Welcome to Gaia! ::

(( I'm not sure super-powered characters are the answer to epic stories and fights. I think the solution to bringing fun and passion back into the game might be for everyone to stop being uptight and trying so hard. I know I was in love with Gaia when I first started because I had no elitist attitudes; I just played and embarked on my own adventures as my own character. I didn't worry about how perfect my writing was or how technical my attacks were. My emotions were in it and it was like the other characters were people. Then as time went on my ego got bigger and every post became more of a painstaking process until I didn't really enjoy it anymore. ))

On the edges of the Steele grounds, a tree rustled. Rufio somersaulted through the leafy boughs, landing on the grass with a light thump. Standing, he adjusted the brim of his black fisherman's hat, peering across the grounds. Near the mansion, a girl swiped at a guy with a sword. A large figure in black stomped toward them.

"Hm," Rufio grunted, harrying along the treeline in their direction.
different breed
(( I'm not sure super-powered characters are the answer to epic stories and fights. I think the solution to bringing fun and passion back into the game might be for everyone to stop being uptight and trying so hard. I know I was in love with Gaia when I first started. because I had no elitist attitudes I just played and embarked on my own adventures as my own character. I didn't worry about how perfect my writing was or how technical my attacks were. My emotions were in it and it was like the other characters were people. Then as time went on my ego got bigger and every post became more of a painstaking process until I didn't really enjoy it anymore. ))
((Except for the slight edit, I can't think of anything to add.

And, to avoid solid OOC))

Warai's smile got a bit goofier the longer he waited for a reply from the space-cadet. Something was in the trees but he didn't bother trying to look around at it- the trees were on his bad side.
(( I'd like to take this time out to rant to you s'more. I enjoyed my first character so much because he felt. I was interested in seeing how others reacted to the things he did and enjoyed watching him get pissed or sad or frustrated and then reacting to his environment. That's how fun guild wars start. When all you're focused on is how quickly you can crush your opponent with your ego it can't be much fun for you or the other guy. Good characters are those who think and feel and make others care about them. I remember first joining Gaia and thinking about how dull a lot of people seemed until I really got into it.

Instead of making up all your character's souped-up weapons when you create him, focus on who he is. All the weapons my character my character my character used to get had significance to him and I couldn't wait to explore all the different ways I could use them. Etc. ))

"Rufio.

"RUFIOOOOOOOOOO."
(STAVE not SWORD tyvm. As in A staff or cudgel.)
Digi growled, now getting a headache. Is this what Torran always felt? People popping out of the woodwork. Annoying. "Do you need something...." Wake up soon Love...

Desirable Prophet

5,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
*he appeared behind Digi with a look of disgust and pain.*
(( I'll tell you what I feel like. Like I became a tense roleplayer, stiff and rigid, a mean roleplayer, writing with my chin down or my head cocked. Conceited, too, probably. Too much business. Everybody's a machine, focusing on technicalities and one-upping and 1HKing one another. You focus on too many details and miss the big picture. You don't have to be a scientist or an engineer or a Hemingway to roleplay. No thanks. I'll deal with that but write something like a human. ))

:post:
((things seem to be about normal here. ^.^ im back for the most part. just need a good reason for being gone and i will post in ernest. And truth be told breed i agree with your last post.))
[So post Torran, jump in this...]
((Sorry for the vanishment, been busy, tired, etc. Heck, I still am, just in denial about it since it's Sunday. And no, overpowered one-man-army characters are definitely not the way to action. The proper way should be the exact opposite - weaker characters who have to work together to attain victory. That's how big, epic wars get made. If everyone's a one-man army, they're too busy douchebagging around to have an interesting point. For example, my big one-on-one showdown with Ertai, which was literally just each person blocking the other's immensely flashy and arrogant entrance until one gave up and left.))

The woman suddenly flies off...and the skeleton, if still inside the capture barrier, follows.

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
[[@Gel- Ertai Vs. Dyne was one of the biggest lolzfests I've ever seen. Ertai posts, Dyne posted, then about 10 pages of back to back OOC between the two.]]

[[Also, due to my character being locked at the Brotherhood for a week, I'll just assume this timeline is further on than that one, and use Hayden here as well.]]

As a follow up to the deal, Hayden had been sent in Shader's place. Apparently, Shader was attacked, twice, while he was trying to make his deal, and got frustrated enough to actually ask Hayden for a favor. That was something you didn't see every day. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to see it every year.

But, whatever. Hayden walked through the dense forests, approaching what he was told was the general direction of the target. He still wasn't anywhere close, though.

Codger

Jade considers acting as his skeleton is removed but instead is rather intrigued to see where this woman is headed. His voice continues to resonate in the air, "So just where do you think you are taking my skeleton?"

((Oh, Torran. You may want to take notice of the fact that your orbital cannon re-entered the atmosphere and made a rather nasty crater just outside Steele grounds.))
Mesa stood a moment puzzled, the only intel he needed more on this place was the security system, if indeed there was any besides the family itself. Closing his eyes a moment he'd extend his perception a bit in order to sense for anything none human that was giving off energy. The house itself shown to be a major power plant below the mansion, and other signatures of varying degree appeared within the forest and inside the mansion. The minut consistency of their energy output suggested mechanical units, though there was only one way to find out truly. Drawing the nano pistol from his belt in the back, he aimed at the door of the mansion. Setting the dial to fully automatic he unloaded twenty hollow points into the door itself. The damage would be minimal, but it should indeed trigger some kind of alarm.
((Now who went and did something like that? oh well. I needed to upgrade it anyway))

Awakening for an impromtue hybernation was a process that apparently didnt take as long as one would think. He had some how found his way deep underground surrounded by not only an energy shield, but by a geode full of diamonds. His Lady had taken steps to protect him.....that was not a good thing. That means while he was out something that could harm him had happened.
A single thought opened a tunnle to the surface and he rose quickly out of it. Exalting in the open air and the thrill of flight..then he took a moment to survey the area.

"Master! Were have you been?! The whole damn world has gone to hell. Even Justice has-"

"Can it Kai! Give the profit and lose after the fact. For now informe everyone tagged as ally that i am very very angry."
His eyes had shifted from human to glowing a deep, blood red.
Around the entirity of the grounds the sky turned dark and the wind picked up. Lightning stabbed the sky and the wind hit hurrricane force. Beneathe him the earth began to quake, splitting the ground deeply. The mansion itself began to tilt.

Flying to the mansion he called in his new weapon. It to , turned blood red.
Keeping her guard up as she soars off back to the Army of Blight base, the woman responds, "To a kindly new home, of course. Poor thing, ya know?"
((Bin's here!! Run!! mrgreen ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces