Welcome to Gaia! ::

|| The [b l o o d] pact ||

User Image

xo
xo

"There is the good, and there is the bad."

The assasins of the night are not people you want to mess with. Training in the day, out on missions in the night, there ninja are hard-workers and do well in their jobs. There are three houses, all peaceful, all allies, all friends in a way. But when the third household is wanting more power over the first because the emperor favors the first more than the third, the third house begins to attack upon the favored. The emperor, furious at this, did not punish the house, but instead told them to make a treaty. The third house refused to make a treaty so the favored house decided upon an old tradition, marriage. Since the third house had already had a marriage between the second house, the third house did not refuse this interesting offer.

The first house, the House of the Dragons, gave away their daughter, second heir to the household. The second house, the House of the Tigers, watched the second heir of the first house get married. The third house, the House of the Snakes, gave their strongest and heir to the house. Of course, trouble stirred and the uncomfortability of being in another house, cautioned the girl, but the boy, her husband, stirred in interest. But this didn't mean that the houses would stop working on missions. Of course, the daughter of the first would go on missions with her siblings of the first house, but she was also invited to join the third's missions as well, at times, she didn't even have a choice.

Each house had an interesting mark on one part of their body. The House of Dragons has a dragon mark tattoed on from the right wrist to elbow of their arm, symbolizing that they belonged to that household. The House of Tigers had a large Tiger paw on the their right shoulder blade, symbolzing that they were from that household. Lastly, The House of Snakes, had a snake from the ankle to knee, coiled around that part of the leg, their right leg. Each symbol is remarkable, because each has a different color, they called this "a blood pact from the gods." The dragon tatoo had a blood red coloring to it, the tiger's paw tatoo had a lighter color, the snake tatoo was brighter than the tiger's but all were a shade of red.

The H o u s e of D r a g o n s

The Eldest Heir [M]: [Open] [Reserved] [Taken]
The Second Heir [F]: [Open] [Reserved] [Taken]
The Third Heir [M]: [Open] [Reserved] [Taken]
The Fourth Heir [M]: [Open] [Reserved] [Taken]
The Fifth Heir [M]: [Open] [Reserved] [Taken]
[Others: 0/5 taken]

The H o u s e of T i g e r s

The Third Heir [F]: [Open] [Reserved] [Taken]
The Fourth Heir [M]: [Open] [Reserved] [Taken]
[Others: 0/6 Taken]

The H o u s e of S n a k e s

The Third Heir [M]: [Open] [Reserved] [Taken]
[Ohters: 0/7 Taken]

[M]= Male; [F]= Female; italics= Married
The R u l e s

Okay here are the rules, and I am putting it in paragraph form so YOU will pay ATTENTION. There is no: Flamming, God-modding, Scamming, Conning, and Hacking throughout this roleplay, or else you WILL get kicked out. About sex and stuff, keep it to the down low, do a time skip or take it to the PM's just please don't describe it all in front of us! Some of us feel the urge to barf at that stuff. All pictures must be anime when you are turning in your profile. FIGHTING IS ENCOURAGED, INCLUDING ROMANCE, I mean this is what its about right? But no killing each other, especially the heirs, they're sort of like the main characters you could say. If you want to kill someone, you must have their and MY permission to do so. There is no actual time for this so sometimes you might have to watch out for my posts because I know I'll be saying the time through them. Be RESPECTFUL to other Gaians. They treat you with the same respect other people treat you, GOT IT? I love cussing, especially when its not at home where my mom is bugging me about it. But keep it limited, no cussing in every sentence you say! Okay, for reservations title PM "Reserve" (this mostly goes out to the heirs), for profiles title "I'm ready to kill." Make sure your posts look beautiful! I like pretty posts, not black and white ones. This is a semi-literate/literate rp! Two posts minimum! I will ad more rules if needed, thank you!
The P r o f i l e s

Profile Thread || OCC Thread

[align=center][size=14][u][color=COLOROFHOUSE][b]H o u s e[/b] of [b](Type in House)[/b][/color][/u][/size][/align]
[imgright](URL to picture)[/imgright]
[align=left][size=10.5][color=white]xoxo[/color][color=COLOR1][b]n a m e:[/b] [color=COLOR2] [/color]
[color=white]xoxo[/color][color=COLOR1][b]a g e:[/b] [color=COLOR2](18 being youngest - 25 being oldest)[/color]
[color=white]xoxo[/color][color=COLOR1][b]h e i r:[/b] [color=COLOR2](You are either the oldest-youngest, simply put which are you.)[/color]
[color=white]xoxo[/color][color=COLOR1][b]w e a p o n:[/b] [color=COLOR2] [/color]
[color=white]xoxo[/color][color=COLOR1][b]p e r s o n a l i t y:[/b] [color=COLOR2](Needs to be one paragraph long +)[/color]
[color=white]xoxo[/color][color=COLOR1][b]b i o g r a p h y:[/b] [color=COLOR2](Needs to be two paragraphs long +)[/color][/size][/align]
R e s e r v e d
R e s e r v e d
User Image
S E C O N DxoxoxoxoM e ixoJ u n o i r ixoxoxoxoH E I R

User Image
xoxoxoMy n a m e is M e i and t r u s t me, you d o n ' t want to m e s s with t h i s... Mei was walking around the House of Dragons, looking, not being able to participate with the rest of her commrades in their training. It was her day to visit her family and commrades and thats what she wanted to do. She went over to where the younger kids were training as she opened the door and all their faces brightened. She smiled brightly as they all crowded her and started hugging her. They were so cute, so strong at such a young age. "Mei-sempai! Mei-sempai! Where have you been all this time?" They asked her as her smile started fading a little, and the memory of her wedding was starting place into her memory.

"Do you, Junoiri Mei, take the eldest heir of the Snakes to be you wife, in sickness and in death?" that was what the priest said, and that was when she made the most horrible decision in her life.

"Mei, you must marry the eldest heir of the Snakes in order to create peace between the both houses," my father said. That was the day her life started changing.

"So...I guess you're stick with me huh? You know, you're quite remarkable for a girl, I never thought you'd be so...cute." That was the day where she first met him.

"Mei-sempai...?" the kids asked her as she shook her head and looked at them once more, smiling, with a frown beneath the lie.

xo
xo

User Image

7,050 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
╔═

ƒιяs† ∂яαɢᴏɴ нειя ιяяαℓ нαяяσc

There was nothing better than warm blood, nothing better than the fear in the victim's eyes, the way they struggled as they died. It was wonderful, delightful, and everything his body had been trained for. Silent like an owl, quick and deadly as a serpent, eyes of a hawk, a grip like a boa constrictor. He had everything any great hunter of the night wanted, he had every thing that would keep him alive. He was an assassin, born and trained in the assassin way of life. He was the only assassin yet to be be seconded. Yet, who is he? His victims never knew who killed them, his enemies never knew what hit them. The only mark of the killer was a small blood red wood carved dragon sitting on the victim. The dragon meant something, and though many would never use something so obvious to say who stuck, no one had yet to figure out it was actually the truth behind the dragon.

It was simple though, the reason to the dragon on each victim. The dragon symbolized the clan, the color symbolized an heir, and the details of this dragon was symbolizing the person. Now, with the facts laid out, is it not obvious? The assassin thought over the dragon before disappearing into the night. There was only one assassin that would leave something so obvious, so easy to understand, that had yet to be found. The assassin was a member of the House of Dragons, more of an heir to the House of Dragons, as the dark color pointed out. The shape of the dragon, in a fearsome yet welcoming stance, showed hints to the characteristics of this heir. The only one who could be two things, have two totally different emotions and still be sane. This midnight assassin was the first heir to the House of Dragons, and a cunning assassin at that. His name? Well, if you must ask, is Irral Harroc, a deadly assassin who has always loved being what he is. Even through the hard training. That, though, was a different story.

As the assassin traveled through the night, he had only stopped once. Irral always gave his thanks to what ever moon was out, for one reason or another. The moon and the stars could show him the enemy and keep him hidden or make things fun as he tortured the poor mind of his target. From outside to inside, or just in the bedroom, this assassin was one of games yet always doing his job to perfection. As the feet stopped, the figure could be seen, if only slightly. There was a movement of some kind of material, moving only thanks to the stopping of this assassin. Pure black, just like the rest of him, except for his skin. His skin was radiating by the light of the moon, his face turned up to look at the moon. Next to him was a steeple but not just any steeple. It was the steeple of a church, one that had a cross sparkling slightly in the moon light. Why would an assassin choose a church to stop at? Well, it was the highest building in town, great for spotting targets and for tricking the minds of the peasants. Not only that, but it was another game. This time, towards what ever god was prayed to in the church. Another night a spirit would be sent to them and the gods could do nothing.

The assassin stayed there, crouched as he watched what ever nightlife was still going on at this time of night. Soon though, he would have to leave. It was getting time to start the day training, one that the assassin would be dead if he missed. And not just by his elders but by himself. To miss training was like betraying his family and the assassins there. Today, he would be helping to teach a few assassins to get better. They have not been able to learn by the other teachers and he was the last resort, like he came to except. It was fun, being able to correct assassins. It was like a game. How far could he push them today? What will they learn, what would they forget? What would have to be beaten into them? A smirk crossed the assassin's lips before his disappeared from the steeple.

By the time he returned to his day time station, the sun was just barely peeking over the horizon, causing the sky to have a red appearance. Another person dead, more blood spilled and another day beginning. Staying in the shadows, Irral waiting for his next duty to start. He had gotten some sleep, right after the day shift and before the night shift. He was a quick killer, only needing a few hours to track down his target and kill them, even if he did play with them more than any other assassin did. It was fun, and as long as he killed them, no one in the Houses, or the Emperor, would mind. Midnight was the best time to kill and he had time to sleep before he went out. He could also sleep after the job was done, and had a few times up on the church steeple, but he hardly ever needed it. He was a light sleep rand never needed much sleep.

"Give me names, I'll give you blood." Irral chuckled slightly. He said it every time he reported in for his night shift, especially when someone said it would be hard to do or that they had people to be killed and didn't say who. It was always a laugh for him, though he never showed it. It was true though. Give him names, and he would kill who ever it was. Well, as long as it went with the assassin's honor. Not Irral's honor, but the assassin tradition and honor they were all taught as kids. As Irral waited for his day time shift, he recalled the tradition and honor, making sure it was fresh and stayed fresh in his mind.

"ɢινε мε ηαмεs, ιʟʟ ɢινε yσu ʙʟσσ∂."

═╝

User Image
xoxoxo"Jeez Irral, don't need to be so morbid," she teased her older brother. Even though he was older, it was funny how she was able to make fun of him because of their sibling alliances with each other. They acted like friends, but their father was their only blood connection to each other. She remembered the good old days, when their younger siblings and them used to hang out together, laugh together, and even spar with each other. Of course Irral came out first and he was the strongest, but even in the little spars, Mei found his weak spots and won. Of course, you had to be more serious during training, sparring, and even meditation, but small little spars like the ones they used to do were always their second choice. Her younger brothers were easy to pick on, being the only girl it was hard to learn manners. Her father never expected his daughter to marry so he found no need for manners, but growing up, she had to learn them anyway. It was a hassle for her to learn them, I mean, she was the only girl out of all her brothers, its quite sad. She found no female companions whatsoever, so she hung out with her brothers and commrades even though she was different in gender. She can find the weak spots in everyone, it was just something that she enjoyed wathcing, observing in everyone of what they miss sometimes.

The most amusing moment in her life was the day her brother fell in love. He looked like he was on cloud nine, it was a horrifying sight. He would act like nothing was wrong, but after training, he was simply out of it. Mei had to stalk her older brother and see what was going on when she caught him taking a peek at the House of Tigers, a girl simply on her knees, standing straight and not even looking anywhere else but making eye contact with their father. She would poke and tease her brother saying that he was in love and made kissy faces to him and everything. He teased her by saying that she would someday fall in love and she simply replied that she would never fall in love because she acts stronger than most men, and there were no men who were good enough for her. He'd point to the eldest male in the House of Tigers and she thought he was cute, but when she met him, he was definitely not his type. He too lienient, not very much her style, he was definitely weaker in her perspective because his hand shake wasn't even that strong, he was a weakling for being the Eldest heir. Meeting the House of Snakes was even more horrifying. All of them men from the House of Snakes were way too prickly, their attitudes disgusting, and their wants horrifying. Her brother agreed with her eventually when he met them himself, it was terrible. But so, his wife, the Second heir of the House of Tigers, were together, she found his ways interesting, her found her beautiful and blooming, and so, their life together started. She was happy for him of course, not lonely whatsoever, as long as she had a family to be with.

But, the day of her marriage was the worst day of her life, it started with her father telling her that he would marry her off to the Eldest heir of the House of Snake who she thought was absolutely despicable, but when she heard that the Emperor wanted her to marry him, she couldn't say no. She turned to her married brother and couldn't cry, just simply have his comfort by her side. Talking to his wife was easy, she understood her more but she didn't go through what she was going through. She didn't even see the Eldest heir until they were put into one room together that was their room in the House of Snakes and he took off the veil, showing his face. All of the assasins were hot/gorgeous, and he was, but his attitude was the worst of the worst. He rarely let her go out, the only person she was allowed to talk to was himself, she could barely visit her family, she either had to stay in the room during missions or go on them with him, which she was never in agreed with, she felt as though her freedom was taken away, she simply couldn't understand. But her freedom slowly came back when he decided that it was okay to visit the family once in a while and talking to his siblings was fine as well. She still felt as though her every move was being watched. It was horrifying, like a really bad scary movie. Her freedom was suddenly gone in the wisp of a breeze.

My n a m e is M e i and t r u s t me, you d o n ' t want to m e s s with t h i s...

7,050 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
╔═

"Long time no see, my dear sister." It truly had been a long time since his dear sister came around. If it wasn't for the fact that he could be leaving himself open for another one of their sparring games, Irral would have given his dear sister a hug. For quiet some time she had been staying away from her family and the House. Her husband, as he knew, was a strange man. he had met him only twice and each time felt sorry for his sister. The Emperor did not know that the match was a good match or he did not care. Though it would put an end to the dispute between the two Houses, it was a shame to see his sister go to someone like him. Shaking his head slightly, Irral wanted to chuckle. His life was good, yet like in any family, the second in line had some troubles. Then again, all families were different and all Houses had their own type of people. There was nothing wrong with it, just ironic in a way. However, this was a thought for a different time.

As Irral closed his eyes slightly, relaxing his body again. This was his type of meditation, especially when he didn't have a good place to actually fall into the true stance of meditation. Anyways, why get down lower than your enemies when you could easily be killed? It was something that Irral never understood but never argued with. The traditions were traditions, even though many of them left people wide open for an attack. It was why Irral almost always had his back to either a wall or something that could protect his back. He may be an assassin, but many were after his head as well, just like every other assassin, like every person. Though there may not be anyone from the surrounding Houses that would try to kill a House assassin, there were always small band of self trained, self killed, assassins that tried to get themselves a higher standing in the society. Irral wanted to chuckle again. They were self killed, sending themselves after assassins that would kill them. There was no honor amongst those assassins, unless if you count their pact between each other. Even then, that pact and honor was rather shaky compared to a House's pact and honor.

As Irral started to think to much, he pulled his mind back to the present. All of those thoughts could, should and would be saved for a different time. A time when he wasn't visiting with his long 'lost' sister. They all knew where she went, why she was not visiting them. It was her husband, keeping her with his family and his household for way too long. Then again the males in their society did have the 'right' over their females. Even if Irral did not agree with this tradition. Just one of those traditions that he kept to himself. Well, at least tried to. His sister, like any sister raised in a family of males, was just like a nosy brother. Always trying to figure out how to get on the backs of her siblings, especially Irral. Though he acted as if he minded it, it was quiet fun. Just another game that he had gotten used to.

"So, dear sister, how long is he allowing you to stay and visit?" Irral finally opened his eyes as he spoke, listening to the sound of his voice. A true assassin's voice. A smooth purr, one that could be used in a friendly situation like this one, or in an alley to scare the target. It was almost music, sweet music, but it held the dark air that was Irral. It spoke of the dangers lying under that calm face, the troubles if anyone got him mad, if anyone threatened him or his family. It also spoke of the assassin that came out at night, the cold hunter that was Irral's other half. Both sides mixed together to form a silky, velvet voice that was like a predator's lure. To bring in the enemy, to trap the enemy in his words, to entice his enemy when he needed too. There were so many used for a voice like his.

═╝

User Image
xoxoxo"So, dear sister, how long is he allowing you to stay and visit?"

God, her brother's voice hasn't changed whatsoever. He still acted the same, he was still the same, everything about him didn't change. Maybe it was time she talked to his wife, make her staighten him out a little. She chuckled at the thought. She looked at Irral with a smile, a fake smile, she wasn't allowed to frown in front of her family, she wasn't allowed to show any emotion that may portray that her husband was mistreating her. She instead used body language, she had different types of smile, movements, and faces that portray any type of expression of dire neep of help. Her fake smile meant that she was unhappy as her left shoulder shrugged, and her right foot lifted its heel slightly. What it meant was that she wasn't doing very well and that she wasn't doing well whatsoever and that she has a bruise on her left shoulder. The heel lifting meant that she was being watched.

"No dearest brother, it seemed that I am only here for another minute before I have some of my husband's commrades take me home."

Her voice had the urge of staying, she wanted to stay so badly. She rubbed her eyes and mouthed the word 'miss.' When she rubbed her eye is meant she wasn't getting enough sleep, if you looked closely, she had makeup to show that she had no bags under her eyes. She couldn't sleep because her husband wouldn't let her. Every move he made was the closer he was to having sex, which she was not in agreed with. At night, she would turn her back on him, but she could tell that he wa awake, he was always awake. The only time where he had complemented her was when he was seducing her, which didn't work. He would whisper to her that she was beautiful and everything, and try to touch her but Mei wasn't that stupid to fall for it.

"It's a shame I cannot stay for longer though, I would have loved to, really I would. But my wonderful husband is expecting me at home."

Lies, that was a complete and utter lie. The only reason why he wouldn't let her go was probably because he was just that turned on. She rolled her eyes. showing that that wasn't true whatsoever. She sighed, remembering the good old days.

My n a m e is M e i and t r u s t me, you d o n ' t want to m e s s with t h i s...

7,050 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
╔═

Irral watched her closely now, knowing that the chuckle was just the beginning. Assassins always had ways to talk to each other, developed be friendship, comradeship, and living with each other. Certain movements meant different things during certain situations. During a battle, hand signals and body languages were important, during missions the same. During peaceful environments, every aspect of the body could mean something. The position of the body, the movement of the eyes or other body parts, the quickening of breath, even odd habits that tended to appear. Even the smallest movement could mean something, and for those who looked on, the meaning could have many different things. Irral smirked, this time meaning that he understood what was going to be happening. His eyes sparkled, another sign of his. Another sign that he was awaiting the clues.

There was that smile, one that had a bit of strain to it. A fake smile. Irral picked up on this meaning first. Something wasn't going alright in her life and she wasn't enjoying it. Irral knew that fact just by how rare she was able to visit family, how rare he ever let her out. Things weren't going easy, not easy at all! A snarl almost came out until Irral controlled himself. His left upper lip twitched slightly, a signal that he wasn't enjoying the news. Of course, he expected the relationship to be hard, but not this hard, not this cruel. One hand shifted to his pocket, the other running through his hair and he leaned back with the hand. Though it would mean that war would start, he could not let anyone treat his sister, or any siblings, as hard as this man was. The movement was a sign of free will assassination. Where he himself put the death of the one they were talking about first on his list of deaths for the next or following nights. Shaking his head, Irral knew the answer. Shoving the other hand into his pocket, turning both elbows towards his body, Irral gave another coded message. What should they do? It could also be a sign of silent submission, but Irral's personal honor would never use it that way.

"Such shame. You barely have enough time to visit us anyone. Such a shame." The slight shake of his head meant the words meant something else. 'So cruel, so cruel,' was the true meaning of those words. His own tone meant he wanted his sister to stay as well. They barely had enough time to see each other and the fact that she was leaving shortly.. This was cruel. Not only on her but her birth House and family. Especially on Irral who made it his mission as a child to protect his family. Such a code was hard to break even if his sister now belonged to a different house and family.

"We would love to visit longer with you. It is a shame that you can't stay for mid-meal. Tell him I say Hello and would love to see him soon." Irral blinked twice before chuckling to himself. He would love to meet his brother-in-law on unfriendly matters if only he could. Then again, the treaty formed between the two houses would be broken and he punished for killing a member of a different house. He wouldn't truly do it, but he would love to.

═╝

User Image
xoxoxoMei walked up to his brother and gave him a hug, whispering in his ear "He will rape me today, according to the soothsayer, and he is very strong, stronger than you. I don't want you to get hurt, so do not take your revenge, be safe my brother, be safe with your wife, and hope for a better life than mine."

Mei turned to see her husband's commrades in front of her as she lower her eyes in a glare and walked to them. They looked at her then looked at her brother as a hiss was heard under her breath, meaning to back off, that he was not to be toyed with. The commrades looked back at her as they left.

Mei would never be happy. Never. The soothsayer, or fortune-teller, told her that her husband would first dine with her, slip some alcohol so that she would get doozy, then lie her in bed. She would be conscious of course, but what she was most afraid of in the soothsayer's was the 'seering pain' that she would experience. Seering pain. Seering pain. The words would not stop echoing in her head, it would continue to beat. Beat like a drum.

EH!! Writer's block... DX

7,050 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
╔═

Irral returned the hug, listening closely. Rage covered his body, touching every muscle in his being. His fingers urged to strangle that b*****d, his body urged to go on the mission now. Yet, his sister knew better than him. Bending his toes slightly in his boots, he took control over his emotions."Be safe my sister, ignore the pain and do not give him comfort." Irral wanted, more than anything now, to kill his sister's husband. The urge was stronger than anything else. His sister spoke words that bound him to the spot where he was now. Do not take revenge. Mei knew him so well. Perfectly well even. Hope for a better life? He would make one for his sister, if only his sister allowed him to.

The comrades came to his attention next. Stealthy men. As he let his sister from his arms, he knew he wouldn't see her for some time. If only luck was on his sister's side. Irral glared darkly as he seen the comrades look at him, a hiss coming form his own lips. He was threatening to come closer, to take one more step into his grounds. Though it wasn't truly his as it was his family's, he was still a protector and a member of the House, as well as the eldest heir. Taking a slight step forward, Irral prepared himself for something that never would come.

Watching his sister leave, Irral dug his nails into his skin, causing blood to form. He watched their retreating forms, trying his hardest to keep himself there, rooted to the spot he was in. Soon, the figured were gone from even his sight. Soon, his sister would meet a fate he would love to save her from. With a warrior's sigh and grumble, Irral turned his own back only to see the assassins he were to train today. Just at his face they were already quivering. Fire of hate burned in his eyes so strongly that even the best assassin would be afraid. Blinking once before twice and keeping his eyes closed on the second blink, Irral focused his mind on calm thoughts. He would have to push those thoughts away, even though his heart was torn right now.

With one thumb, he pushed his sword out only two inches before opening his eyes.
        "Prepare!" It was his word that training had started, that he would not go easy on them. Smirking darkly, Irral got into a crouched position, his famous sword defense. In the next moment, training begun as the trainees charged. Today, no one would go home without at least a few nasty bruises. This was just one step higher than their normal training and what real life would be. As swords clashed and danced, Irral's mind was split between the moment and his sister. He felt sorry for her, truly sorry but he knew there was nothing he could do for her.

{Its alright, mine is short as well.}

═╝

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
▫ ▪☯ Қirin ☯▪ ▫
◄ ბragon’s ϯhird ℏeir ►
× ◊▬♦▬◊▬♦▬◊ ×

The thrill of a mission never, ever left Kirin's mind as he crossed another name off the list of targets that his family were to eliminate. It was funny to think that he did this duty so willingly now, when in his younger days, he was reluctant at best to strike fatal blows. Something had changed in Kirin, the third heir of the House of Dragons since he was a boy, however. As he grew older, more mature and saw the ways of the world, he begun to cast away whatever regret he had for sinking his sharp, pointy dirk into the backs of despicable people. They were the easiest targets to bring down, because in the end, it was for the good of all. Sure, bounty was wondrous on those marks that everyone wanted dead, but behind his joy of receiving payment was a joy of the duty itself that Kirin possessed.

With today's target felled, Kirin went by his evening and afternoon ritual, which served to relax the now 'grown-up' third-in-line heir to the House of Dragons. He dropped in, some of the servants of the house almost saying it looked like Kirin 'appeared' into his sleeping quarters, spreading himself out upon his bed and taking one of his many scrolls out that contained his favorite stories. They were all stories of assassins whom had been heroes, ones whom brought honor, peace, stability, and tranquility to their families and their countries. As his eyes scanned across a scroll that he'd unconsciously picked from the others, it clicked in his mind that this happened to be his favorite tale that he was reading.

It was a tale of the great Shadow Striker, the only man whom was left after his squad of assassins were all executed in the name of an Emperor whom ruled with an iron fist. When all seemed to be lost, common people were oppressed and the only assassins left were those who ran missions in favor of corruption and turmoil, the great Shadow Striker invaded the tyrant's stronghold by himself. The great hero struck down those who opposed him with a single stroke from the shadows of the palace, said to be bigger now that the new ruler was nothing more than a power-crazed lunatic. He traveled swiftly through the many shadows until he reached the throne room, where the Striker noticed that he was actually the second-to-the last of his men left, as the man's older brother was knelt before the new ruler in preparation of his execution.

The story told how the Shadow Striker, with just one Dirk freed his older brother, the honor and pride of his House of Assassins, and shortly after pierced it through the heart of the one who caused strife in the land. When the people of the country came to thank their savior, he had already vanished into the darkness of the shadows, where even his own kin he saved couldn't see him. Since then though, everyone believed that the great hero came from the shadows to strike down enemies, whether they were Fear, Doubt, or another assassin.

Rolling the scroll shut, Kirin realized now why he became so very loyal to one person in particular, his elder brother. It wasn't just that he too wanted to be a hero like the great Shadow Striker and many others, but when they were small, there was always a trust between Kirin, Irral, and Mei that no one else in the family shared with each other. He thought fondly of both his siblings, how they used to get into trouble whenever they could, because that's just what children did. The third heir chuckled... only for a moment. Reminiscing proved to serve him in a bad way at this time, as he lamented how Mei never came to see him. Irral told Kirin many things of when she came to visit, but by coincidence, the Dragon's Third Heir was always out on a mission. Always. And every time, it seemed like the House of Snakes made up even more excuses for the brothers to stay out of their sister's married life.

Putting the scroll away, Kirin was now agitated. He wasn't supposed to feel this way after reading his favorite assassin epic story! There was only one other thing that could release him from the stress he had, other than carrying out the duty (which he'd already done for tonight.) Irral would be training the lesser ranked assassins, and since Mei was married off to another house, Kirin was trusted to be a sort of second mentor to the ones not quite up to his brother's level of sparring. Unlike the Eldest heir, Kirin knew a little restraint, and thus was very patient and understanding of different levels of fighting.

When he walked into the grounds that were used for training, Kirin made sure to greet his brother before he stepped too close. Even in training, one could be killed if they weren't careful to sound off that they were indeed in the room at the time. "Hello, Irral. Aren't we starting a bit late? Not that I mind or anything..." He gave a slight grin, a genuine one that he really only showed around his elder brother and sister. "I got to actually rest a little while after my mission, you know. It was relaxing. I just hope I haven't kept you or the young ones waiting."

× ◊▬♦▬◊▬♦▬◊ ×
ʆoyalty is my greatest strength.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas