Welcome to Gaia! ::

Codger

...and the world screamed.

The sky tore itself asunder as shards of the fabric of reality were stripped away and drawn back into the bridge to allow the travelers access. From the upper reaches of the atmosphere a single gleaming weapon of steel and magic pierced through the barriers of time and space. Slung under the maul an ellipsoid of orange ectoplasm seemed to slough off the air around it, not heating up in the slightest despite its rapid fall through the atmosphere.

It fell with such speed that when it made ground fall in the dunes just inland from the northern coast of the Gaian mainland just west of the cliffs it did not crater but merely punched through the surface to burrow deep below. The impact was so massive that had Allan not been encapsulated in the ectoplasmic barrier he likely would have been crushed to bits. The maul hits the ground only a few moments thereafter and when its head strikes the earth it releases a tempest of energy and stored reality distortions. In an instant a wave of energy passes underground, turning the deep sands into a network of crystal caverns and passageways while the surface remains pristine and otherwise apparently unharmed. To any sort of scan the crystal registered as merely unstable sand between the deflection of the crystal and the slightly phased nature of the area.
A wind picked up as Nadia climbed up onto one of the large boulders dotting the lake-side. Turning her face to the north, she fancied she could sense... something, pushing strands of her hair back behind her ear as the black lengths were pulled by the wind.

The lake hadn't calmed with the serpent's death, if anything the vortex had increased in strength, pulling water higher and higher and away from the centre. Finally, the very bottom, the deepest slab of stone, was revealed. Oddly enough, it was in the shape of a pedistal, something blue pulsing and flashing; the stone Nadia had been looking for. The agonizing throus of the soul inside could be felt even from a distance, it was no wonder the beast had been drawn here.

Stepping off the boulder, the spell tabs in Nadia's shoes would flare to life, drawing winds quickly to catch her foot. The Priestess's dark blue and black robes ruffled and billowed on the air, feet coming together as she propelled herself forward and down, pulling a long chain from her sleeve as she went.

A milky white quartz and a small portion of green crystal were already set in the gold links, shimmering with their own mystic light. One of the links was widening as Nadia approached this latest treasure, forming a hoop almost wide enough to put her head through by the time she came to a slow stop in the centre of the whirl-pool.

"Soon, my Queen. Soon..." Holding the two ends of the chain between her hands, Nadia would have to be careful, the stone lashing out several times with it's sharp white light. She felt pain growing in her chest the closer she came, but steeling herself against the emotion, Nadia dropped the hoop down. A flash of icy, grasping energy overcame her, and the priestess shut her eyes painfully against the glare, but it was done. Just like the quartz, just like the crystal, the Diamond was hers now...

And the whirlpool...

"s**t." ...stopped whirling.
((>_> Bored. *posts again* ))

Nadia escaped the crashing of the lake-water by the skin of her heels- literally. The sutra keeping her aloft shot her up so fast the priestess almost lost her balance, shooting up into the air and spinning a bit trying to get her control back. It was similar to ice-skating really, smooth, graceful- and really easy to make an idiot of one's self while going at it.

Sighing as she finally stabilized, Nadia'd draw the chain back out, examining the three glittering treasures held there. Each one was wide enough for her to just barely circle with her thumb and forefinger, and although the quartz and crystal were worthless as stones went, the diamond would probably have fetched a king's ransom had it not been enchanted the way it was.

Slipping them back up her sleeve, Nadia'd look around from her position, her senses still able to pick up the distant energy from something... odd. Well, a similar sense had drawn her to the lake, and that had proved exceedingly profitable, so what the heck? Changing the direction of the winds around her, Nadia'd begin speeding off towards whatever it was near the coast.
((My bad, my bad guys. GTA IV.))
Allan stood up, seemingly unscathed.

"Huh."

He reached into his cloak and procured one of those so well-known revolvers, and swiveled the cylinder out. Six magnum rounds in the moon clip. He was good. After brushing dirt off his shoulders, the man studied his surroundings. He was underground, for sure, but being in the presence of that Time Lord had muddled with his thinking a bit. The design was very familiar, but he couldn't place his finger on it.

Allan took out a cigarette from a tin case he happened to be holding in his hand and lit it. He wore a rather confused expression on his face.

"Anyone?"

Codger

((Sorry, I had to step away. No, he remembers the last 30 minutes. No, he can't go back. And no, you're underground. XP I noticed earlier I had forgotten to end a sentence in the second paragraph. That and... well... I built you a base that is basically infinitely customizable by Jade. XD Even if you were above ground, no notice of the giant ******** maul? XD))
((What's this 'maul' anyways? o_o))
PotenC
Allan stood up, seemingly unscathed.

"Huh."

He reached into his cloak and procured one of those so well-known revolvers, and swiveled the cylinder out. Six magnum rounds in the moon clip. He was good. After brushing dirt off his shoulders, the man studied his surroundings. He was underground, for sure, but being in the presence of that Time Lord had muddled with his thinking a bit. The design was very familiar, but he couldn't place his finger on it.

Allan took out a cigarette from a tin case he happened to be holding in his hand and lit it. He wore a rather confused expression on his face.

"Anyone?"
Nadia'd reach the sight of the impact soon enough, a smouldering hole in the ground with a large war-hammer in front of it. Landing on the edge of it, Nadia'd kneel down and peer into the darkness, her eyes unhindered by the inky shadows as she saw Allan's cigarette, and slowly the rest of him as well.

"Enjoy your flight, Allan?" She asked, curious as to what had happened to send him down so far... were the walls glittering?

Codger

For a moment it looked as though great ethereal hands of an emerald hue reached down to raise the maul from the ground but the image was gone just as quickly as the weapon itself was. High above near the slowly sealing hole in the fabric of time and space sat a small pixie made of jade light. With her task completed she knew well enough she could not stay but she did so enjoy this region of this particular timeline. With a sigh she resigned herself to pass through the nearly regenerated tatters of the Prime and leave behind a world with one too many copies of herself already.
"Not really no, to be frank. I got teleported out. And I think Jack is quick as a fox going to be replacing me with Ray-Ray."

Allan apparently had fun little nicknames for everyone. (This one for Kreuger.) Perhaps it lessened the somber nature of the organization.

He looked up through the hole. Nice predicament. He couldn't use the void dimension to phase himself out, so what now? It was comfy, this little underground thing. But too dark, the man thought loudly, as if that would change things.

"How goes you?"

The gunslinger took a drag.
"Well, if you ignore the Fire Golem's and Levaithans, things have been going exceptionally well."

"Need a hand?" She offered, holding one hand out and tugging on the shadows- plentiful as they were-, twisting them into a bit of a cord if he wanted to grab the cold substance and be hoisted out.

((Edited for creepy grammer mistakes... >_> ))
Allan began the slow process of hoisting himself up. It was tedious process; he was still very much out of it.

"Eh. Apparently I'm quarantined from my own little Void for a period time. Which translates to: I don't have access to anything."

He stepped onto solid ground, and then stared down at the black hole thoughtfully.

"This'll make a great new base," he said sarcastically.
"The Koala didn't work?" She asked, surprised as she'd give Allan a bit of a hand as he pulled himself out've the ground. Odd, Ming-ming was such a disgustingly cute little fluff-ball. Likewise, as he spoke she'd look down again into the hole, frowning.

"As much as I approve of the atmosphere, Allan, if you think I'm sleeping with you, Jack, Krausse, and Jade down there... I'm afraid there isn't enough space to even draw a line, let alone enforce it." Was Nadia trying to make a joke? Eew... "Where are the rest of them anyways? I haven't seen anyone since the infestation."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff