Welcome to Gaia! ::

Codger

((Tai: How the ******** do you even hum that s**t?))

Jade didn't reply to Torran nor did he redirect his line of fire to assault the man rapidly advancing on his de facto ally. Instead he lowered his weapon and began calmly walking towards the felled tree with nary a care in the world. The fact that he was fundamentally unable to bring harm to any Steele did not include inaction and as this man seemed to hold him no personal ill will he let him go about his business. Kneeling beside the tree he extends a hand to rest upon the bark as veins of prismatic light expand through the length of the wood. Even before their eyes the tree began dissolving away into a cloud of emerald crystal and coruscating light.
A 30ft distance was not much. In fact it left him with very little time to react. Instead of attempting to attack and possibly missing, Torran instead did two things simultaniously. Drawing the long black blade at his side, and dropping to a ready stance. When the attacker lept into the air Torran simply added a bit of visable light to the the small shield placed to the front and back of his body. It covered those two spots, from ground to head, but could be made to enclose his whole body. This shield was an extension of Torran's own power. He had put it up when he first met Jade. He flashed it now in a sapphire hue as a warning much the same way a rattlesnake uses it's tail.
"Thanks for the warning Jade." He smiled. If the creature wasnt going to help him, then at least he was getting out of the way.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
((Lets see here, a bit of setup and prior knowledge is needed to understand my character... so i will do my best.))
Shrouded in a black cloak, with his arms and legs as well as much of his visible skin was wrapped up in black satin cloth, striding fourth towards the mansion slowly in his wood sandals with but a staff clenched in his hand, he made no efforts to conceal his movements nor his intentions. He was there for blood. A Payton [an ancient race of the physical dimensions and one of the two brothering races that existed before the sinister Deniese gave birth to the five worlds] born into the nexus, son of the strongest family in the race, he was sent here to prove himself to his father and bring the world to attention of their existence. Their races powers over the physical realm had all but vanished off the face of the realm, and through this battle, win or loose, their presence will once again be felt.

After a few minutes of fast paces walking, he came up to the barrier that Tacitus had formed. tapping on it, he then called fourth a small bit of will and as sections of his skin glowed blue and red, he parted the shield and entered the foray.
((Cuz I'ma piiaaammmpppppppp))

'Hmm. How interesting' Taigeku's thoughts wandered as he saw this masked man fighting what seemed to be the leader of this massive, and overly guarded guild. He looked over to Jade... 'Sighz'

He got to his feet lazily, and brushed most of the dirt off except for on his butt, so it kinda looked like he had a nasty accident and crunched through some more pricker bushes and stiff twigs beneathe his bare feet as he approached, stopped and waited for the things attention from a safe-ish distance of 15 feet away.

"Hey..." was all he mustered, having a slight lack of interest on his, and more on what he was doing to the tree. The chips continued to whirl about him, unchanged... still lazy.
Umbra doesn't deter from his course of action. So, the rather normal-looking ninjato crashes down on the, armored, Torran. Did that shielding deflect the blow?
Well, if so, Umbra answers, upon landing, with a swift kick to Torran's crotch. block that, mr fancy shieldy pants.!

Codger

Redforest

After a few minutes of fast paces walking, he came up to the barrier that Tacitus had formed. tapping on it, he then called fourth a small bit of will and as sections of his skin glowed blue and red, he parted the shield and entered the foray.

((Red, What the hell are you talking about?))
With that the battle was over. The shield around him was an extension of Torran's own power. In effect it destroyed the bonds between the elemental components of molecules. Umbra would dissolve into his bodies composite elements, i.e. carbon, lithium, hydrogen, etc. and pose no threat to any one any longer.

That begin taken care of, Torran sheathed his weapon and etended to shield to wrap around him, once again making it invisable.
"So tell me if you would, jade. Why are you here? If its just to annoy me then please leave. I am plenty annoyed as it is."
Umbra Ex Nihilo
Umbra doesn't deter from his course of action. So, the rather normal-looking ninjato crashes down on the, armored, Torran. Did that shielding deflect the blow?
Well, if so, Umbra answers, upon landing, with a swift kick to Torran's crotch. block that, mr fancy shieldy pants.!

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
Tacitus
Redforest

((Red, What the hell are you talking about?))

((I was entering the area where your self projections and light emissions were, i considered this a barrier, or at least a distraction, so in "splitting the barrier" you could say that it was my character refracting the annoying lights out of his eyes, unless you had already let that safeguard go, then I don't know what I was doing since i just assumed it to still be in existence, for this confusion I apologize. Now if i might, I think i will go over and assault Mr Steele in honor of an old FFA member who was from the low tech era of the Steele empire.))

Feeling a drop in power level, and seeing Steele return to his passive pose, I took quicker pace in walking towards him, but not choosing to interrupt his conversation, yet. As he watched the attempted crippling of steele by a swift kick, I couldn't help but emit a small chuckle as my face attempted to resume its strait and pallid form.

Codger

((It was stated several times that only the AI was receiving the images. The only thing affecting the PCs here is his inability to be tracked by technological and supermatural means.))

He glanced over to Tai, "Evenin' fleshbag." In mere moment the fallen tree had been entirely converted from mass into energy such that the concentration around Jade began to further disrupt supernatural and technological senses in the area. Even those with just a hint of supernatural sight would begin seeing static in their field of vision from the raw amount of power. It was a phenomenon that could not easily be adjusted for as the energy was pervading the area. The only true solution would be deactivating these altered senses to rely merely on base human level perception. He didn't even look to Torran as he spoke to him, "I haven't done nearly so much to annoy as I could. Concern yourself with things that want to stab you before you direct your attentions to me."

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
All along his body, red and blue marks flared up, glowing through his bindings in particular ruined patterns, shielding him from any possible minor infliction this build of energy might have had on his biotic structure but all he felt was a slight increase in temperature as if the AC had gone out in an automobile, uncomfortable bu bearable. I turned in annoyance to the figure that had just reduced the atoms into their most basic form, light, and reached out into the air where the light was bright and formed a pair of shades out of the mass of energy the sun gave off and slid them on in a slightly showy action as he exerted his general subpoena over the physics of all realms.
((Red wtf did you just do? Seriously, be clear or stfu.))

"You must realize that if i did that then i would never get anything done. There is always some one trying to stab me or poison me or blow me up." With a simple gesture a nearby gun emplacment would spring out of the ground and fire just above Redforest's head.
"Move any closer and you die! You have the chance to leave. Do it now or i will consider it hostile." He spoke to Red.
He had noticed the increase in power but the reason behind it was unclear. The overlays from the implants were so sublte that often times Torrans own power caused them to fritz.. He was more used to working without them.

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
((the race I am exemplifying is considered to be a Demigod in the book Death Realm Cycle, Paytons are born with pale skin and soon grow to a height of eight feet or so before maturity, the elders or parents of the child will adorn the newborn with insignia that represent the runes of reality to provide a channel for their natural ability to alter the physical elements around them. It is a sign of use or an active thought that cues these red and blue runes to glow, and some are self aware and activate without the need of thought or action such as a defensive or healing measure to block toxins, heal scrapes and defend from unwanted contact or heat/cold))

I held for a second, not wanting to have him think that I was unhearing, and issued a challenge, "Put your toys away and fight me." I had already seen him spring a few turrets on the previous contestants and I had good reason to believe that he would try this on me as well. With the challenge issued, I took another step towards him.

Codger

The gunshot that rang out drowned the man's words before he could finish and he would regrettably probably not live to even hear the thunderous sound. The fifty caliber bullet that screamed out from the firearm gleamed with the same coruscating inner light of the energy field. Not only was the projectile moving several times the speed of sound at near point blank range but the energy it carried had the ability to spread through anything it struck to reduce them to nothing just the same. Because of this it was also uniquely immune to outside influence in that attempts to destroy the projectile seemed ineffective. Indeed, even Torran's shield would likely be unable to stop the projectile entirely if he decided to turn the weapon on the Steele patriarch.

The shockwave and deafening roar were another matter entirely. If anyone cared to notice it would also be clear that Jade's arm had been shortened by half and that the bones therein had been reduced to dust. Recoil is a b***h.
At nearly the same moment as jade fired so to, Torran gave the command to fire.
About the time the projectile would hit the figure, the defenesive weapons would have begun unleashing a spread of both energy and solid ammunition roughly equal to a modern day vulcan cannon. At a firing rate of over 500 rounds a minute and pin point targeting they unleashed a wall of death at their targets.

A slight smile hit Torran's countenance.
The dark ominous man sat against a tree watching the calamity silently. He was bored, nothing for him to do. There was an itching in the back of the man's head for blood, but he didn't take up the opened offer. Rather, the figure waited, hoping that this would be over soon so he could prospect further into the home of his father.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff