Welcome to Gaia! ::

hi, i don't know if any of you are familiar with alternative literature, but one of my poems was recently featured in an online alt lit zine, so i thought i'd share my work.

if i took enough drugs to possibly turn me comatose would you still love me:
an autobiography

i sexually identify as the 28 degree january breeze sneaking through your cracked window at 5am

one time a school of fish said to me, "everything will be fine. we promise. just hang around longer."

it was mid-june, i believed them

one time i tweeted, "you have so much undiscovered depth. you are an ocean,"
referring to my gay friend who is known for being sassy and, well, gay
and not for what he really is
or what he's worth

anyway, someone replied to it
"you're a cork in the ocean"
and to this day i still think about what the f/u/c/k that even means
but its poetic sounding and i like it
i guess

we are all the butt of a great cosmic joke
and i am not me anymore
i'm a hurricane aftermath
it swept away all the worth i had left
and here i am,
incompletely resolute

my favourite shade of orange is the one leaves turn before they commit suicide and if that doesn't say something about my personality then i don't know what does

all i'm trying to say is that
the grass is green for a reason and it turns brown and ugly sometimes but it always goes back to how it was before and i need you to promise me that you'll hold on

you can find the zine here
and my spoken word album here
i go by the name "miscreant"

hope you enjoy!
heart

Hilarious Gaian

5,575 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I've read a lot of poems under the hashtag of the same name on Tumblr, so I'm somewhat familiar with alt lit. Anyway, moving on to the poem itself, I really like it. The images you present are great. The fish and the ocean evoke this sort of dream-like state reminiscent of the titular coma, and contrast with the images of autumn leaves and brown grass in real life. I also really like the way you broke the lines, sort of splitting your thoughts into a progression. (e.g. "and to this day i still think about what the f/u/c/k that even means/but its poetic sounding and i like it/i guess" ) The shifts from stanza to stanza also seemed like shifts from one thought to another on the same topic, almost like a stream of consciousness. I really liked that, as well.
Kittycquariana
I've read a lot of poems under the hashtag of the same name on Tumblr, so I'm somewhat familiar with alt lit. Anyway, moving on to the poem itself, I really like it. The images you present are great. The fish and the ocean evoke this sort of dream-like state reminiscent of the titular coma, and contrast with the images of autumn leaves and brown grass in real life. I also really like the way you broke the lines, sort of splitting your thoughts into a progression. (e.g. "and to this day i still think about what the f/u/c/k that even means/but its poetic sounding and i like it/i guess" ) The shifts from stanza to stanza also seemed like shifts from one thought to another on the same topic, almost like a stream of consciousness. I really liked that, as well.

wowowow! thank you so much. this comment made my day. i'm super glad you liked it. n_n

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff