Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bravo! Bravo! What an excellent poem my dear. You have quite a talent. Keep it up!

You guys really shouldn't be so harsh on the girl, she writes a lot better than most. Sure she has room for improvement, doesn't mean you should beat her up, just because you didn't think the poem was good. Look at everyone else who liked it. Oh, yeah just get on me for looking at the good only. Suck it! I'm an optimistic person.

Icy, you go girl. Give them hell. I support you.
wink
Thanks you faustj6 and KishKileKish. Thanks for the support and if you would like. Their are other poems in my journal to read. Enjoy. biggrin I'll keep writing.

Fanatical Firestarter

IcyFlareMoonlight
You do know Poe was a Romance writer, right? Or do you not know the history behind writers. I'm not talking Romance like Candle lights and s**t. I'm talking dark demented s**t.

Then don't call it "romantic," babe. Romanticism was a historical phenomenon. Now, if you say romantic, then you mean what the modern definition means. If you don't mean that, then learn to explain yourself better.

Quote:
I never claimed to know everything about every writing style. Why the hell would I be taking classes for writing if I thought I knew everything?

You're behaving as if you've written something that can't be improved. Grow up.

Quote:
Don't ever say she doesn't know what she's doing. I didn't ask her to edit it, I asked her, her opinion on it. Plus, all I really did was lay down the basics said in that conversation. I never said if she said if there were any errors or not.

If she said there were errors, they should have been fixed. Either she's incompetent or you are. I'm kind of figuring both. Or--and this is entirely possible--she's humoring you.

Quote:
Yeah I'm happy with this poem, but I will still continue to grow as a writer because I know I can improve and I'm not happy with just my current writing status as a whole writer. As a poet I am very happy with what I do and so are the many people who read it, most of them any way.

When I say you can grow as a writer, I'm talking about poetry (and you're not the poetic genius you think you are--the fact that you don't seem to think you have room for improvement in poetry makes me laugh). Sorry, but remember Stephen King's pyramid? You're on the bottom of that when it comes to prose. For poetry, you're the next level up, in my opinion (some of the actual poets on here might disagree with me, though).

Also, if you write things that you don't think can be improved, you're not a serious writer. That's...really all there is to it.

Quote:
Let me drag out on of my lengthy poems for you and let you read that. It's more of a poetic story and it's won a few contest. So, I believe it's good, maybe even great. It was inspired by Poe.

Fine. Send it to me in a PM and I will give you my honest opinion.

And how's your mule account faustj6 doing? Good, I hope.
I don't have a mule account. That's my cousins account. Yeah, I don't even know the password to that account. My cousin took the account from me, when it got hacked, so she wouldn't have to make an account. Her name is also Jessica. Jessica Lauren Smith, to be exact. This right here: IcyFlareMoonlight is my only account. You can talk to Lauren, which is what I call her, yourself. I think she'll get quite a laugh out of you.

By the way my editor is not incompetent, nor is she humoring me, nor am I incompetent. Facts are facts and your just a b***h. Who quite frankly, is becoming rather annoying.

All you seem to be doing is downing me. Are you a professional know it all? Seems like it's so. I know what the hell Poe was, Romantic writer. Romanticism is the time period. I wasn't using it in todays terms in no way, shape, or form.

I know I have room for improvement. I just don't care to improve what I've written if I'm satisfied with it. I will improve in other works.

I'm not whinning either. You seem to thing I'm whining like "omg you guys are so not far. I'm like a teenager and I whine about everything. You guys are so like mean and stuff."
No I'm having a conversation, argument, whatever you wanna call it. And please, please, don't ever tell me to grow the ******** up. b***h you don't know what I've been through. So don't tell me I'm being immature and s**t. If that's one thing I can't take, it's that. You don't know me, so you don't know how I am. You only see what I let you see on the internet. But ask any, any one who truely knows me and I'm happy, hyper, and rarely an arrogant a*****e.
Jess, she really thinks you own this account. Ha. That's funny.
Well I just came by to laugh at that. I need to go finish my college work now. Toodles dear.
You're so silly Lauren. XD
Noodles, Dear! Lol

Fanatical Firestarter

IcyFlareMoonlight
I don't have a mule account. That's my cousins account. Yeah, I don't even know the password to that account. My cousin took the account from me, when it got hacked, so she wouldn't have to make an account. Her name is also Jessica. Jessica Lauren Smith, to be exact. This right here: IcyFlareMoonlight is my only account. You can talk to Lauren, which is what I call her, yourself. I think she'll get quite a laugh out of you.

It's entirely possible that's your cousin (though since she's using your old account, it basically amounts to the same thing--it was clearly your username), in which case her comment is still dishonest and pointless. Congrats--you just had your cousin back you up. Yay for you. Your poem still sucks.

Quote:
By the way my editor is not incompetent, nor is she humoring me, nor am I incompetent. Facts are facts and your just a b***h. Who quite frankly, is becoming rather annoying.

Facts are facts and there are mistakes in your poem. For example, at one point you use "whom" instead of "who." Once again, either she's incompetent or you are.

I am a b***h, though. And so are you--you're also whiny and you lack a full deck of cards.

Quote:
All you seem to be doing is downing me.

I started off trying to help you. So did others. You behaved like a spoiled brat. I'm not gonna sugarcoat my opinion of you and your work when I think you're nothing more than a wannabe whose work is boring and unoriginal.

Quote:
Are you a professional know it all? Seems like it's so.

Not when it comes to poetry, that's for sure. But the advice I'm giving you is the same advice my poetry professor--who has been published, by the way, and IS a professional writer--gave me.

Quote:
I know what the hell Poe was, Romantic writer. Romanticism is the time period. I wasn't using it in todays terms in no way, shape, or form.

Romance and romantic mean entirely different things today. Romanticism no longer exists. When you say you wrote a romantic poem, either you're not expressing yourself clearly or you mean today's version of romance. Choose your words better.

Quote:
I know I have room for improvement. I just don't care to improve what I've written if I'm satisfied with it. I will improve in other works.

Not how it works.

Quote:
I'm not whinning either. You seem to thing I'm whining like "omg you guys are so not far. I'm like a teenager and I whine about everything. You guys are so like mean and stuff."
No I'm having a conversation, argument, whatever you wanna call it.

You're whining. You don't like the fact that you didn't get praise. You told us to tear your poem apart if we could and we did, and you don't want to hear it. Stop whining.

Quote:
And please, please, don't ever tell me to grow the ******** up.

Grow the ******** up. (:

Quote:
b***h you don't know what I've been through. So don't tell me I'm being immature and s**t. If that's one thing I can't take, it's that. You don't know me, so you don't know how I am. You only see what I let you see on the internet. But ask any, any one who truely knows me and I'm happy, hyper, and rarely an arrogant a*****e.

Of course I only know you according to the internet--you only know me according to the internet and you have no problem with telling me that I'm a b***h and a know it all. But if you behave like this here concerning you're writing, I doubt that you'd behave any differently in a face to face workshop concerning your writing, either. Also, you admitted you were arrogant when it came to your writing--I'm not making that s**t up at all.
Yeah how wonderful. I'm so petty and s**t. I'm horrible incompenant and I need to grow the ******** up.

I would appologize for the sacrasim there but I don't give a ********..

Oh! and I used whom on purpose. Just in case you didn't know.
What. The. ********.

Okay, this is too much; there is a high amount of pure stupidity flowing in this thread, and all of it is emanating from one "naturally talented" individual. Of course, what they're "talented" at is clearly not any form of writing.

Here are the defining moments of this person's "naturally talented" stupidity:

Quote:
You do know Poe was a Romance writer, right? Or do you not know the history behind writers. I'm not talking Romance like Candle lights and s**t. I'm talking dark demented s**t.

Quote:
There is no errors.

Quote:
It's a natural talent that the pieces just flow out of me.

Quote:
This isn't a workshop.

I feel sorry for AntiBella; he/she was, for the most part, being civil with you until the end. However, I believe civility is not going to work for a case such as yours.

You're a hack—not worthy of the title of writer—who suffers from delusions of grandeur and gifted with the super-special-awesome ability of misrepresenting feedback and criticism received by other people.

I'm willing to bet you misinterpreted what your teachers said. They probably were harsh with you or had some legit constructive criticism, but with your "naturally talented" skills, you brushed those aside, focused on the vague hints like "put more of yourself into it" and "more emotion" and now you've used them to justify your poetry.

Pathetic.

Come back to this forum when you have done these simple, easy things:

1. Read the stickies.
2. Change your perspective on historical information.
3. Pull your head out of your a**.

If you can't even do this stuff and realise just how stupid you're being, then may Yahweh have mercy on your soul.

Fanatical Firestarter

IcyFlareMoonlight
Yeah how wonderful. I'm so petty and s**t. I'm horrible incompenant and I need to grow the ******** up.

I would appologize for the sacrasim there but I don't give a ********]
I already know you don't give a ********. If you cared about your writing, you wouldn't be such a b***h to everyone who tries to help you.

Quote:
Oh! and I used whom on purpose. Just in case you didn't know.

First, you're lying. Second, even if you did, that would actually be even worse. You were purposely grammatically incorrect? Unless you have a ******** good reason, that would make you a pathetic little amateur.
One I'm not lying. Two it's not grammaticality incorrect. To whom? Yeah that's not wrong. A rose to him, the one I care and love. Whom works with him and her. Who works with she and he.
http://web.ku.edu/~edit/whom.html Just a little thing for you to read. Get off my a** mkay.

I'm not a b***h to everyone who tries to help. I'm a b***h when it comes to improving my work. When it comes down to it you have no "real" helpful comments besides changing it into a free verse.
You know writers don't have to take all this bullshit from their critics. Oh we are gonna help you, but let us be total assholes. Doesn't sound right to me.

Just get off my case and leave me the hell alone. I didn't really have a problem with star. I was just disputing it with her. Not even in a mean way. I questioned her comment. That isn't wrong. Writers should do that. So they know what that person is talking about and can make sure it's right.

I have a problem with you. You bring out my bad side and I don't really care for that. You bring out my hard headed side. I can't put up with that. So just leave me alone and this will be all good. I have nothing to prove to you because I proved myself to myself. I proved that I can write and so did several other people who liked my writing. I also proved that I have room for improvement as a writer and that's good enough for me. You can say I won't grow, but baby watch me spread these wings and fly. I'm not giving up and I'll push until my soul aches from working on my dream. I'm a dreamer whose gonna get some where. So you can take you'll snooty little comments and shove them up your a** with that stick.

You proved to everyone you are an arrogant a*****e who likes to down writers, new or old. Congrats.

I may be arrogant but I don't down people like that.

Fanatical Firestarter

IcyFlareMoonlight
One I'm not lying.

Then you're a moron.

Quote:
Two it's not grammaticality incorrect. To whom? Yeah that's not wrong. A rose to him, the one I care and love. Whom works with him and her. Who works with she and he.
http://web.ku.edu/~edit/whom.html Just a little thing for you to read. Get off my a** mkay.

Hey, b***h, it's grammatically incorrect. Here are the places where you used "whom" incorrectly:

Quote:
A rose with leaves green as grass,
To the one whom will make it last.

Quote:
A rose to the one whom holds my heart...

Both of these are incorrect. You're trying to use "whom" here as a subject--"him will make it last" and "him holds my heart." Yeah, no. That's wrong. It should be who.

Who and whom.

Just a little thing for you to read. wink

Quote:
I'm not a b***h to everyone who tries to help.

You were a b***h to Stardust for no reason, and don't even try to deny it. As soon as you say a critic has useless opinions because you don't like the criticism she gave, you're being a b***h. And you did the same thing to me when I started out pretty decent with you. Now I've just lost all patience. You piss me off.

Quote:
I'm a b***h when it comes to improving my work. When it comes down to it you have no "real" helpful comments besides changing it into a free verse.

You didn't read my critique, did you? I only explained why I felt Stardust had suggested free verse, and I went on to give you several other suggestions (Stardust gave you other suggestions, too, which you ignored). First, I told you to work on your rhyming. Second, I told you to strengthen your word choice--I quoted Stardust on that. Third, I told you to regulate your meter. You chose to ignore all of those, and while that's your choice, don't pretend that all we told you was to change the goddamn thing to free verse.

Quote:
You know writers don't have to take all this bullshit from their critics. Oh we are gonna help you, but let us be total assholes. Doesn't sound right to me.

Oh, ******** you. Seriously. Everyone here was polite and decent--I started getting bitchy with you because you're ******** driving me crazy with your arrogant know-it-all attitude when you suck at writing! Maybe if you stopped treating your critics like dirt, we'll start packaging our advice in a nicer way. Also, whether you find use assholes or not is actually immaterial--our advice still stands.

Quote:
Just get off my case and leave me the hell alone. I didn't really have a problem with star. I was just disputing it with her. Not even in a mean way.

Oh, please--you told her she wasn't being helpful and that she had useless opinions. That's pretty bitchy on your part.

Quote:
I questioned her comment. That isn't wrong. Writers should do that. So they know what that person is talking about and can make sure it's right.

You didn't question her comment. You flat out told her she was wrong and her advice was useless to you.

Quote:
I have a problem with you. You bring out my bad side and I don't really care for that. You bring out my hard headed side. I can't put up with that.

Hey, like I said, I started off polite. You reacted like a b***h.

Quote:
So just leave me alone and this will be all good. I have nothing to prove to you because I proved myself to myself.

Wow. That takes talent, proving s**t to yourself. I wish I had your skills.

Quote:
I proved that I can write and so did several other people who liked my writing.

How the ******** did you prove you can write? Guess what--other people said they disliked it. You're just a moron who ignores the negative comments and you grasp hold of the mindless praise of people who said nothing other than, "Ooooh, it's so good cuz there's just so much emotion in it!" They didn't point out how it was good, didn't comment on any particular word choice, so stop thinking that their opinions are the only opinions you need to validate your ridiculous claim that you're a naturally talented writer.

Quote:
I also proved that I have room for improvement as a writer and that's good enough for me.

That's the one thing I agree with you on--you proved it by writing a boring, trite, unoriginal poem.

Quote:
You can say I won't grow, but baby watch me spread these wings and fly.
I'm not giving up and I'll push until my soul aches from working on my dream. I'm a dreamer whose gonna get some where. So you can take you'll snooty little comments and shove them up your a** with that stick.

Okay, let me know when you get something legitimately published. No, vanity presses don't count. Until then, I'm just going to laugh at you.

Quote:
You proved to everyone you are an arrogant a*****e who likes to down writers, new or old. Congrats.

Except that you're the only one I'm downing here. I guess I proved I'm an arrogant a*****e who downs little wannabe writers with no talent who think they're "naturally talented."

Quote:
I may be arrogant but I don't down people like that.

So...telling people that they have useless opinions isn't downing them? Haha, that's cute.
Antibella, I believe it's pointless to continue this. You can't argue with an idiot.

Just leave her be to the a** patters; a flame war is detrimental to this forum's purpose.
Sorry Star if I was a b***h to you, I didn't mean it. biggrin Was just putting my opinion out there.

(That's honest)

As for everyone else, I'm sorry that I'm such the bad guy here. Let me just get this stick out of my a** and pow down to the all mighty AntiBella. Whose right in everything she says. She's a ******** genius.

(Now that's being a b***h)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games