Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Prophet

{ Samayou Tamashii

Devil of the Mountain }

User Image

~{ In the night, you hear me calling.....
.....time to say Good-bye }~

Above in the dark clouds lighting cracked and thunder boomed. The large dark man laid motionless as Nix pounded at his chest, forcing his heart to pump blood through his system...but no breathe came. She filled his lungs with air and yet they did not inflate on their own. She repeated the process as rain poured down on his body water slipping across his torn and battered body...so old...so tired....

Meanwhile...deep with in his Sub-Conscious.

It felt like waking from a trauma, he lurched forward grasping for anything to hold to, his lungs inhaling deep as he screamed for breathe. Samayou felt awake but as he glanced around he was not in the graveyard...he was in...blackness....his mind. He could feel the pressure on his chest, his hand pressing own on his heart but he felt no pulse.
"Am I...dead?"

"You tell me..."

He spun his head around, glancing into the darkness around him as a voice spoke out. He could not see anyone but he had heard it as if they had whispered into his ear. His mind grasping for logic but he was not able to come to terms with any of this. "No...no...I can't be dead..there is so much left to do!"

"Don't you think you've done enough...."

He gasped at his heart again, feeling the sting of something tugging at his very soul. His mind defiant as it told him to stand and his body, though shaky, complied. He steadily tried to stand but it felt like he was standing on thin glass, cautiously he rose. "What...what are you?"

"...I'm you....I'm your hope, your fear, your dreams and creeds.....I'm...your God....."

Versatile Survivor

Nix nodded,in response as Kizu held the phone to her ear, of course, she'd completely forgotten some of the drawbacks to Kizu's abilities. Nix cared little for the phone however,it really was concern for Sama. Thankfully, some one on the other line picked up after several moments of ringing."Hello? Yes! Look, we're out just past the edge of the graveyard in the forest. Sama's not breathing and has no pulse." There was a pause as she steadied her breathing, and making sure she hadn't over counted the compressions.Her voice was authoritative and calm,leaving little room for argument, despite that she had to be rather loud over the storm." Get someone out here,quickly!" With a quick glance at Kizu, she hoped she conveyed that he was able to hang up the phone.

Two breathes. A pause. Nothing again.Continue.

Thunder, lighting and pouring rain- how fitting it was for their precarious situation. Over and over she counted and breathed, hoping beyond hopes that somehow they hadn't been to late.

Dangerous Prophet

The 911 Dispatcher got the information and sent it through. Due to the guilds location ambulance was impossible but long Samayou had contracted the local Hospital in Durem to keep several emergency helicopters on stand by for situations like this.

Considering he owned the place it hadn't been that hard to do.

3 minutes after her call a team had been assembled and the chopper was en route to the Guild, another 5 and it would be there....

Vozie's Senpai

Fashionable Gekko

-Hearing the dispatcher answer from the call, his ears lightly twitched and listened to Nix give out the information. There had to be something he could do to assist, other than look on at the attempt of getting Sama back up and moving. Catching sight of her glancing at him, it was indication of her part over the phone was done. He quickly ended the call and slid the phone back into her pocket, he crouched down near her and observed the guy for a moment while his alternate view was still active. With the flash of lighting and booming thunder billowing throughout the environment, the right clawed gauntlet begun to digitize into manifestation. "Eh?" A puzzled look appeared on that dark mug of his because, he didn't summon it back onto his hand.-
"C'mon Sama...."

Dangerous Prophet

{ Samayou Tamashii

Devil of the Mountain }

User Image

Meanwhile...in his mind....

Slowly he managed to stabilize himself and stand, his eyes darting around as he tried to peer into the darkness. All the while gripping his chest as he breathed in heavy amounts of air.
"Your...your not real, this is all just in my head."

"Are you sure? Maybe it's in mine?"

He clenched his fist tightly, cursing under his breathe as he grew angry. He kept himself in check however, ensuring to not let his emotions over ride his logic. "Enough games..."

"O I assure you, this is no game."

He paused, looking up into the blackness while his breathing began to finally calm.

"You just don't get it do you. You've killed billions, and lied to yourself for years. You've spent eons trying to mascaraed as some sort of Hero, a Saint for those weaker...but the truth is you were meant for more then that. You've lived in an idealistic lie that you made yourself because you couldn't cope with your true purpose....you can't accept the fact of what you are...it broke you...long ago........go on, tell me I'm wrong......"

Versatile Survivor

"He's not going to die."

Nix said to Kizu, she had to focus upon the task at hand and didn't look up.

"Not if I have anything to do with it."

Her hands were numb, and her body was forming a deep chill. But all that mattered was that she could keep Sama's heart still beating, still breath what little air she could into him. The woman forced the steady pace though it grew tiresome. CPR was taxing on a regular sized being, and Sama was one hell of a barrel chested lug.

"You hear me? Damn it Sama. Your going to pull through this."

Two breathes,and she returned to the process, renewing some of the vigor into herself. Reminding herself it was possible he'd live, that some how he would make it. Help was on the way,the woman told herself that she could rest then,but not sooner.

For a moment Nix glanced at Kizu, reassuring him on the matter. " He's never given up on us."

"So we won't give up on him."

Nix couldn't fail, couldn't let him down, not this time. She may of lost Jericho to whatever awful world that he'd gotten himself lost in.Maybe she really had failed, hadn't been there. This time she could do something,this time it mattered more than ever, this time she WAS there.

Nix stopped hoping,and started knowing, that Sama would survive.

It wasn't fair how much Sama had gone through, constantly losing the people he cared about,constant pain, constantly fighting his nature. Yet he fought it didn't he? Fought to do good on Gaia, to make a difference on a planet that was ultimately chaotic. This being gave so much,it was about time he received a little back.

Dangerous Prophet

Minutes passed like hours but soon the sound of thunder filtered out as the sound of whirling blades filled the air. The choppers engine roared louder and louder as it came closer to the Guild. The Pilot stabilized the chopper, the high beams flashing through the tree cover until they spotted the trio in a small clearing near the graves. Once they were spotted the chopper pulled back and landed in the clearing out in front of the guild, the paramedic team unloaded like professionals and began their hump to the patient.

The Medic was Thomas Brets and his partner Richard who had been working for Samuel for years, they had just never met the man. They ran ahead as another crew prepared the stretcher and soon Tom and Rich were upon Nix and Kizu.
"Rich over here....o s**t...RICH ITS SAMUEL!" Tom could barely shout over the sound of the storm and the chopper but the older paramedic managed to find him but a few seconds later, cursing in his thick Irish accent when he saw who was laying on the ground.

The older paramedic rushed next to his young partners side. Tom looked over to Nix, nodding as he took over the compression pace while Tom set up on the other side of him. "How long has been out?"

Versatile Survivor

"Oh thank god"
Nix breathed as the lights brushed over the trio,of course she didn't stop, but it was a relief. Nix couldn't hear a thing over the din of the storm and chopped combined and just waited for whoever would appear. Once Tom arrived, she quickly allowed him to take over, sitting back in the mud and taking a breath that was wholly for herself.

They weren't out of the woods yet, figuratively and literally, but something was being done.Nix thought about the question posed, how long had they been out here? How long had he been unconscious before?

" I don't know."
Nix admitted,honestly clueless."We found him this way.We've been at this for awhile,a few minutes before the call." The young woman rubbed her temples, looking to Kizu in case he had a better answer. The time had passed so slowly, each second tense, even now she was eagerly looking at Sama to see if he would breathe.

Vozie's Senpai

Fashionable Gekko

"Yeah"
-Like hell if this big b*****d going to die on us. Both of them know that, it was going to take alot to keep him down for the count. He took a good look at the gloomy skyline for a little bit and let out an exasperated sigh as she tried to contact Sama, this weather wasn't going to let up at all for the three of them. Shifting his gaze back down towards the two, he noticed Nix glancing towards him as she spoke and she's right. He never did, and they'll never give up either. Kizu is always willing to help, and he didn't mind at all for those he's close to, whether it bit him back in the a** or not.

If anything at this point, he would of punched Sama in the back of the head for not even asking him for his help. One thing Kizu learned during his travels, don't be afraid to lean on those that care, share the load and your life wouldn't be so much of a struggle. Rising up onto his feet with the right gauntlet resting along his hip, his keen senses started to pick up something through the thunderstorm. Shifting his head about every which way in detecting it's general direction to the source, it took a second to realize that it was a chopper. It had arrived moments later and the sound of the aircraft grew louder as it drew near.

Mentally he was ecstatic that helped have finally arrived and on the outside, all he would do is simply smirk when looking into the distance. The smirk faded when the brightness of the light shined in his face and his perception started to flicker into fading towards his normal view, he raised that gauntlet up to block the lighting as he mildly squint to see. "I really hate bright lights sometimes." was uttered amongst himself as the paramedics swiftly approached the three, he assumed at how well known Sama is when one was in shock to see him laid out. Hearing about the time frame in question, he looked at Nix for a response and he could say the same thing. When she looked at him, he simply shrugged his shoulders before replying."My best guess from looking, he's been out like a light for about thirty minutes or so." He could only make that rough estimate due to the fact, he was still able to barely track his scent and prints through the heavy storm.-

Dangerous Prophet

"30 mins, jesus christ I hope your wrong!" Tom struggled to keep the situation under control as Richard shook his head, grabbing the man's jacket.

"Tom we got to move him now, we can't do anything out here!"

Tom nodded as he pulled a red stick from his bag and popped the flare, tossing it to the side as a signal for the others to follow. He kept the compression up for a little longer before other paramedics with a stretcher finally arrived. Richard moved out of the way and they positioned it right next to Samuel, working as a team and lifting him onto the stretcher in unison. Once on the stretcher they popped the legs, stood as a team and began to move. Tom motioned for the pair to follow the team as they headed back to the chopper. He had one hand on the stretcher, the other on his bag as he screamed over the sound of the storm to Nix.

"We are taking him to Durem North Hospital, you guys can travel with us in the chopper...."

The sound of thunder roared over head as the extraction team break through the tree line and ducked down. Covering their heads and the patient as they low ran for the chopper doors, sliding in the stretcher and then loading up.

Once all were inside the chopper would lift off......

Versatile Survivor

Nix backed off and out of the way to let the paramedics do their job, there was nothing she would be useful for now. The rain just kept pouring down, everyone was soaked through in a few moments. Now that she didn't have to focus on keeping Sama going, her mind was focusing on everything else, on every worry that she'd already tried to crush. But again, despite her fretting, the woman tamped it down. Sama would make it, he had to. She stood next to Kizu, intently watching the paramedics begin loading Sama up.She shivered while standing, soaked and covered in mud. That's when she heard the calling of Tom over the din of the storm and chopper,the winds whipped every which way and drowned out all other sound. If you weren't shouting, the words were simply lost on your lips.

She loaded on, presumably with Kizu, not wanting to hold up the operations. It was a marvel at how large the helicopter was,and Nix was a bit surprised that it managed the team,the stretcher and the added passengers. It was back to Durem Hospital again, lord, she spent plenty of time there didn't she? On the chopper Nix would just be quiet, thinking and listening to the motor,the whirring of the blades. Glancing to the stretcher, then Kizu. Though they didn't know each other very well, she was very glad for the company- it made it all a little easier to bare. If he ever looked back to her, Kizu would see the slight,tired smile that said as much.

Dangerous Prophet

The paramedics rushed around him now, one of them stabilizing the stretcher as they tied it down. Tom was hunched over Samuel, cutting the t-shirt off as he pressed down on his chest and kept the CPR. "Give me a shot of adrenaline and the defibrillator!" The other Paramedic glanced over, shaking his head but Tom simply screamed back. "Now, do it now!" The man complied as Tom took the shot, pulled of the safety cover and stuck it into the chest. He pushed down on the plunger then grabbed the paddles of the portable device. "Charge to 300!"........CLEAR!" The body of Samuel jolted as he shocked the heart, then pressed his fingers to the side of the man's neck.

"Nothing damn it..... charge to 400!" "Clear!"

Meanwhile, in Samuel's Mind-scape.

The Devil paused on the words that were spoken too him, it was not a concept he had not thought of before. Whatever entity was speaking too him deep with in his complex sub-conscious was trying to make him doubt, make him wish for death.
"We're done here, I'm Leaving...."

"You just can't accept the truth, you refuse to learn from your mistakes. It takes a strong man to deny what's right in front of him."

"Stronger then you..." His defiant response was met with silence for a moment, his breathe deep as he closed his eyes, willing himself to wake. The last words he heard faded into silence as he fell back into a deep trance.

"What-ever you say Samuel......"

Back on the chopper....

"Charge again! God damn it you big b*****d don't you die on me!....Clear!" Tom shocked him again and watched as the body jolted and then laid motionless. No chest movement, no pulse...nothing...... Richard patted his shoulder as he sighed, shaking his head. "It's over Tommy, call it..."

The chopper fell silent for a moment as Tom shook his head, cursing under his breathe as he glanced down at his watch. "Time of Death,...6:46 PM...."

He pulled out his pad as he sat back, jotting down the time. Officially the time of death would be whatever the Doctors said when they got to the hospital but they would add this note on to the file when processing the body. Tom stared at the man, shaking his head in disbelief as he sighed. "I never thought I'd out live him...."

Silence for a few moments as no one said anything, Richard simply leaned over Samuel's body, about to pull the sheet over his face when he gasped in surprise. Samuel's eyes remained closed but with out warning his chest rose and then fell! Richard put his finger to the side of the neck and yelled out over the chopper engine! "I got a pulse, it's weak but there!"

Versatile Survivor

It was all so loud, but Nix couldn't watch the scene anymore, her eyes just went to the ceiling, listening to the blades, her hands clenched tightly together as she tried to keep herself out of the way, to be the least intrusive as possible. They just had to do their jobs, she had to sit and wait, that was her current role. It was also slowly driving her mad- as it wrenched at her heart to watch and so, she didn't.

Please survive,please, please Sama pull through. Breathe again,god just breathe again

It was so interesting how important the simple act of breathing became so important. The sound of Sama's body rising and falling with a thump made her wince.

Look at the ceiling, just keep your eyes there.

The sound again,another wince.

"Call it Tommy..."

"No!" Nix yelled, her eyes snapping to the lifeless body of Samuel, her fist hitting down into the helicopters seat. "He is not dead damn it! He is god damn not!"Nix pulled herself back into the seat, sucking in a great deal of air and holding her breath to stop the rising torrid of emotion. He couldn't be. He wasn't,it wasn't happening. Nix covered her face with her hands, breathing out and feeling her eyes water, but denying it all the same."He can't be."She growled, heartbroken but in the biggest fit of denial. No one would of heard her over the chopper, Nix simply wasn't being loud enough while speaking into her hands.

Get back here you b*****d! Show us all up again, prove that there is always a chance. PLEASE, just get the hell back here!

"I've got a pulse, it's weak but there!"

Nix removed her hands from her face, looking to what had been a corpse.She smiled wide, her eyes watering up again and muttering"Told you." Of course, who knew what was going to happen next, but at least he was breathing again,and his heart pumping blood once more.

Dangerous Prophet

{ Samayou Tamashii

Devil of the Mountain }

User Image

Voices? He heard voices? Muffled, far away but he heard them. Slowly his eyes fluttered open and his gaze fell upon a young man, short blonde hair and brown eyes. He knew this man, he was...someone....who was he? He heard the name Tom, his hearing slowly becoming better as he heard reference to an IV and fluids. He felt the warmth of a blanket as it was pulled up over his body to shield him from the cold. he felt the sensation of height, he was up in something..metal and glass...a chopper? The man, it was Thomas, a young Para-medic who had been a former Combat Surgeon. That's right, he remembered now he had hired this man to work on his Team. The Durem Emergency response Task force, highly trained and combat ready para-medics.

His gaze turned down as they stuck a needle into his vein on his right arm, setting up an IV as an Oxygen mask was put over his face. The cooling sensation of fresh air touching his lips and nose. He felt like a thousand pounds was siting on his chest, as if someone was strangling his heart and with each beat it stung...but he was alive. His breaths were short and raspy but the saturated oxygen helped.

He smelled...perfume...sweet lavender. His head slowly turning as his black empty eyes fell on nix....she...had come back. His left hand felt numb but he forced it to move, stretching it out to her as his fingers clawed the air for her hand.......

Vozie's Senpai

Fashionable Gekko

-He shrugged his shoulders at his response because, he honestly didn't know how long he was out there. When they got Sama up and going to the chopper as they were given the request of hopping into the aircraft, he would simply nod and hop in after. Main thing Nix would find out later on during the ride towards the hospital, Kizu didn't talk much unless he was intoxicated one way or another. That left eye shift towards Samas body along the stretcher and then towards Nix, he didn't know too much about her either. The last time they had made a bit contact was at The Individual, Kizu was recovering from berserk throughout the bar.

What an even that was, everyone was safe and Kizu gained something new out of it in the end. Coming back to the moment with the chopper, he didn't know what to say to her. He simply leaned forward with his forearms resting along his thighs, this whole ordeal is pretty wild to go through. With time passing by along the trip to the hospital, he set his sight on the paramedics have a go in an attempt of bringing him back. From a shot to the multiple attempts of the defibrillator, only thing he could do was just look on with a straight face.

In his mind, there was that mix of worry and frustration slowly welling up from within as they kept at it. Soon as he heard the time of death, he got up and shouted "Bullshit!" He stood there for the first time in true anger. Hearing Nix being outraged at the results, his right gauntlet clung to the ceiling and almost clenched a piece of the top into his grasp. Hearing one of the paramedic spoke up with a sign of lingering hop, his angered reaction faded and he looked at Sama after they mentioned about a weak pulse. "I'll be damned." Seeing his breath hit the oxygen mask, he was relieved. He dropped back to his seat and settled his back against the wall withe hearty little smirk forming. He lives.-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff