Welcome to Gaia! ::

(This post was meant to go in the OOC thread.)
Hiding in the grass would have been a grand idea had Ulysses been hunting for him on ground. With an ample eye kept on his opponent, and a bird's eye view of the situation, he'd be able to spot the moving object quite easily even if the tall grass blew over him. Beside that, he also left a dent in the pattern of the grass, making him a lot easier to look for than just a large expanse of grass.

But that wasn't the case. He wasn't looking to keep his opponent offguard. Pistol or not, he was a floating target, it was much harder to strike him down regardless of special ammunition.

While Balthazar was reloading, Ulysses immediately cascaded downward and bombed himself again into the rubble. This time, he had put enough energy in it so that the bomb would weaken the supports of the newly revealed level. This would cause this level to fall down with enough duress.

This meant that the current floor of the temple exposed would come crashing down upon the lower floors.
The priests in the place would proceed to make a barrier on the roof above them, keeping the rubble from falling on them. Being that they were five priests, the barrier was going to hold quite an amount of time. Meanwhile the mages began to charge their magical energies, to prepare for a spell. Balthazar had now successfully reloaded his weapon. He stood and dashed towards his opponent, with his katana on his right hand and pistol in his left.
Given their distance, it would be awhile for Balthazar to reach Ulysses, now hidden in the rubble of the fallen Upper Temple. He might however, be able to hear the incessant pounding of the man's fist striking his shield. And SURELY he would see that from a hidden portion of the Temple, did he burst backwards oncemore, slamming any boulders or collapsed building out of his way, as he backpedaled through like a rocket, away from Balthazar and still not within a clear shot's range due to the rubble he left in his wake.

As they were on a hill, he rocketed behind it, hovering slightly, before he powered up once more and slammed into the side of the hill. Like the author noted, the Priests made a barrier for the roof ABOVE them. An attack from the side of the hill would cause too much strain on regular walls. They would have little time or sufficient balance of energy to take the hit. This would not only cause the wall to their side to come down, but the hill to fall upon them as well. Underground structures relied on their supports to keep them from becoming repetitive landslides, without them, the Earth will just tumble over their bodies.

Again, Balthazar emerged from the side of the hill crater he created.
(I am honestly pretty confused. Would it bother you if I left to play Call of Duty 4?)

Slamming the side of the hill would only cause the room they were in to shake, since the Monastery would be deep inside the hill. The barrier was still stopping the rubble from falling above them, however rubble poured from their sides. The surviving soldiers all huddled together, as the black mages lifted a portion of the ground like an elevator, and began to rise from the rubble, using the barrier as a roof. Soon enough Balthazar would reach the man, and have a nice surprise for him.
(not really. i myself have some laundry i need to finish. but i do say if we can finish this tonight, then wed be good.)

It wasn't a matter of how deep it was. The momentum transferred through the Earth would no doubt find its way in there, and of course, still weaken the wall. And it wasn't as if that were the end of the attack.

Still in his crater, Ulysses unleashed another bomb. This time, since he was closer to the inner wall, it'd have more effect on the already compromised supports. Despite how deep they were in, the shockwaves would penetrate the Earth beyond it and reach them, and the repeated strikes against a core weakness of the hill would ensure the wall coming down upon them, along with the hillside.
wishijj
(not really. i myself have some laundry i need to finish. but i do say if we can finish this tonight, then wed be good.)

It wasn't a matter of how deep it was. The momentum transferred through the Earth would no doubt find its way in there, and of course, still weaken the wall. And it wasn't as if that were the end of the attack.

Still in his crater, Ulysses unleashed another bomb. This time, since he was closer to the inner wall, it'd have more effect on the already compromised supports. Despite how deep they were in, the shockwaves would penetrate the Earth beyond it and reach them, and the repeated strikes against a core weakness of the hill would ensure the wall coming down upon them, along with the hillside.
(Yeah definetly, I'm doing CoD4.)
(I needed a day to reflect. Wishjjj, I'm still confused as to what would make you think the monastery would be buried that deep into the hill and how striking the side of the hill would affect them at all, I say this because they are rising from the rubble, they'd be out of the demolished Temple before they'd get overrun by rubble. If you don't want to acknowledge that, we can continue your way and have all of my guys die, it doesn't matter much.)
(its physics...essentially. using concentrated strikes of bombs, the momentum will penetrate throguh and affect people bunkered deep down within a hill. i'm just destroying ur base really. i figured there were people down in the lower levels as well, thus the deaths.)
(As you might not know, I haven't gotten physics yet.)

They died, while Balthazar still ran towards Ullyses.
Ulysses turned to his opponent, he could not see him, but had a good idea of where he was. He turned to the sky one moment, banged his shield two more times, and boom! In one loud shock, disappeared into the outer regions of the Temple, away from the carnage he so far wrecked.
"That was gay."

Balthazar walked off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas