, it's probably because of writer's block and laziness. lol

I also vote against the retroactive editing. Although editing in a general sense is good, with pieces more than a few years old you would be putting words into the mouth of a younger man. Or something. I think letting your works stand as a testament to who you where then would make a better statement.

ISF

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces