Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thomas "The Saint" McElroy
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thomas awoke in his room half asleep covering his face as a few streams of sunlight poked through his window. Still half asleep he pulled himself out of bed and walked over to the window. He opened the curtains to see the street below as people were moving back and forth on their way to work. He covered his eyes against the sun rising in the horizon. He backed away from the window and made his way to the wooden dresser. He got dressed in his usual attire, a tan colored long sleeved shirt and brown suit. He looked everything over once and grabbed his brown cap before exiting and locking the door behind him. He walked down the creaky wooden stairs, feeling the light stubble on his face. " Mornin mam" he said to the lady at the front desk. She looked up at him acknowledgingly and returned his greeting. Last night had been a late night an he was still tired but he had to go see what the boss man wanted. He felt around in his breast pocket for a cigar before pulling one out . He cupped his hand around the tip and lit a match. He took a puff and made his way through the crowded street to look for Mr. McDaly. As he passed a church he didthea sign of the cross and tossed a coin to the beggar sitting outside. " God bless ya sir" the beggar cried out. Thomas nodded to him and continued walking.
Rowan O'Connel
User Image

Rowan was known among some of the people manly because she was a woman you could not toy with. Thankfully, for her, her bright hair was not uncommon around these areas so it was less likley for her to stand out despite her very appealing looks. To be quite frank the majority of people she had seen around these areas were either very attractive females or rough and tough young boys. She couldn't complain. It made her job all the more fun.

She moved down the streets but slowed as she saw a figure that was all too familiar to her. A cop. Even if she didnt' reconize him it was clear he was someone who followed the law. A smirk crossed over her lips as she continued on her way without pausing to take much notice of him. She wanted to get to work. She was bored and needed a new task.

She moved out of view of the gracious man that was before her and continued down the street. Findig food would probably be good idea but she needed money. It was too early to talk her way through free food. There was probably some at work.
Meili Lan

User Image

Mei blinked as she realized he was accusing her of taking too much interest. When she heard Connor's spiel about how he had never seen a physician before a light dawned in her eyes. Of course. No one ever showed compassion towards these men. She should have known better than to assume he wouldn't think anything of it. It was in Mei's nature to care. For everyone. But of course, Connor didn't know that.
Mei wrote his name and date of birth on her record chart. "Yes I'm afraid I am new. I do everything by the book and a little extra, unlike some nurses. Precaution is the best way to prevent injury. Or at least, in your case, further injury." she quipped, giving him a small smile and hoping he knew she was simply joking with him. When she looked up and saw his eyes on hers she immediately blushed. Being Chinese, and especially only a middle class Chinese immigrant, she was not used to such direct eye contact. She stammered for a second before finally getting out "Oh um, my name is Meili. Meili Lan. But you can call me Mei." Mei smiled before turning away from him to put her clipboard down. She washed her hands in the basin of water she was given in her tent, scrubbing a little harder than necessary to force herself to focus on the task at hand and not Connor's face.
When that was done, she turned back to Connor with a cloth that had an antiseptic chemical on it for cleaning wounds in one hand, and a gauze patch in another. "Let's take a look at that and see if you need any stitches." she murmured quietly, laying the gauze pad next to him and getting closer to take a look. It was extremely....distracting to be this close to him. She had never had this issue with a patient before, but a good nurse works through anything. She noticed how long and thick his eyelashes were, just as before when he had blinked and given his name. 'Men always have thick eyelashes they don't need.' she thought idly, feeling cheated.

Dapper Gaian

User Image

Connor & Casey

FOLEY

User ImageUser Image

Connor chuckled as Mei admitted she was new, he smoke in his smooth voice and thick south Ireland accent, "I can tell." As the cloth of antiseptic touched his wound, he cringed slightly as it began to sting making the wound feel suddenly cold. He held still despite the uncomfortable feeling trying remain alluring to the cute Chinese nurse, "Well you're already a step ahead of all the other nurses and physicians around here. They are usually bitter they have to sit here and take care of us replaceable immigrants instead of working in their own swamp cooled medical center or making house calls." Connor sighed shaking his head, "Mei, that's a nice name. Simple." he watched her gather supplies, moving around. As she mentioned stitches, Connor leaned his head back so she could examine the depth of the cut, "Wouldn't that just be great." he spoke softly under his breath expressing his annoyance with the inconvenience of stitches. Although he wouldn't be surprised, the corner did catch him just right.

Quickly smoothing out and leveling the dirt, Casey was lost in his thoughts. The work he did had by now become muscle memory so he conducted his work without even thinking, instead, his mind was somewhere else. Casey remembered back almost 15 years ago, the first time he met Tabby. She was only six at the time, and Connor was 11. He brought her to their small, worn down apartment in the building that housed all the miners who worked on the site. She was nervous, Connor held tight to her hand the entire time, even as they sat down from dinner she refused to let go. Casey, who was eight at the time, tried to talk to her, to get her to open up. Finally, the little red haired girl gave him a big smile. Casey would never forget that smile, but it frustrated him. All through the years, no matter how much Casey tried, Tabby seemed to relate to Connor better, they seemed closer, more intimate. Not sexually or in anyway like that but personally intimate. Casey wanted that relationship with Tabby as well.

"So what are you doing tonight, Casey? It is pay day after all." Nat said approaching him, "You and Connor have another big night planned?"

"Huh? Oh! Yeah," Casey's mind came back to reality, "We're going to the pub, if you want to join us."

"Sounds good." Nat laughed, "I could use some fun."
Meili Lan

User Image

Mei chuckled. "Yes I suppose it is a bit obvious that I'm new." she frowned at Connor's story of the other nurses and physicians. "They shouldn't be that way. People are people no matter what their social status. A human life isn't replaceable. Not to me anyways." she sighed.
Taking a closer look at the cut she nodded grimly. "Yes, this will need a few stitches. Don't worry I'll be gentle." she teased him, as if he couldn't handle a few measly stitches after all the work he did and injuries he sustained on a daily basis. She took out her little first aid kit with sutures and a needle and began disinfecting it. As she leaned in to begin sewing she worked carefully. She didn't apply a topical anesthetic because 1, she was almost out, and 2, this was a relatively minor injury, so the antiseptic probably had helped to numb it a little. Even so she was as gentle as possible while sewing the cut up.
When she was done she leaned back to admire her work. "My mother always told me I should have been a seamstress. I just couldn't handle the conditions. These aren't great conditions but at least I get to help people like my parents." she sighed. "Anyways! I'll need to see you back...oh in about 5 to 7 days. The cut should be okay by then, and I'll be able to remove the stitches for you. Whatever you do, DON'T TAKE THEM OUT YOURSELF! Leave that to the professionals. Wouldn't want a mean ugly scar on that charming face of yours, would we? I bet you're a real lady-killer." she mused, chuckling. "I'm going to cover the stitches with this gauze pad. Please don't remove it either. If it gets dirty or you start to bleed and need a new one, just pop by and see me. Okay?" she said sternly, looking him in the face. If there was one thing she couldn't stand, it was stubborn individuals who didn't follow her medical advice.
User Image
~Astrid Cecelia Elsen~

Astrid was lucky and had the day off today. This happened rarely so she took the chance and ran with it. However, she made sure not to tell her father. He would worry and ultimately she would feel guilty and end up at work. Astrid felt rather silly though. She had virtually no money so she couldn't exactly go out of her way and do anything like eat somewhere nice or shop for something. All those dreams and ideals had been dashed away long ago.
Without thinking Astrid found herself walking around the town. She was wore a dark blouse and riding pants with riding boots. Her wavy dark hair was too much of a hassle so she she left it down and let it do its thing. With her grey/blue eyes she scanned the small town. To her the city screamed nothing but pain and loss. To the upper and middle class, it was a dream though. Without thinking Astrid found herself by the railroad tracks and started walking along them and humming a song. Soon she found herself singing softly to herself. The song really fit the mood. It was a children’s song called "A Hobo Was Walking Down Roslags Street".

"En rallare, en rallare, på Roslagsgatan gick,
Han hade stora öron och näsan var en klick.
Byxorna de hasade och skorn mit it tu,
Han skulle ut och möta sin kära lilla fru.
I hörnet stog en annan och rökte sina bloss,
Han hadde tjusig, lokig panna, "kom, Tjabo, ska vi sloss?"
Och Tjabo fick en skalle, en skalle så de skräll, och
"Gör dig inte mallig en annan lördag kväll."
Tjabo han gick vidare och hitta denna bit,
han trodde det var tobak, men det var dynamit.
Han stoppade i pipan och sedan tände på,
och Tjabo gick i bitar men pipan höll endå.
"

As the song came to an end she saw the Foley brothers and Nat. They were all nice enough guys. Maybe she could go out with them to get a drink once they got off of work. Anything could happen. "Hi," she called out as she carefully crossed the tracks over to the boys. However, Connor was missing. "Did something happen to Connor?" She had a slight accent, but nothing heavy like her father. Still, some words rolled off her tongue differently than others. Astrid shrugged off Connor. If she worried to much about everyone she would worry herself sick.

User Image

Devoted Elocutionist

11,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image
ZiyiElizabethHyyun
Middle Class, Chinese
☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆
My location//: Restaurant My mood//: Alert. My company//: Ailee and a young Irish girl.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Ziyi looked up from brewing the coffee and green tea when she heard somebody walk in, it was just Ailee. She smiled to one of her few employees that she could afford to pay and waved at her. "Good morning," she said with a nod and then went back to brewing the green tea since the coffee was finished. Only a short, few minutes later, she had to look up at again someone else walked in. She saw that it was a young, probably Irish based on her hair color, skin, and build, girl. She set the tea pot down to keep heating and walked over to the young red head since Ailee was currently busy with other things in the kitchen. She smiled at the young girl. "Good morning. Welcome to the Red Moon. Will you be joined by anyone, or will it be just you?" Zi asked in a soft tone as she reached for a menu and set of silver-wear, along with chopsticks, should she choose to use them. With the material she needed to seat the young girl in hand, the young Chinese woman stood, waiting patiently on the girl's answer.

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════════════☼══════════════════════╗

Tabby turned around suddenly as the voice called her back from eying and observing the foreign yet marvelous decorations adding a sense of class and exotic excitement and intrigue to the restaurant's appearance. Her large hazel, green eyes turned to look for the woman who spoke to her. Her long, black eyelashes gave a few blinks as a smile spread across her soft, fair skinned face as her eyes connected with the woman's. Her long, red hair frizzing slightly on the ends from running through the windy city. She replied,
"Oh! Sorry. Nice place you have here. I've never been in an Asian restaurant before, never eaten the food neither." she nodded placing her hands on her hips, "There's just one of me right now, but if I like it I'll bring the res' of us back... if you don't mind a bunch a Irish in your place. Do you have a bar?" Tabby asked.
Tabby was incredibly friendly and talkative. She enjoyed the company of others and enjoyed talking about her life and listening to theirs, swapping war stories and what not. These were the things in every human's life that made us all connected on some level, even if others didn't act like it. Especially those big wigs who lived in the large towers that over looked the city. At many times those men seemed less than human.

╚══════════════════════☼══════════════════════╝

Dapper Gaian

User Image

Connor & Casey

FOLEY

User ImageUser Image
Mei certainly did talk a lot, but that didn't bother Connor, he was too busy eying her body and checking out the assets. She did have a cute face and charming personality, but what about the rest. He made sure to be discrete as he looked down her body very quickly when she turned around and before she turned to face him again, his eyes were back on hers. Connor wasn't a womanizer nor was he what many referred to as a "manwhore" sure he had broken a few hearts in his day and there were certainly more hearts to be broken, but Connor respected women, much more than many men did. He owed that to him and Casey's mother. She always was making sure the boys treated a woman right, listened to what they had to say and respected them as they would a fellow man... and if that wasn't enough, there was no way Tabby was the kind of girl that could be ignored. That girl had quite a mouth on her, "Aww... But I'm real good at taking 'em out." he said in protest with a large grin as she prepared to give him the stitches. The lady killer comment definitely caught him off guard. He replied with a small chuckle, entertained by the idea, "Why do you ask? Is it working on you?" he reached out gently and wrapped his hand around her wrist, holding it as he waited until she looked at him, staring into her eyes he replied, "Hey... Thank you by the way." his tone was serious this time as gratefulness was heard in his voice.

Slightly alarmed by the familiar girl's arrival, Casey jumped at the sound of her voice and stopped spreading the dirt long enough to turn to face her and reply, "Oh! Hey there Miss Astrid. How goes it?" Casey remembered Astrid from when they were growing up. The girl was an immigrant, and like most immigrants, her parents had demeaning jobs with little pay and they lived in the town the factories, the railroads, the city had put aside for them, cheap, small apartments. All the kids in the neighborhood were close, the vast majority were immigrants. Although, it was an interesting social dynamic to watch how the Irish children flocked together, the Puerto Rican children, the Swedish, the German, the Chinese, everyone separated into their own groups, but Astrid was a social butterfly it seemed, "What brings a little lady like yourself all the way down here?"

"Ma'am." Nat greeted as he tipped his hat to the white woman, all those white people all looked the same to him no matter what nation they hailed from. The only one's he could tell apart were the Irish with their green eyes and thick hair or the ones from Denmark area with the bright blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Oh uh... Nat hit Connor in the head with a metal framing beam." Casey laughed turning to look at Nat.

"I tried to warn him." Nat defended himself.
User Image
~Astrid Cecelia Elsen~

"Why must you boys hurt one another?" Astrid rolled her eyes at Nat. "And stop calling me Ma'am," she playfully punched him in the arm. She really cared for these boys and in all honesty she didn't quite know why. Maybe it was the fact that they all grew up together and understood each others pain and struggles. Somehow, somehow they all got along together. She finally turned to face Casey and brushed a piece of hair out of her face and smiled, "I'm doing good Casey. And yourself?" Casey was a kind person. He had seen her at her worst when her brother died and she refused to eat for days on end.

"Well, I actually got the day off from work," Astrid admitted. "But, you know how my father is so I couldn't tell him." Lightly, she kicked a pebble with the front of her boot and took in a deep breath. "I was actually wondering if you guys were going to the pub after work. I'm in need of a drink and I don't fancy going alone."

User Image
Meili Lan

User Image

Mei shook her head. "I don't care how good you are at taking them out, you'd better leave it to me. Don't underestimate me. I may look sweet and innoocent but I've been told I have a killer temper, especially when people don't follow my instructions." she pretended to glare at him but broke into a grin.
She openly laughed at Connor's question of if his lady killer status was working on her. "I'm afraid I'm not easily wooed, good sir." she retorted, shaking her head in mock disappointment. When he grabbed her hand and wrist Mei blinked and blushed inadvertently. She kept trying to look away from his eyes as he told her thank you but she couldn't and it was making her somewhat uncomfortable. "Oh, um, well I'm just doing my job, but you're quite welcome." she gave him a shy smile as she gently tugged her hand out of his grasp so he couldn't feel her pulse hammering.
'Idiot!', she chastised herself mentally, 'He's not really attracted to you, he's just flirting, it's what men do. Just clean up your mess and send him on his way before you make a fool of yourself.' she thought.
Mei slowly turned away, picking up her supplies and throwing the used ones in the trash while putting away the unused ones. Her small hips were only lightly curved and she did her best not to stumble like an idiot when she walked away from him. She had seen women swinging their hips on the street as they walked, thinking there was no small wonder why men followed women like that, with their curvaceous figures and large bosoms pushed up in corsets and such. Mei didn't have much of a figure because of her Chinese heritage. She had always been petite with small curves, just barely enough so that people passing could tell she was a woman.
But what she lacked in curves, she made up for with the beauty of her long jet black hair and kind brown eyes. She knew a woman's body type meant little if accompanied with a sour disposition, so she did her best not to focus on her flaws and, instead, dress and behave like a lady. "Alright well that's all I can do for you today. Come back and see me in four or five days and I'll remove the stitches. And if you need another bandage just let me know." she said with a friendly smile, trying to be nice about getting him out of there. She didn't really want him to leave but it was unprofessional to let him linger, especially when she knew it could cause him trouble at the work site.

Devoted Elocutionist

11,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image
ZiyiElizabethHyyun
Middle Class, Chinese
My location//: Restaurant My mood//: Alert. My company//: Ailee and a young Irish girl.

Ziyi smiled and gave a light nod to the woman. "Yes, actually," she said in response to the Irish girl's question of the bar. She then directed her to the bar which had four stools at it. "Sit anywhere you'd like. Here's a menu. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, green tea, beer, perhaps?" Zi asked the red-head the typical restaurant host questions with a beaming smile on her face. Being that Zi herself was an immigrant of sorts, she certainly didn't mind other immigrants in her restaurant. It was a completely non-racial facility and anyone who had a problem with that was forced to leave.

((OOC:// Short, but it does it's job. ^^;; ))

Fashionable Gaian

2,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════════════☼══════════════════════╗

Smiling as the kind Chinese woman pointed to a bar, Tabby always liked a good bar. Usually they just went down to the pub, it was unfortunate most Irishmen did not come to Boston wealthy enough to rent a building and open their own pub, but there was one in town that Tabby and Connor had been going to since the day he turned 18 and was able to drink. Although, the nice thing about that pub, was that even though you weren't 18, if you were Irish, old man O'Mally still would set you up with a nice pint of ale. It would be nice though for some new atmosphere... maybe. Tabby began to make her way over to claim her stool at the bar when she turned her head to look over her shoulder up at the woman, "I have to get back to work so just some fruit juice if you have some, Thank you, Ma'am." she smiled as she sat down on the stool and spun around a few times before catching the bar with his slender, oil and grease stained hands.

╚══════════════════════☼══════════════════════╝
Thomas "The Saint" McElroy
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thomas had been waiting for Killian McDaly for about an hour now but there was no sign of him. So he continued walking along until he ran into one of their associates, Paul O'Leary. He was a short man with dark hair and a dark stubble on his face. He wore a bowler derby cap on his head and dirty clothes. " Hey Paul! What's the word for tonight, any news from the boss? I haven't been able to find Mr. McDaly anywhere." he asked as walked over to him. "Tommy! How ya been Tommy, oh ya just missed him. He told me the plan for tonight is O'Mally's pub. The real action's gonna be out back though. We gonna have the fights, betting, ladies, you name it." Paul replied joyfully. " Sounds like a good time then. See ya there." Thomas said laughing as he left. He had to find a way to kill time until then.

Devoted Elocutionist

11,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image
ZiyiElizabethHyyun
Middle Class, Chinese

Ziyi smiled once more at the Irish woman. "Alright. Apple or orange juice?" The Chinese woman asked her customer, giving her the options on the juices she had. While she waited on her answer, Zi wiped off the counter in front of the red-head, making it a clean space for her to eat. "Will you be eating here with us today as well? Anything big or just a small entree?" She politely asked the young girl, hoping that she'd at least eat something, after all she looked rather skinny.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff